March 19, 2024, 05:43:37 AM

Author Topic: Request to Run Emulator at Amateur Radio Field Day  (Read 1904 times)

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 1102
  • HD WxStar ID #: 32475
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 20902
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Request to Run Emulator at Amateur Radio Field Day
« on: December 16, 2010, 04:38:06 AM »
Brian & Martin,
    I have the WeatherScan XL emulator installed on my laptop. It works great. Is it okay if I run it at our county's next amateur radio field day event? It is the weekend of June 25th & 26th next year in 2011. I would only be running it just on that Saturday the 25th from 2PM ET-sometime in the evening. If my mother doesn't come to the event, I won't be participating in the field day event. The county's amateur radio clubs will be inviting the media from TV and newspaper. They'll get radio to come if possible. If anyone comes by, I was going to recruit them into using the emulator. If it is alright with both of you, I'll need to tell people the history of the WeatherScan XL WeatherSTAR, which I know that very well. I'll have to make sure that both of you get the credit. Then I have to run this by my dad, the current EC (Emergency Coordinator) along with the President of one of the amateur radio clubs to see if they approve. If it's not alright with both of you, I understand. The location is currently undetermined. It will be somewhere in the county I live in which is Cherokee County, GA north of Atlanta. It may be at an area combined fire station, sheriff precinct, & community center in the Southwest end of the county. I'm believing we will be able to set up indoors either at the combined fire station, sheriff precinct, & community center, or somewhere else indoors in the county. But if the amateur radio clubs vote to set up outside, then I won't participate in the field day event. While I'm running the emulator, everyone else will be talking on radios. Yes, I am an amateur radio operator myself. Either one of you please let me know whether or not it's okay for me to run the emulator at the field day event. Thank you.
Wesley Millsap

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
Re: Request to Run Emulator at Amateur Radio Field Day
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 05:26:25 AM »
I think that would be great :) I am sure Brian wont have any problems with it either.

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 1102
  • HD WxStar ID #: 32475
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 20902
Re: Request to Run Emulator at Amateur Radio Field Day
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 09:22:23 PM »
Hi everyone. I just got back from the Field Day event. In case anyone wanted to know how it went, it went great. I wasn't able to recruit anyone. However, some people including my dad did like the "Traffic Report" segment of the emulator. That is all.
Wesley Millsap