March 28, 2024, 04:22:31 PM

Author Topic: Smooth Jazz Return!  (Read 92632 times)

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Smooth Jazz Return!
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2017, 07:19:19 PM »
I haven't heard any new songs, but I'm glad the jazz is back this year (even if it's just for one day).

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2017, 10:20:49 PM »
Jazz day must be over. I haven't heard it in weeks

Offline crazybangles

• Proud fan of TWC (2014-Present)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21809
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
  • WxScan ID #: 20753
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2017, 08:39:27 AM »
Smooth jazz is back! Heard it today on the 6:58 AM and 7:38 AM forecasts today.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2017, 01:16:05 PM »
Smooth jazz is back! Heard it today on the 6:58 AM and 7:38 AM forecasts today.
That's great news!! I was just wondering when they will resume with the smooth jazz days.

Offline Lotologist492

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2017, 02:31:28 AM »
Excellent news!  I am just glad something has happened to wake up this group.  (The silence has been deafening :whistling:)

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2017, 10:37:22 AM »
Excellent news!  I am just glad something has happened to wake up this group.  (The silence has been deafening :whistling:)

Most of the community has moved on to other things, or become busy with the realities of adult life. Ebb and flow, man.

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2017, 01:53:56 PM »

Most of the community has moved on to other things, or become busy with the realities of adult life. Ebb and flow, man.
So what's the future of this forum? Is it going to stay up or are we going to shut it down at the next hosting renewal period?

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »

So what's the future of this forum? Is it going to stay up or are we going to shut it down at the next hosting renewal period?

That's arguably a good question, one that I don't really know the answer to.

Offline Lotologist492

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2017, 03:40:25 AM »

I presume until then you will inspire those of us that have not grown up to adulthood yet but rather gave into fandom of this forum... :rolleyes:

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2017, 07:58:58 AM »
Despite this being completely off topic... I'm sorry to disappoint.. I operate the server the site runs on, so the forum isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

When Martin passed, I moved the forum away from the hosting provider he paid for in Oct 2015 and transitioned all content to 'twctodayforums.com' ..

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2017, 10:07:23 AM »

I presume until then you will inspire those of us that have not grown up to adulthood yet but rather gave into fandom of this forum... :rolleyes:

Before I push us too far off the rails and into the weeds, I would like to clarify my original statement a bit. The point I'm trying to make (and articulated poorly) is that a large number of the content producers and discussion contributors have gone on to other things. If you read back into posts from 2007-2013, there were a lot of active users who just aren't around here anymore, for a lot of different reasons. Some moved on to other phases in their lives. Others don't have the amount of time to watch as much anymore (because we're not coming home after grade school or high school anymore) or the resources (cable/satellite is spendy when you're on your own, even the streaming packages). Some just grew disenchanted with the direction that the network took; for some that started in July 2008, for others that didn't bottom out until WATT. Others just kind of phased into different places; they'll still check in, but less often. At the end of the day, you still have a community that lost a large number of its main content producers. Does that mean we should shutter our doors? I'm inclined to say no, especially because this place still acts as a really solid reference site for a lot of TWC history and info.

TL;DR - I don't think the community is going to be what it once was, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. If you'd like discussion to occur, take the reins and start having it. It's quieter here, these days, but silence can end when you start discussing things. If you see something interesting, talk about it. If you have a question, bring it up. It might take longer to hear back with an answer than it used to, but this place can still act as a resource. Failing that, read back through 10 years of threads. There's some pretty funny stuff buried in there.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:10:27 AM by yourweathertoday »

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2017, 11:07:24 AM »

Get a grip. He was referring to how when you become an adult, you generally have a lot less free time. You know, college, a full time job, marriage, kids?

As someone who has been covering TWC in some form for nearly 20 years, there is indeed an ebb and flow to it in terms of interest. TWCC has gone through several periods of disinterest. I remember trying a message board in 2003 and having it fall flat. I tried a second one in a few years later and it exploded. A few years after that, crickets. So we merged with this board. And that was pretty good for about a year, then crickets again. New topics can restart interest, but not always. Awhile back I was making regular updates to TWCC, and made a few posts here about them. Not one reply. And only a handful on Facebook. It sucks, but what can you do?
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2017, 02:20:14 PM »
I agree with Matt. I check here on a somewhat regular basis but I rarely post anymore. My interest in TWC and LOT8s has faded over the years. I'm an adult now, I don't really have time watching TWC all the time let alone posting online about it. I only turn on TWC when I have a few minutes to spare or during severe weather. Between TWC not being too interesting to me anymore, LOT8s being the same everywhere you go now, and adult stuff to take care off, TWC has taken a back seat in my life. That being said I will continue to check in here on a regular basis and post when I see fit.

Offline Stephen

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2017, 08:46:53 PM »
I agree with Matt. I check here on a somewhat regular basis but I rarely post anymore. My interest in TWC and LOT8s has faded over the years. I'm an adult now, I don't really have time watching TWC all the time let alone posting online about it. I only turn on TWC when I have a few minutes to spare or during severe weather. Between TWC not being too interesting to me anymore, LOT8s being the same everywhere you go now, and adult stuff to take care off, TWC has taken a back seat in my life. That being said I will continue to check in here on a regular basis and post when I see fit.
That's exactly how I've felt about it for the longest time, Tyler. As with you I always check in at least once a day to keep tabs on the boards, but I rarely have the time or the interest in TWC to really participate as much as I did back in the day. It's not that I don't care about the site; it's that I have many more important things in life to concern myself with these days compared to how it was 8-10 years ago.

Offline Lotologist492

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2017, 12:05:04 AM »

Get a grip. He was referring to how when you become an adult, you generally have a lot less free time. You know, college, a full time job, marriage, kids?

As someone who has been covering TWC in some form for nearly 20 years, there is indeed an ebb and flow to it in terms of interest. TWCC has gone through several periods of disinterest. I remember trying a message board in 2003 and having it fall flat. I tried a second one in a few years later and it exploded. A few years after that, crickets. So we merged with this board. And that was pretty good for about a year, then crickets again. New topics can restart interest, but not always. Awhile back I was making regular updates to TWCC, and made a few posts here about them. Not one reply. And only a handful on Facebook. It sucks, but what can you do?

Get a grip??
I simply made an innocent comment that it was nice to see a spark of activity here.  No more.  No less.

And now we have a discussion spiraling out of orbit over the definition of adulthood life and how it relates to partaking in this forum or TWC viewing habits.  And I find the implication appalling that myself or other interested viewers / posters do not understand what adult life is, since we are spending time here.

Maybe this is the reason some shy away from commenting.  (I might suggest the moderators of this site move these last several posts to another location as they don't belong in this thread.)  I guess in the very least a little controversy may generate some discussion.

Its hard to believe my original comment could be so controversial.