June 26, 2024, 02:23:49 PM

Author Topic: LDL Ads (Suggestion)  (Read 6633 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: LDL Ads (Suggestion)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 07:21:23 PM »
I miss the original 40-city loop TWC had on the national LDL. They added the cities that were on the LDA and they also took off Airport Delays, which I found quite useful although in the mornings it would show the major, major hubs with "No Delay" instead of just saying "No Reported Delays" in the entire cycle.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 07:29:42 PM »
I miss the original 40-city loop TWC had on the national LDL. They added the cities that were on the LDA and they also took off Airport Delays, which I found quite useful although in the mornings it would show the major, major hubs with "No Delay" instead of just saying "No Reported Delays" in the entire cycle.
Exactly my point. The LDL was meant to show info not seen on the local forecast and show as much info as possible in that short amount of time. I remember how the airport delays info was intermittently on my LDL on some mornings (back in the early daze), and then when it was permanently added :P

You can't blame everything on NBC btw :P
I can when the graphics were obviously not developed by TWC (who would actually put thought and effort into it)... rather inside a week or so by NBC :P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:31:23 PM by wxntrafficfan »
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 09:11:48 PM »
Seriously? Of course they probably thought of this. However the method they use now makes it easier on TWCs end to push advertising. Plus TWC wants to show ads to people not on the IS too. Why send ads to the IS when they are already being shown on screen for legacy STAR viewers?
Why not just move the ad back to the upper-right corner like how it was during the chromakey days? This would end the issues altogether, and you can still see the logos just as good.
Where do your eyes travel to when you are looking at the TV screen on TWC? MOST viewers are looking at their local forecast on the LDL and are going to view the ad more. I kid you not this plays a roll in how they do stuff. TWC is known for testing every little aspect of their network with study groups. Ads stuck in the local wx will get viewed more with more attention payed to it. Plus they spent money and time creating a brand new ldl with a special place for it. Doubt they want to say.... oops well that didn't work!
Wow, I just miss the days where networks were more concerned about the purpose of them. Seems all networks care about is money, money, and more money. :/

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 09:26:51 PM »
Wow, I just miss the days where networks were more concerned about the purpose of them. Seems all networks care about is money, money, and more money. :/
So true. Sadly the desire to make every penny effects quality

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »
Seriously? Of course they probably thought of this. However the method they use now makes it easier on TWCs end to push advertising. Plus TWC wants to show ads to people not on the IS too. Why send ads to the IS when they are already being shown on screen for legacy STAR viewers?
Why not just move the ad back to the upper-right corner like how it was during the chromakey days? This would end the issues altogether, and you can still see the logos just as good.
Where do your eyes travel to when you are looking at the TV screen on TWC? MOST viewers are looking at their local forecast on the LDL and are going to view the ad more. I kid you not this plays a roll in how they do stuff. TWC is known for testing every little aspect of their network with study groups. Ads stuck in the local wx will get viewed more with more attention payed to it. Plus they spent money and time creating a brand new ldl with a special place for it. Doubt they want to say.... oops well that didn't work!

As sad as it is, Money makes the world go around.  :hmm:  :(

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 10:15:49 PM »
So true. Sadly the desire to make every penny effects quality
I blame the fact that the government is doing everything becides helping our horrible economy problem :rolleyes: Helthcare was screwed up, still is, but it didn't even need that much attention like the economy. If the government does something to help the economy, maybe networks will be like they used to, but it clearly isn't the case  :hammer:

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 10:22:02 PM »
Let me make one point clear - anything taken out of the LDL (airports, travel cities, etc) was taken out for a reason - because people didn't find it useful! They wouldn't take out something people liked. They're called focus groups people.

I can when the graphics were obviously not developed by TWC (who would actually put thought and effort into it)... rather inside a week or so by NBC :P
They were developed by TWC, not NBC.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 05:30:38 AM »
Like I said, it's obvious that thought and effort was not put into the development of the new graphics, hence why I noted that this would not have happened without direct influence (in my opinion, force) on part of NBC :yes:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 02:49:09 PM »
Where do you see a lack of thought and effort?

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
Like I said, it's obvious that thought and effort was not put into the development of the new graphics, hence why I noted that this would not have happened without direct influence (in my opinion, force) on part of NBC :yes:
Force? NBC is the parent company now. TWC isn't forced to do anything... they do as they are instructed. These graphics and ideas were worked on for over half a year at least. Why do you say no thought or effort was put into the design? Just because you don't like it?