May 14, 2024, 04:07:49 AM

Author Topic: HD Local On 8's Now Satellite Version  (Read 4756 times)

Offline micvachon

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 528
  • SD Channel #: 28
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
HD Local On 8's Now Satellite Version
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:47:51 PM »
I switched from satellite to cable for the sole reason of having the HD Local on the 8's. I have Atlantic Broadband. Well everything has been great and going smoothly then for the last few weeks the HD Local on 8's has been only the satellite national version while the standard definition 8's is still the local version. It's very frustrating. I called Atlantic Broadband and they said they could send someone out to my house to see if it's a problem on my end... I declined that offer knowing it's something on their end. Anyone else having this issue? Any advice how to get my REAL Local on 8's in HD back?

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Re: HD Local On 8's Now Satellite Version
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »
It's almost ludicrous for them to suggest that a problem with the Star is on your end!  :club:

Offline micvachon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:10:43 PM »
I agree! I don't know what to do or even if they are aware there's an issue and it needs to be fixed :/

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:22:21 PM »
Make a thread in this subforum addressing the issue, the STAR team should be able to look into the problem for you there.  ;)

https://twctodayforums.com/forums/weatherstar-tech-support/

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 02:04:11 PM »
Make a thread in this subforum addressing the issue, the STAR team should be able to look into the problem for you there.  ;)

https://twctodayforums.com/forums/weatherstar-tech-support/

Tavores is right.  This sounds like an issue the STAR team might be able to handle. :)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »
Are we sure that he's not just confused and didn't even have the IS2 in the first place?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 03:47:58 PM »
Are we sure that he's not just confused and didn't even have the IS2 in the first place?
Trevor has a point. Usually if people could tell the difference, based on my observations, they would identify the names as the STAR type in lieu of saying Local on the 8s here. If your headend doesnt have an i2HD hooked up, you should be seeing the national feed. If they do and it's been absent for an extended period of time, do make a topic in WxStar Support.  :)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 05:15:18 PM »
Trevor has a point. Usually if people could tell the difference, based on my observations, they would identify the names as the STAR type in lieu of saying Local on the 8s here. If your headend doesnt have an i2HD hooked up, you should be seeing the national feed. If they do and it's been absent for an extended period of time, do make a topic in WxStar Support.  :)

Read the post carefully. ;)

I switched from satellite to cable for the sole reason of having the HD Local on the 8's. I have Atlantic Broadband. Well everything has been great and going smoothly then for the last few weeks the HD Local on 8's has been only the satellite national version while the standard definition 8's is still the local version. It's very frustrating. I called Atlantic Broadband and they said they could send someone out to my house to see if it's a problem on my end... I declined that offer knowing it's something on their end. Anyone else having this issue? Any advice how to get my REAL Local on 8's in HD back?

I was about to say something about to this matter, but then noticed that the wording looks like he had the IS2 and it disappeared suddenly.

Offline micvachon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
Hey guys just a quick update. I have been a fan of weather and TWC for a long time lol. I know what the differences are :D Actually just now the IS2 is back on, however every screen is filled with "NO DATA". I assume they are working on it tho :) Thanks everyone for the feedback! I appreciate it :D

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »
Hey guys just a quick update. I have been a fan of weather and TWC for a long time lol. I know what the differences are :D Actually just now the IS2 is back on, however every screen is filled with "NO DATA". I assume they are working on it tho :) Thanks everyone for the feedback! I appreciate it :D

This "NO DATA" usually means the system is rebooting, and things should slowly be returning to normal soon.  Glad to see everything has been restored. :biggrin: