April 19, 2024, 06:37:28 PM

Author Topic: YouTube subscriptions  (Read 3389 times)

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
YouTube subscriptions
« on: March 14, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »
For those of you that use YouTube, they have once again screwed up the subscriptions area! Now it shows all recent videos (whether you've watched them or not), and there's no way to remove them from the list. I also noticed this morning that all, but one of my subscriptions were gone (so I had to remember which channels they were and re-subscribe)! I don't really mind all the changes they make, but I really don't understand why it's so difficult for them to make this area work properly. :censored:
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: YouTube subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »
For those of you that use YouTube, they have once again screwed up the subscriptions area! Now it shows all recent videos (whether you've watched them or not), and there's no way to remove them from the list. I also noticed this morning that all, but one of my subscriptions were gone (so I had to remember which channels they were and re-subscribe)! I don't really mind all the changes they make, but I really don't understand why it's so difficult for them to make this area work properly. :censored:

This problem is very annoying to me. <_<

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »

This problem is very annoying to me. <_<

2 1/2 months later and the problem is 1000x worse than before. I probably have about 100 videos from people I'm subbed to that's just been backbuilding up all week because I can't remove any of the videos I've watched already.

I didn't even know it was this bad until yesterday, there's no option to remove videos from your sub feed anymore. The All Activity tab is broken as well. It's so bad I'm just not going to bother watching anything in the subs feed until this is fixed because I can't keep track of what I have or haven't watched. Thank you Google for the further f :censored: k up of YouTube. I really appreciate it. SMH
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:44:46 PM by toxictwister00 »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 12:28:29 PM »
The tiny dots on the right-hand side of each video (when you hover over it) used to show up in Chrome. So I'd view subscription videos in that browser. But as of a week or two ago, they've disappeared. So I have a backlog (albeit a small one) as well.
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 02:28:56 PM »
Now YouTube changed how to get to your video manager. Used to be as simple as clicking your username and selecting video manager on the pull down menu, now you have to go to you channel and click a random video of yours to get to it. And why is it sometimes I can't reply to comments on videos and that it keeps asking me to sign in even after doing it 50 times and selecting "keep me logged in." <_<

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »
Now YouTube changed how to get to your video manager. Used to be as simple as clicking your username and selecting video manager on the pull down menu, now you have to go to you channel and click a random video of yours to get to it. And why is it sometimes I can't reply to comments on videos and that it keeps asking me to sign in even after doing it 50 times and selecting "keep me logged in." <_<
IKR?

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 09:58:01 PM »
Now YouTube changed how to get to your video manager. Used to be as simple as clicking your username and selecting video manager on the pull down menu, now you have to go to you channel and click a random video of yours to get to it.
Ugh, that drives me nuts! :censored: Pretty soon they'll get rid of the navigation altogether.
TWC Classics Webmaster