March 29, 2024, 06:58:52 AM

Author Topic: Click Get My Key --> "User Access Verification" appears?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline byron

• View Profile
Click Get My Key --> "User Access Verification" appears?
« on: February 07, 2009, 05:48:05 PM »
Hey guys.  I'm hoping to test out this latest version...  I've let my trial key expire but I'd like to get a new one.  I've read :) as much up as I can I believe on how you're supposed to do this...

However, after performing the Manual Upgrade... When I access WeatherScan and access "Get My Key" ... I get a "terminal-like"  (AIX or UNIX guys should know) titled "CINE" with a "User Access Verification" screen..

It reminds me of trying to log into a switch.. (??)

Is the Key generation site down or is this normal and I'm just not doing something correctly??

(btw.. according to IE I'm passing ""*REMOVED DO NOT PASTE LINKS LIKE THIS AGAIN*" in the window as this happens.)

Thanks,
Byron
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:22:10 AM by cc17926 »

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Click Get My Key --> "User Access Verification" appears?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 05:50:12 PM »
OT: How did you get a CINE Account if you're new here? :blink:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline byron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 05:52:17 PM »
I wasn't aware I .. had.. a CINE account?  I didn't scan around like crazy for "CINE" in the Search but I did try "User Access Verification" and came up with 0 hits...

Guess I'll search for CINE now.. to see if I can get myself up to speed on whatever that is.. :)

Thanks
Byron

edit:  No search hits for "CINE" either.. Still clueless on CINE.   My hardware ID must be too cool for school apparently.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 05:54:46 PM by byron »

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 05:54:35 PM »
CINE is located at http://copper.yi.org:21863 ;)

And I believe you need to PM Martin or Brian with a username and password to set up the emulator. :biggrin:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline byron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 05:55:34 PM »
Ahh.. now it makes some sense.. .Thanks!  I thought they didn't want PM requests for it anymore... but I'll figure it out eventually...

Byron

Offline byron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 06:02:34 PM »
Figured it out.  Dumb me.   End of thread. :]

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »
Glad you got it :)

CINE is what you use to configure your emulator. It stores all of your settings online.

PM me or Brian for an account

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 05:12:19 AM »
CINE doesnt exactly mean anything, although the best way to put an acronym-to-words is: Configuration Interface for Network Emulation. CINE is a custom interface, the vanilla appearance it provides is all that is honestly required (in a world of oversized graphics and elaborate animations). It was designed for you to manage the emulator, while still allowing me to still have a means to control the emulator in the event there was a reason to. this also allows me to keep all users of the emulator on the same version that the configuration site is providing a config file for. besides, im sure many people have had to reformat their computers in the past and dont like reconfiguring the emulator from scratch, so that helps out too. so far, i have not had a complaint on the web-based configuration interface.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:17:06 AM by cc17926 »