March 28, 2024, 05:38:01 AM

Author Topic: General LF Discussion  (Read 1115518 times)

Offline luesjo12

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 35644
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General LF Discussion
« Reply #5535 on: December 04, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »
Might want to report it to Weather Group, my Star is just fine.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #5536 on: December 10, 2019, 10:51:29 AM »
Christmas music was played on Monday. 

Offline Dylan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • HD Channel #: 735
  • SD Channel #: 97
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23531
« Reply #5537 on: August 05, 2020, 01:25:26 PM »
Here's something I've wondered about since "Weather All the Time" launched in November 2013, 3 alerts can fit on one "ALERTS" page, but if there are 4 alerts, could that many squeeze in in 1 page or would it expand to a second page? If it would expand to a second page, and the "Metro Radar" is showing, how would the LF lineup be affected? Would it skip the 7 day, or only show 1 descriptive forecast? The latter was normal if the "ALERTS" and "Metro Radar" were both showing when they had the "Summary" screen prior to October 2014, so back then, would it have been possible to have the "Metro Radar" jump right to the 7 day with 2 "ALERTS" screens and "Metro Radar" or show only 1 descriptive forecast, then the "Summary"(if 4 or more alerts don't fit on 1 screen)?

Offline luesjo12

• Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: August 05, 2020, 01:33:14 PM »
The I2 (and presumably also I1) will only display 3 alerts at most on the LF. It will not show more than whatever fits on that one alert page.

Offline Dylan

• View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: August 05, 2020, 01:52:38 PM »
The I2 (and presumably also I1) will only display 3 alerts at most on the LF. It will not show more than whatever fits on that one alert page.
The pre-WATT I1 and I2 did display 2 "ALERTS" screens when needed (the I2 would always fit 3 on one screen, while the I1 would only fit 2 on one screen, unless only one line was needed for one of the alerts). Are you for certain that it won't show a second page for 4 or more alerts?

Offline luesjo12

• Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: August 05, 2020, 01:56:01 PM »
The pre-WATT I1 and I2 did display 2 "ALERTS" screens when needed (the I2 would always fit 3 on one screen, while the I1 would only fit 2 on one screen, unless only one line was needed for one of the alerts). Are you for certain that it won't show a second page for 4 or more alerts?

While it is true that the Pre-WATT LFs did have more than one page for alerts on both I1 and I2, the same cannot be said for the WATT LFs. I’m 100% sure I2 (and I1) only show one page for alerts (sadly).

Offline Dylan

• View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: August 05, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »

While it is true that the Pre-WATT LFs did have more than one page for alerts on both I1 and I2, the same cannot be said for the WATT LFs. I’m 100% sure I2 (and I1) only show one page for alerts (sadly).
Where you under more than 3 alerts at some point, and only saw one page with 3?

Offline luesjo12

• Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: August 05, 2020, 02:28:08 PM »
Yep, I was under several alerts during Hurricane Hanna. It only shows one page with the three highest priority alerts. Sort of related, but a new little glitch that some have noticed on I2 is that the three alert page shows at the end of the LF now. I don’t believe that was intentional but it is rather strange.

Offline Dylan

• View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: August 05, 2020, 03:53:27 PM »
Here's another question, how do 2 "Weather Bulletin" screens affect the 1 minute flavor on the pre-WATT IS2? A normal 1 minute flavor went like this;
"Now", "Regional Doppler", "Radar/Satellite" (the "Metro Doppler" automatically overrode it when needed no matter what else was showing), "Local Forecast", "The Week Ahead". If there was 1 "Weather Bulletin" screen, all those products mentioned squeezed in afterward with shorter durations, but I can't imagine they could with 2 screens, especially since that's what the 90 second flavor looked like with 2 "Weather Bulletin" screens showing. Do you have any idea what an old IS2 1 minute flavor with 2 "Weather Bulletin" screens would look like?

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #5544 on: December 15, 2020, 03:25:06 PM »
Noticed today that Christmas music has started playing during the Local On The 8's.
3:18 PM The Boston Pops Orchestra & Arthur Fiedler - Sleigh Ride
5:18 PM Daryl Hall & John Oates - Jingle Bell Rock
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 05:22:39 PM by IceManNYR »

Offline Dylan

• View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: March 09, 2022, 11:12:22 AM »
Ever since the icon change way back on December 12, 2006, "Showers Nearby" on the "Current Conditions" has used the "Scattered Showers" icon. However, since last summer, I have noticed that this inconsistently uses either the "Scattered Showers" icon or the "AM Showers"/"Few Showers" icon on the IntelliStar 2s. I also noticed that on a newly posted Weatherscan video (which over 8 years outdated, is still using the 2010 icons), "Showers Nearby" is using the "Rain/Showers/Light Rain" icon, which I'm surprised that Weatherscan would even get an update in the 2020s, unless this is an update to the "Current Conditions" system that would automatically go through to Weatherscan. Is there a reason for an inconsistency on "Showers Nearby" sometimes using the "Scattered Showers" icon and sometimes using the "Rain/Showers/Rain" (on Weatherscan) or the "AM Showers/Few Showers" (on the TWC IntelliStar 2s) icon?

Offline gheehaii3

• View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: August 25, 2022, 05:34:51 AM »
Derek, i'm pretty sure its a playlist error. Track 9 is an odd title for a song. :huh:

install vidmate get-mobdroapk.com
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 07:14:35 AM by gheehaii3 »