April 16, 2024, 04:14:02 PM

Author Topic: Southern California Wildfires  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Southern California Wildfires
« on: September 01, 2009, 10:14:20 PM »
I've decided to create this thread to give an update for the SoCal Fires.

With abnormally hot temperatures and dry brush at the mountains of Southern California, fires have been breaking out day after day. Thousands of acres have been burned, hundreds of homes destroyed, and two firefighters have died on duty.

One of the largest fires ocurring now is the Station Fire. The fire is now days old and it is the largest fire any firefighter had to fight in history. The fire is now headed towards the Mount Wilson area, where almost all LA TV station and LA radio antennas are located and towered. The Station Fire has now burned over 120,000 acres and is expected to grow in the coming days.

Other fires that are occurring are the Oak Glen and Pendleton Fires,both are located on San Bernardino County. The Oak Glen Fire has now burned over 1000 acres and now 40% contained. The Pendleton Fire is now 25% contained and has burned over 800 acres.

This "heating trend" will last until Friday. So about two more days, they will have to deal with more 90 and 100 degree temps. By Friday, a slight cool-down may occur and humidity will rise. This will help the firefighters battle the fires.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.