April 19, 2024, 08:45:15 AM

Author Topic: Trying to identify a song from the mid 90s  (Read 3469 times)

Offline RobJVM

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Bright House
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Trying to identify a song from the mid 90s
« on: February 15, 2014, 12:05:31 AM »
I'm trying to identify a song from the mid 90s that was played during "And now it's time for your local forecast, accurate and dependable from the Weather Channel."

I've got a 4 second sample and that's it.   :dunno:

phw115wvwx

Re: Trying to identify a song from the mid 90s
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:40:12 AM »
Welcome to the forums!  I moved your topic here as it's more relevant to the Classic era of local forecast music on TWC.  That song is by Trammell Starks when his music invaded all of the TWC local forecasts during 1996-1997, and the title is "Bobby's Theme" as you can find it on track #2 of his first CD for his local forecast music:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Music+For+Local+Forecast+Disc+1/6491059

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 12:41:02 AM »
It's the second track from Trammell Starks' first Local Forecast CD. This track, like Starks' other 39 Local Forecast music tracks doesn't have an official title.
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

phw115wvwx

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 12:46:16 AM »
Thanks for correcting me, Billy.  The title I gave is completely unofficial.  I still don't know why Trammell Starks left all those tracks unnamed to this day.  It leaves all of us guessing.

Offline RobJVM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 12:54:31 AM »
Wow… THANKS!!! I've been looking for this for years and you guys solve it in 45 minutes!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline RobJVM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
I've been revisiting this music for a few days now. I'm a musician myself and it really inspired me back in those days. I wrote about half an album back then hoping one to day "make it big" and have it played on TWC.  B)

I realize they use off the shelf, published music these days but why wasn't/isn't any of the Trammell Starks material made available for purchase? Was this in-house or work-for-hire back then? I found his website but he really has nothing out there musically considering how long it's been.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »
I've been revisiting this music for a few days now. I'm a musician myself and it really inspired me back in those days. I wrote about half an album back then hoping one to day "make it big" and have it played on TWC.  B)

I realize they use off the shelf, published music these days but why wasn't/isn't any of the Trammell Starks material made available for purchase? Was this in-house or work-for-hire back then? I found his website but he really has nothing out there musically considering how long it's been.

Originally, Trammell Starks made the music for only TWC.  After his music grew so much in popularity from fans, he created a set of three CDs that you have to order directly from him.  Matt from the TWC Classics website and one of our own moderators here has all the information you need to order those CDs:

http://www.twcclassics.com/information/trammell-starks.html