Classics - The Weather Channel from 1982-1999 > TWC Classics News

TWC Classics relaunch

(1/7) > >>

twcclassics:
I would like to change the focus of TWCC from TWC nostalgia to memorable weather events. TWC would still be the primary source of content, but I'd also use other content when available. Examples of this other content would include local stations, other cable channels, and amateur footage. And if I can master Photoshop, I'd create my own maps and charts. The idea is a combination of the memorable storms area I added awhile back, as well as my timeline idea from last month. The former of which was inspired by Ray's Weather Archive, with help from my friend Alex.

The problem is that I don't know if I can do this without re-organizing the site. Here's the things I want to do. Can anyone think of a way to accomplish this without re-organizing? Thanks!

- Organize local forecast clips by playlist date, and combine them with audio clips
- Post emulated local forecasts on a regular basis
- Post news/rumors about TWC, as well as news about current major weather events
- Create a weather 101 area, where common questions about the weather are answered
- Expand memorable storms area to include those without names, and include content from local footage, my graphics, etc.
- Create a store area w/reviews and links to weather-related dvds, books, weather instruments, etc.
- Create a section of interesting local forecast screenshots
- Expand OCM screenshots to include one screenshot of each ocm every year (when possible)

Nick:
I might be able to help with historical weather events. I have a feeling your list will be a lot of work though...everything would have to be sortable by date.

Lightning:
I can't say I am for this. I LOVE twc classics because I can think back at the TWC I knew in the 80s and 90s. Please don't change it!  :no: Everything on the site now would be gone. I love the classic footage from the cards of the segments to the business travel forecast slides and city backdrops, local forecast videos featuring the 3000 and 4000 and I could go on and on. Please keep it!

twcclassics:

--- Quote from: TWCC_Lightning on October 28, 2012, 10:44:37 PM ---I can't say I am for this. I LOVE twc classics because I can think back at the TWC I knew in the 80s and 90s. Please don't change it!  :no: Everything on the site now would be gone. I love the classic footage from the cards of the segments to the business travel forecast slides and city backdrops, local forecast videos featuring the 3000 and 4000 and I could go on and on. Please keep it!

--- End quote ---
It would still be a TWC nostalgia site. It would just focus more on the storm systems, rather than being random sets of clips and pics. Adding other types of footage would make it more interesting.

Lightning:

--- Quote from: twcclassics on October 28, 2012, 11:02:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: TWCC_Lightning on October 28, 2012, 10:44:37 PM ---I can't say I am for this. I LOVE twc classics because I can think back at the TWC I knew in the 80s and 90s. Please don't change it!  :no: Everything on the site now would be gone. I love the classic footage from the cards of the segments to the business travel forecast slides and city backdrops, local forecast videos featuring the 3000 and 4000 and I could go on and on. Please keep it!

--- End quote ---
It would still be a TWC nostalgia site. It would just focus more on the storm systems, rather than being random sets of clips and pics. Adding other types of footage would make it more interesting.

--- End quote ---
You mean you would just add content about weather events and storm systems, but everything I mentioned in my previous post in this thread would go nowhere? The clips and pics would still be on there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version