April 18, 2024, 12:29:09 PM

Author Topic: TWC Showing Different Intellistar??  (Read 2057 times)

Offline BOLT96

• ---
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 51
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
TWC Showing Different Intellistar??
« on: June 25, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »
About an hour ago a tiny gray bar popped up at the bottom-left corner of the screen and TWC started showing the Aberdeen/Bel Air, MD Intellistar instead of my area's (Columbia, MD). I've got absolutely no idea what the heck is going on!! :blink: I'll try to get a pic or something up later.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: TWC Showing Different Intellistar??
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 07:12:37 PM »
Well I don't know what the grey bar is, but I think the showing of a different city means something is wrong with HiRAD for your city.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 07:13:03 PM »
About an hour ago a tiny gray bar popped up at the bottom-left corner of the screen and TWC started showing the Aberdeen/Bel Air, MD Intellistar instead of my area's (Columbia, MD). I've got absolutely no idea what the heck is going on!! :blink: I'll try to get a pic or something up later.

In my experience, sometimes your cable company will show a Star from a neighboring area if your local Star is having problems.  I've seen this happen twice, actually: Boston's Star was temporarily replaced by Worcester's, and Daytona Beach's was temporarily replaced by Orlando's.  In most cases, it won't last long.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 07:13:49 PM »
Well I don't know what the grey bar is, but I think the showing of a different city means something is wrong with HiRAD for your city.

Maybe the first message wasn't clear, which is why we have different answers.  While you're assuming it's HiRAD, I'm assuming it's actually a neighboring Star that's being shown instead of the local one.  I've seen both cases happen before.

Offline TWC Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 099
  • SD WxStar ID #: ?
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »
The same thing happened to my Intellistar a long time ago when something was wrong with it and it was showing Intellistar from a close area in Chicago until the problem is solved.