May 13, 2024, 07:26:53 PM

Author Topic: IntelliStar 2 Beta Launch  (Read 223518 times)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: IntelliStar 2 Beta Launch
« Reply #615 on: October 28, 2011, 12:01:23 AM »
Anyone else have changes made to their IS2? Here in Topeka we had another city added to our "mini" radar in the bottom left corner and also "The Week Ahead" screen has moved down some. I don't see any other changes right now. Wish the Precip screen would be added to either the LOT8's or the LDL.
It seems most if not all I2HDs have had their corner radars updated. Doesn't really bother me since the domestic IS/weatherscan have been like this.

Offline Robert

• Everyday I'm Shufflin'
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 974
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #616 on: October 29, 2011, 11:43:21 AM »
Woah.. I just tuned into TWC today for the first time in a couple weeks and now I don't have the IS 2 anymore  :blink: Down for an update I guess? Don't know if this has been discussed yet.. Haven't had time to look on the forums much so I'm completely unaware right now whats going on  lol

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #617 on: October 29, 2011, 12:53:08 PM »
Woah.. I just tuned into TWC today for the first time in a couple weeks and now I don't have the IS 2 anymore  :blink: Down for an update I guess? Don't know if this has been discussed yet.. Haven't had time to look on the forums much so I'm completely unaware right now whats going on  lol

Uh yeah, this has been discussed. ;) Just look at the few pages preceding this one. We are not 100% sure why some of the IS2s are going out, but it could be for an update.

Offline KevOwensby

• View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 2002
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31755
  • SD Channel #: 2
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22909
  • WxScan Ch. #: 270
  • WxScan ID #: 31067
« Reply #618 on: October 31, 2011, 10:15:04 PM »
I'm kind of surprised the IS2 didn't have Halloween as a holiday like it has for everything else so far... :thinking:

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #619 on: October 31, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »
I'm kind of surprised the IS2 didn't have Halloween as a holiday like it has for everything else so far... :thinking:
I think that's for more important holidays. Halloween isn't really a true holiday.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 01, 2011, 01:16:25 PM »
Only national holidays are, I believe.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #621 on: November 01, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »
Only national holidays are, I believe.

Yeah, agreeing with Mike, I think the IS2 will only show holidays as the NWS shows them (i.e. they would be national holidays). Look next Friday for Veterans Day, and that will give us a clue. ;)

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #622 on: November 06, 2011, 10:33:17 PM »
IS2 is out again for me. This is the 8th time in the past 2 months that my IS2 has failed. Come on now... :(
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 06, 2011, 10:49:06 PM »
Guys, you can't expect the IS2 to be perfect. It, just like the Intellistar or any other STAR, is prone to outages and glitches so we will just have to deal with it.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #624 on: November 07, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »
Guys, you can't expect the IS2 to be perfect. It, just like the Intellistar or any other STAR, is prone to outages and glitches so we will just have to deal with it.
This is a different. Members are welcome to mention when their unit is out or not operating properly.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #625 on: November 07, 2011, 09:55:25 AM »
I'm not sure how much different (internally) the IS2 is from the IS, but it doesn't seem like it should be this problematic. To me, it seems like it's very unstable or some of the units are defective.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #626 on: November 07, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
I'm not sure how much different (internally) the IS2 is from the IS, but it doesn't seem like it should be this problematic. To me, it seems like it's very unstable or some of the units are defective.
Think of it like Microsoft deciding that instead of building Windows 7 on top of Vista that they would start from scratch and use no code from Vista. The hardware and software are completely new here. Not to mention this is the first product of its kind to do this in HD. With the XL and IS at least there were some similarities. I would imagine the XL and first IS versions were just as problematic

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 07, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
I can recall several bugs and glitches on my IntelliStar and especially Weatherscan IS when they first debuted, so this is nothing new.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #628 on: November 07, 2011, 12:00:24 PM »
Think of it like Microsoft deciding that instead of building Windows 7 on top of Vista that they would start from scratch and use no code from Vista. The hardware and software are completely new here. Not to mention this is the first product of its kind to do this in HD. With the XL and IS at least there were some similarities. I would imagine the XL and first IS versions were just as problematic

Ah well when you put it that way it makes sense. I didn't think about the fact that the IS might have had similar problems. I didn't notice any myself since I didn't watch TWC much then and plus I confused it with the XL anyway. 

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #629 on: November 07, 2011, 01:02:50 PM »
And if I recall, Frank Batten mentioned the numerous headaches and "growing pains" with the XL. Just give them some time to work it out, guys.