April 27, 2024, 02:30:57 PM

Author Topic: RIP ~ Real Music  (Read 10827 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: RIP ~ Real Music
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 09:49:37 AM »
So, I've got a bit of an update.  Had a half hour conversation with the Gatekeeper at Network Weather Channel.  His name is Randy Davies and he's been working with them in the PR/Marketing end of things, but for now he's the only point of contact.  The founders actually own a few Newspapers ~ this is their only venture into electronic media.  He's been with them for over 15 years.

Your voices have definitely been heard.  He said point blank that based on what they've heard from fans of The Weather Channel; they plan to use a Smooth Jazz format.  He mentioned artists like Pat Metheny, Alan Holdsworth, Earl Klugh.

He's going to send me some clips of music in a particular direction, for me to work with in composing some experimental samples for them to consider.  They need a Music Coordinator/Sound Architect ~ and I'm campaigning hard that the musician for the job is me.

We'll see where this path leads.  Still need to get past the gatekeeper to the throne room ;o)
~JR

Yippee!!!  :dance: That would be awesome for TWC to return to smooth jazz! I wish you good success in your efforts, Jeanne. Hope you get that job!
she's talking about Network Weather, not TWC. ;) I will also get ahold of Mr.Davies and see what we can do. This is excellent news though, you will be the best fit for this position Ms. Ricks. :)

Offline imin

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
    • Rickso Facto Music
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »
Thought I'd post a little update on the new 'Network Weather Channel'.  They still haven't provided me with the style examples that they promised so that I can get started on just creating some sample ideas for music direction for them.  I was set to throw in the towel, but made one last phone call today.   :club:

The woman who answered identified herself as being with 'Smith Publishing' which is the parent company. I jokingly told her that from the lack of response I was getting, I was beginning to think they didn't exist. But she recognized my name and said, 'Oh you're the music lady! They want to talk with you but, they're just not ready yet.'

Believe it or not, I took that as a very good sign.  I'm going to hang in there.  I know it would be a blast to be the Musical Director for them and keep their musical identity intact.

Can't thank you all enough for your support.   :clap:

Any chance you get on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/networkweatherchannel
to mention something positive about  the rumor that Jeanne Ricks is under consideration to be hired as Musical Director - or even just how much you're looking forward to Smooth Jazz incorporated into their programming ~ I'd much appreciated it!

Hey also, I just dropped a new single in anticipation of the new CD that I'll drop in June.
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jeannericks3

I'll let you know if anything new shakes out :yes:

All the best,
~JR

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 11:50:09 PM »
I did comment on their page but I heard nothing from them. Hopefully they acknowledged it. :)

Offline imin

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
    • Rickso Facto Music
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 06:27:22 PM »
Thanks hai!

Ha d it not been for you guys ~ I would never have even known that this alternative option to The Weather Channel existed ~ so when I get this it'll definitely be because of your support - can't thank you enough :D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:38:50 PM by imin »