March 28, 2024, 01:36:21 PM

Author Topic: Emulator Update Release - January 2009  (Read 3847 times)

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
Emulator Update Release - January 2009
« on: February 04, 2009, 04:47:25 AM »
I have listened to your requests, and I have responded! (kind of)
Alot of people have been asking me to create a cleaner method to close the emulator, heres one:
Press the escape key!

Another thing, the default start up position has been moved from center screen to upper left. However, you CAN move the emulator around now! Use your arrow keys!

If you like the position you moved the emulator to, Press: s
This will save the current emulator position!

If for some reason the emulator is taking up too much screen real estate and you would like to minimize it, Press: n

There is now a Start bar icon to bring the emulator back to the front incase its minimized or burried behind piles of other windows!

Note: These buttons become available AFTER the emulator has downloaded its initial updates and moved onto main title screen.

If you would like this update, follow these instructions:

This is not a mandatory update (like no changes were made to the configuration server to require all users to take this change). To take advantage of this update:
-Login to CINE and goto "Downloads and Keys" from the left.
-Download January Update Pack 1, this is a .zip file
-Manually extract the contents to C:\wsxl

I am packing a new copy of "SetAffil.exe" because this change is an update to the locally stored data, which is simply your Affil ID and the saved screen coordinates.

Run SetAffil.exe, type your Affil ID, Save & Exit.. Now run the emulator and try the new keys after the emulator is finally in its running state.

Enjoy and throw some comments, please!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:52:23 AM by cc17926 »

Offline Dark Pulse

• View Profile
    • Project2612
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
Re: Emulator Update Release - January 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
Not a bad little batch of updates. Some things I'd request:
  • A way to keep the emulator "on top" - i.e; pinned. Right now I'm not sure if it will stay on top if a new window opens up or whatever, so if it does, disregard this. :)
  • Non-baked in Comcast logos, possibly?
  • That little Drive C problem I helped you discover. :P
I know there's still plenty of work to do, but this is still a very good release. :)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 04:17:25 PM »
Not a bad little batch of updates. Some things I'd request:
  • A way to keep the emulator "on top" - i.e; pinned. Right now I'm not sure if it will stay on top if a new window opens up or whatever, so if it does, disregard this. :)
  • Non-baked in Comcast logos, possibly?
  • That little Drive C problem I helped you discover. :P
I know there's still plenty of work to do, but this is still a very good release. :)

1. I don't think there is any demand for a pinned option. The fact the emulator show up on the task bar is enough for most. I would think atleast.
2. The logo can be changed already with your own.

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 10:21:57 PM »
No, some screens do, in fact, have the Comcast logo on them by default. I checked to make sure this wasn't just me, but some slides (whn I didn't specify a logo) had no logo and some had a baked comcast logo on it.

Offline Dark Pulse

• View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 02:17:32 AM »
No, some screens do, in fact, have the Comcast logo on them by default. I checked to make sure this wasn't just me, but some slides (whn I didn't specify a logo) had no logo and some had a baked comcast logo on it.
Correct. While most of the screens allow for your own logo, nearly anything in the themes folder has a comcast logo baked in. This is what I am referring to.

Also, I'm not sure you understand what I mean by pinning. Pinning a window makes it always the topmost window on your desktop - it will override other windows. If other windows are opened, a pinned window stays the topmost window, period, until unpinned or closed.

What is the emulator's behavior if another window is opened? (Say, by an IM client due to someone messaging you.) If it stays the topmost window, then this isn't necessary, but if not, then I run the risk of having a potential stream of the emulator show not my emulator but part of a chat window for several hours instead. :P

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 11:38:15 AM »
the 'neighborhood' theme, which was what my XL used is the only theme with a comcast logo.. i can't change that because i do not have the original background image, however, i did make a set of templates that allow you to create your own theme, all you need is a background image. with that, your logo will be the one that will show through instead of the comcast logo.

another thing, this is off topic. this conversation has nothing to do with my update to the emulator i made.

Offline Dark Pulse

• View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 01:38:28 PM »
Ah, okay. Didn't realize that you could create your own themes. :P

I'd still like to know the emulator's behavior if windows are popped open after it, though. :)