April 24, 2024, 09:09:23 PM

Author Topic: Hurricane Central 2012  (Read 27038 times)

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Hurricane Central 2012
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 02:32:14 PM »
OOO!!! :dance: Wow, can't wait to see what happens! Most tracks take it to the northeast!  :twothumbs:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »
Still not going to make a topic, but Hurricane Bud in the Pacific is about to become quite a headache for our pals down in Mexico. Here's the track.

Hurricane watches and tropical storm warnings are in effect.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 01:00:58 PM »
Double post, sorry. But, did the Atlantic Basin EVER get the memo that the hurricane season didn't start until June 1st? :P We now have a 40% chance of development there. It looks like something could form on Saturday.

Tiddlywinks.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »
Since development is starting earlier and earlier by the years, maybe the hurricane ppl should move the Atlantic season start from June 1st to may 1st or somewhere in between

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »
Since development is starting earlier and earlier by the years, maybe the hurricane ppl should move the Atlantic season start from June 1st to may 1st or somewhere in between
I don't think that's likely to happen. The only reason why this season started early was because of favorable upper level environments, (except the fact that there's been a lot shear). SST's are just slightly above average in the Caribbean. In Dr. Jeff Masters' Wunderblog, he said that it's more likely that this early season start is because of favorable environments. IMO, there's not enough support to push the season start day back a whole month.  ;)
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 04:18:39 PM »

I actually had the same thought a couple of times, but it might be better to leave it as is.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »
Here's my meteorological answer regarding what to do with the hurricane season dates:  Get rid of them altogether, because there is no such thing as a hurricane season!  The atmosphere will allow the development of a tropical cyclone whenever conditions are right irregardless of the time of year.  In the history of records kept for the Atlantic basin, a tropical cyclone has existed in every month of the year.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 06:23:30 PM »
Here's my meteorological answer regarding what to do with the hurricane season dates:  Get rid of them altogether, because there is no such thing as a hurricane season!  The atmosphere will allow the development of a tropical cyclone whenever conditions are right irregardless of the time of year.  In the history of records kept for the Atlantic basin, a tropical cyclone has existed in every month of the year.

I like your thinking!  Except for the word "irregardless."  :)

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »
Exactly, and same goes to what some people call "severe weather season."

phw115wvwx

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 11:30:57 PM »
A new invest in the Atlantic has a 60% chance of development.  We'll find out tomorrow if anything happens as NHC will release another special outlook on it.

Meanwhile, parts of Mexico are facing a nightmare situation as the second storm of the Eastern Pacific basin, Bud, has intensified to a Category 3 hurricane with winds of 115 mph.  While it may weaken just before landfall, the NHC track forecast has Bud coming ashore, stalling out over land, and slowly turning around the opposite direction toward the ocean before dissipating just offshore.  There's going to be numerous mudslides, torrential rainfall, and destructive winds throughout this entire weekend for locations near Manzanillo and Cabo Corrientes.  Hurricane warnings are in effect for that area now, and I fear a lot of death and destruction could occur. :(

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 11:51:58 PM »
Eerie thing is the GFS "hinted" about Alberto and possibly Beryl, a good 10-12 days out. (Not trackwise but still) :blink: :unsure: :ermm:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »
That invest in the Atlantic now has a near 100% chance of development, and we could very likely have Tropical Depression 3 or Tropical Storm Beryl.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »
That invest in the Atlantic now has a near 100% chance of development, and we could very likely have Tropical Depression 3 or Tropical Storm Beryl.
I thought this would be TD1, because our first storm went right to Alberto, right? :unsure:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »
I thought this would be TD1, because our first storm went right to Alberto, right? :unsure:

Why I said 3, I have no idea. :P Sorry, TD 1.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile