April 16, 2024, 06:40:28 PM

Author Topic: Krackin' Up by the Lenny Marcus Trio  (Read 2867 times)

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Krackin' Up by the Lenny Marcus Trio
« on: December 19, 2014, 12:38:06 AM »
Years ago, I heard a lively jazz piano song on the local forecast. Somehow, I never managed to hear it again. Or so I thought. I've been going through all my VHS tapes over the last month, trying to throw away as many of them as possible. I started watching one tonight, and the very first thing on the tape was (I believe) this song. I use the words "I believe" because I only heard it once or twice, and it's been years since the last time. The local forecast comes from September 30, 2003.

As I recall, I tried to find the song by looking at that month's playlist. It wasn't listed. I thought maybe I was misremembering it or something. Now I know for sure that it was left off the playlist. Long story even longer, I discovered tonight (thanks to my cell phone) that it was "Krackin' Up" by the Lenny Marcus Trio. I originally suspected it was by them, but for some reason was never able to find it.

Anyone else remember this song?
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline ndinminot

• TWC Music Expert (1986 thru 2009)
  • TWC fan from 1991 to 2008
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Midcontinent Comm.
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Krackin' Up by the Lenny Marcus Trio
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 03:30:32 AM »
Yes sir. I have that CD "Jazz Tonight" where its from, had it for 10 years now
No Place On Earth Has Better Weather

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 01:58:12 PM »
Years ago, I heard a lively jazz piano song on the local forecast. Somehow, I never managed to hear it again. Or so I thought. I've been going through all my VHS tapes over the last month, trying to throw away as many of them as possible. I started watching one tonight, and the very first thing on the tape was (I believe) this song. I use the words "I believe" because I only heard it once or twice, and it's been years since the last time. The local forecast comes from September 30, 2003.

As I recall, I tried to find the song by looking at that month's playlist. It wasn't listed. I thought maybe I was misremembering it or something. Now I know for sure that it was left off the playlist. Long story even longer, I discovered tonight (thanks to my cell phone) that it was "Krackin' Up" by the Lenny Marcus Trio. I originally suspected it was by them, but for some reason was never able to find it.

Anyone else remember this song?
Are you going to upload all the clips from the tapes you're planning to throw away? There were a number of good songs in 2003 that i wanted see LFs of, if possible.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
Are you going to upload all the clips from the tapes you're planning to throw away? There were a number of good songs in 2003 that i wanted see LFs of, if possible.
I plan to convert the tapes I save to DVD some day. This LF will be one of them.
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com