April 28, 2024, 09:32:00 AM

Author Topic: Hurricane Lisa  (Read 3537 times)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Hurricane Lisa [CAT 1]
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 02:19:19 AM »
Poor Lisa. The storm nobody cares about :P

phw115wvwx

Re: Hurricane Lisa
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 03:55:49 AM »
Well, the hurricane nobody cares about has made it to 80 mph winds.  However, it's almost out of time for any strengthening as wind shear is going to increase over it soon as it heads towards cooler waters.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
Re: Tropical Storm Lisa
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »
Well, the hurricane nobody cares about has made it to 80 mph winds.  However, it's almost out of time for any strengthening as wind shear is going to increase over it soon as it heads towards cooler waters.
Back to a TS now and beginning its decline

phw115wvwx

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 11:13:10 PM »
Lisa is down to 45 mph winds.  Unless it has one more surprise left, it's just about over for this storm.  By the way, Mike, I want to keep the subject title as a hurricane for Lisa to remind me what's the strongest point each storm reached along the way for summary purposes.  It also helps us match up with the NHC advisory archives.  Thanks! ;)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 06:32:39 AM »
Lisa is down to 45 mph winds.  Unless it has one more surprise left, it's just about over for this storm.  By the way, Mike, I want to keep the subject title as a hurricane for Lisa to remind me what's the strongest point each storm reached along the way for summary purposes.  It also helps us match up with the NHC advisory archives.  Thanks! ;)
Okay sorry. I also decided to have the current category strength in the topic title to for when the storm is currently active (but would have removed it when the storm was over). I noticed you had removed that, but it was just an idea. :)