March 28, 2024, 06:48:50 AM

Author Topic: General LF Discussion  (Read 1115552 times)

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
Re: General LF Discussion
« Reply #1065 on: January 13, 2009, 10:16:31 AM »
Has it been used on the Locals?  I've been looking and can't find it...but I could swear it was.
Yep. April 2008.
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #1066 on: January 13, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »
Cool gang, thanks!  I know many of the pieces are stock (they sound super generic)...I'm just waiting for a confirmed Network Music piece to show up.   :yes:

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • SD Channel #: 61
« Reply #1067 on: January 13, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »
Has it been used on the Locals?  I've been looking and can't find it...but I could swear it was.

Yep, it was. It was used in April 2008. :yes:
WeatherSTAR 4000 radar map - last updated 11/25/08 at 11:15 PM PDT

Youtube - Myspace - FileFront

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #1068 on: January 16, 2009, 07:10:19 PM »
lol there's a song called "Local on the 8s" by Greg Witt from the album Smooth Jazz Rock. The song It wa You was used in October's but not that one. Can't say I heard a jazz song with a lot8s beat.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 23, 2009, 01:08:19 PM »
I found this on a google search....profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=65340580

idk if this artist has music that aired on the weather channel but would they be responsible for composing any april or feb 2007 songs?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 23, 2009, 11:19:06 PM »
Would anyone still like my video from March 2008 of Trade Winds by Eddie Reasoner? There is some skipping though.

Offline Alejandro

• Rare and unknown music finder!
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC HD in 17 Days!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • HD Channel #: 4/21/10 on ch. 847
  • SD Channel #: 047
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245/845
« Reply #1071 on: January 24, 2009, 10:06:55 AM »
Would anyone still like my video from March 2008 of Trade Winds by Eddie Reasoner? There is some skipping though.

If you want to show it i will watch it  :yes:

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #1072 on: January 27, 2009, 06:34:08 PM »
Does anyone know the exact date the narration for the "Incidents & construction impacting our area" page was discontinued, so I can edit the wikipedia article?

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #1073 on: January 28, 2009, 09:07:28 PM »
my star is frozen on the LF Screen, and has been since 7:40.

its been awhile since i've seen the SA Star malfunction.

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 28, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
Does anyone know the exact date the narration for the "Incidents & construction impacting our area" page was discontinued, so I can edit the wikipedia article?

it never was discontinued. i get that narration til this very day.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 28, 2009, 09:20:47 PM »
Yeah, there are still a few that carry this for some reason. The Orlando Star has also had the narration for all three traffic screens since 2007. Here, it was discontiued sometime in early January 2006 IIRC.

Maybe the reason why these STARs still have the traffic incidents/traffic flow narration is because of the fact that the traffic overview map isn't available for those locations.

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 28, 2009, 09:48:22 PM »
Yeah, there are still a few that carry this for some reason. The Orlando Star has also had the narration for all three traffic screens since 2007. Here, it was discontiued sometime in early January 2006 IIRC.

Maybe the reason why these STARs still have the traffic incidents/traffic flow narration is because of the fact that the traffic overview map isn't available for those locations.

well i thought the overview maps were pulled for maintenance, have some ISTARs gotten them back?

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #1077 on: January 28, 2009, 09:58:58 PM »
That's exactly the reason. Locations with overview maps only get overview narration. Headends without the overview map get narration for the traffic flow and incident pages.

well i thought the overview maps were pulled for maintenance, have some ISTARs gotten them back?
They were pulled out of the majority of markets because the maps didn't have enough digital data, making them less accurate. They only remained in major markets - NYC, DC, LA, MSP, DFW, San Francisco/Oakland, Chicago, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Houston, Boston, Seattle, Tampa, Philadelphia, and a few others.

Some of the markets where the maps were removed include - San Antonio, Miami, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Nashville, Providence RI, Richmond VA, Hartford CT, Salt Lake City, Sacramento, Louisville, etc.

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 28, 2009, 11:30:11 PM »
That's exactly the reason. Locations with overview maps only get overview narration. Headends without the overview map get narration for the traffic flow and incident pages.

They were pulled out of the majority of markets because the maps didn't have enough digital data, making them less accurate. They only remained in major markets - NYC, DC, LA, MSP, DFW, San Francisco/Oakland, Chicago, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Houston, Boston, Seattle, Tampa, Philadelphia, and a few others.

Some of the markets where the maps were removed include - San Antonio, Miami, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Nashville, Providence RI, Richmond VA, Hartford CT, Salt Lake City, Sacramento, Louisville, etc.

so basically we're not gettin them back? well that sucks. i liked the overview maps.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #1079 on: January 29, 2009, 07:58:09 AM »

so basically we're not gettin them back? well that sucks. i liked the overview maps.

Once Traffic Pulse adds more digital routes to your market, then you'll get it back. But I don't know when that will be. However, they're constantly expanding. They add roads here all the time.