March 28, 2024, 10:45:37 AM

Author Topic: Smooth Jazz Return!  (Read 92622 times)

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Smooth Jazz Return!
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »
No one said or implied that younger members wouldn't understand what being an adult was like. "Max" just said that since many of us are adults now, we don't have as much time to comment as we used to.
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2017, 12:06:57 AM »
No one said or implied that younger members wouldn't understand what being an adult was like. "Max" just said that since many of us are adults now, we don't have as much time to comment as we used to.

^This. The point was to try and give an answer as to why this place has been so quiet; a large portion of the user-base is of similar age to me (give or take), and we've got other/new/more pressing interests or issues. You'll still find a fair chunk of us around, but it's more of a casual observer role that most of us fulfill these days.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:14:43 AM by Max »

Offline Lotologist492

• View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2017, 02:01:33 PM »

Max's explanation at least made sense (although his initial post came across wrong).  I will be 50 in a few years so when you assume I do not understand what adult life is and make an off color comment to that effect simply because I noted the lack of activity on these boards, was quite unexpected and unnecessary.  Step back for a second and re-read your own post.  Anyone of any age will find time for the things in life that interest them.  But TWC, being what it is now has become less interesting for many of us.  I get that.

Like many readers here my interest in TWC too has waned.  The reasons for this are numerous and have been discussed at length in other threads.  I check in here almost every day to see any new posts but that is pretty much it.  When another reader posted about hearing smooth jazz in the LOT8s the other day I thought that was a positive thing and was hoping it would lead to some positive discussion.  (Like I was hoping Mr Clark would tweet another smooth jazz calendar like he did for us last year, but that probably won't happen.)

Hopefully this thread will get back on topic now.  This is certainly not the place to tell someone to "get a grip".

Cheers

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2017, 03:19:19 PM »
At any rate, I am happy to hear the smooth jazz again. It makes me happy to hear it, but it would be nice to hear a different selection of jazzy songs for this year.

What others have said earlier is true. A lot of us here liked the way the shows were run, the meteorologists that many of were since let go, longer local forecasts, and diversity in the music selection each month or every other month (they even used to post the songs and albums on their main website). As someone who watched a lot in the past, I hated how I've now gone nearly 4 years hearing the same production music because it's so repetitive and is not like how they used to do it.

Offline KwestMX2

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2017, 07:04:35 PM »
At any rate, I am happy to hear the smooth jazz again. It makes me happy to hear it, but it would be nice to hear a different selection of jazzy songs for this year.

What others have said earlier is true. A lot of us here liked the way the shows were run, the meteorologists that many of were since let go, longer local forecasts, and diversity in the music selection each month or every other month (they even used to post the songs and albums on their main website). As someone who watched a lot in the past, I hated how I've now gone nearly 4 years hearing the same production music because it's so repetitive and is not like how they used to do it.

true. i agree with that.

Offline TV Shows Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 32190
  • SD Channel #: 211
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22581
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2017, 05:41:16 PM »