April 24, 2024, 02:31:39 AM

Author Topic: Summer Heat (Lack of)  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Summer Heat (Lack of)
« on: July 31, 2013, 02:12:18 PM »
I have not liked the pattern we've been in this summer. It's too cool and unsummer-like. Where I live, we've only had a few days of 90-degree heat all summer. :angry: What are your thoughts about this unusual summer weather pattern?
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Summer Heat (Lack of)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:17:11 PM »
Although it hasn't been too hot here, we've had plenty of hot days. One thing I haven't liked is the precipitation pattern. In early spring, we had lots of downpours. Now it's mostly dry. And it doesn't seem like we've had many thunderstorms. We've had a fair amount of rain (at least early on), but not the kind of storms you'd expect this time of the year in the midwest.
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 03:26:55 PM »
Perfect as far as heat is concerned. Even today we have not hit 75 yet! :o I'm glad we haven't seen more than a week worth of 90s this year. I've expressed numerous times here how much I hate the heat and I hate being down here in it so I won't go into a rant over that.

As far as the rain is concerned, yeah it's been rough at times, but as Patrick mentioned before, there's no balance with Mother Nature, you get one extreme (Flooding) or the other extreme (Drought). I personally rather deal with this flooding pattern over a drought situation any day. :yes: Plus, we've had a LOT of powerful thunderstorms, I'm getting to the point where instead of calling them thunderstorms, I'm calling them thunderbombs. Today was the first time in several days we had a good tropical downpour, since this weekend it's been mostly dry so we have gotten a break from the rain at times and it looks like we'll have more come August although the pattern is expected to remain the same.

The best news is we haven't had not one Smog Alert Day, not only this Summer, but 2013 in general. How often do you get to see that happen?

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 07:15:24 PM »
This summer has been so unusual that it is in fact quite normal (at least on the temperature front) compared to the real scorchers we've had in recent years.  There have been a few 100° days, but none of the month-long streaks seen in years like 1998 and 2011.  June and even July have had below normal and record lows.  Nonetheless, summer is making itself known now with 100° highs, humidity, and heat advisories.  Overall, I'm not complaining, because there's only a month or so for any real heat to set in.  I prefer it cold, by the way.  :happy:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:16:59 PM by Metarvo »

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »
July in Daytona Beach has been in the 80s, as usual, with high humidity, but the most alarming statistic is that there have only been two rain-free days the entire month, and today was one of them (assuming it doesn't rain in the next four hours, and it might).

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 11:11:22 PM »
Speaking of those thunderbombs... :whistling:

We got a good one comin' in right now with very vivd lightning and very loud rumbles of thunder.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 11:40:05 PM »
There's a lot of lightning off in the distance, but no rain here.  I'm enjoying watching the lightning, and my windows are wide open to let in the fresh breeze.  It's a good night.  :)

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »
Summer has been alright here. July was the humidest month on record with a avg. dew point around 70. July averaged 78 degrees with a avg. high of 85 and avg. low around 71. We had a whole week of 90+ temps with 70+ dews. 8 total 90 degree days in July which is pretty average. Really lacking the thunderstorms here though. Not one this entire year so far.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?