March 19, 2024, 12:57:34 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1291674 times)

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #14370 on: March 12, 2015, 07:02:40 PM »
Nice to see ya, Andy! Right now, life is pretty good. I'm moving to Texas soon and I can't wait.

Where in Texas are you moving?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14371 on: March 31, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »
I just noticed the webpage for our NWS office has been redesigned. I think this is that redesign noaa.gov was talking about last year. Is the redesign in place for all offices?

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Atlanta&state=GA&site=FFC&textField1=33.7629&textField2=-84.4226&e=1#.VRrcV_nF98E

EDIT: They should bold the title heading for titles like Current Conditions, City Name, Detailed Forecast, etc. I think it would look better.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:44:13 PM by toxictwister00 »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14372 on: March 31, 2015, 03:00:45 PM »
I just noticed the webpage for our NWS office has been redesigned. I think this is that redesign noaa.gov was talking about last year. Is the redesign in place for all offices?

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Atlanta&state=GA&site=FFC&textField1=33.7629&textField2=-84.4226&e=1#.VRrcV_nF98E

EDIT: They should bold the title heading for titles like Current Conditions, City Name, Detailed Forecast, etc. I think it would look better.

Yes, this redesign is in place for all cities across the nation.  Their main goal with this redesign seemed to be to make the point forecast pages mobile-friendly.  Look at a forecast on a mobile device; I think it looks a lot better.  In fact, a couple of months ago they even launched a widget or something for mobile devices.  It's about time the NWS moved into the 21st century.

Of course, their site still mixes multiple designs, which bothers me.  The point forecast pages may look fresh, but go to any local WFO page (except for a few in the Northeast), and you'll see still the old, old design.

BTW, I remember the NWS wanting feedback on redesigning their weather icons maybe a year or so ago.  I'm guessing this was either rejected or simply fell through?  It's too bad, because I'll never forget the time I saw a freezing rain icon that was paired with a high temperature in the 60s.  Obviously, the text forecast explained that, saying that the chance for freezing rain was in the morning, but it was still a weird combination, especially for people who only glance at the forecast.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14373 on: April 01, 2015, 09:27:31 PM »
Nice to see ya, Andy! Right now, life is pretty good. I'm moving to Texas soon and I can't wait.

Where in Texas are you moving?

I moved to Houston! It's such an amazing and diverse city and I love it so much. <3

Also...shouldn't we be in the Porch? It's getting humid in here. xD
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14374 on: April 02, 2015, 04:29:05 PM »
I moved to Houston! It's such an amazing and diverse city and I love it so much. <3

Nice!  Hope you're enjoying it. B)

Also...shouldn't we be in the Porch? It's getting humid in here. xD

You're so right!  With warmer weather across most of the nation, no sense in staying cooped up in here.  The Front Porch is now open!  We'll see you all back here on September 23, 2015 for the start of fall.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14375 on: September 25, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »
Sorry I'm a couple days late, but that means the Pot Belly Stove has had enough time to warm up for your arrival!  Welcome to fall, everyone! :)

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #14376 on: September 28, 2015, 12:05:51 AM »
Fall is here. The days of warm weather here in the Mid-Atlantic Piedmont are gone. We've seen high temperatures in the low 70s with mostly cloudy weather the last few days. I know it's getting cold when I drive around with my windows down and I feel the chill in the air in the middle of the afternoon.
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #14377 on: September 28, 2015, 05:34:43 PM »
Fall is here. The days of warm weather here in the Mid-Atlantic Piedmont are gone. We've seen high temperatures in the low 70s with mostly cloudy weather the last few days. I know it's getting cold when I drive around with my windows down and I feel the chill in the air in the middle of the afternoon.
Lucky. Here around Los Angeles it's been pretty hot... my dashboard read 102 degrees in the San Fernando Valley driving through Simi Valley (for those who are acquainted with SoCal). I miss having four seasons... one of my biggest regrets of moving away from Michigan.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14378 on: October 01, 2015, 10:14:56 PM »
SoCal does have four seasons: Mudslides, LA Laker Riots, Winter, and Summer.

I survived my first brutal Texas summer here in Houston. I'm so ready for fall. I want my sweater weather so badly.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14379 on: October 06, 2015, 01:29:32 PM »
To pick up back on the conversation about The Splat from the FP, it is going to be a programming block on Nickelodeon. It's supposed to start sometime this month. I kinda find this news to be a bit disappointing. Also, don't they technically already air 90's shows from Nickelodeon on Teennick? I think it would have been better to relaunch their sister channel, Nicktoons as The Splat, but that's just my opinion.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14380 on: October 09, 2015, 01:28:48 AM »
To pick up back on the conversation about The Splat from the FP, it is going to be a programming block on Nickelodeon. It's supposed to start sometime this month. I kinda find this news to be a bit disappointing. Also, don't they technically already air 90's shows from Nickelodeon on Teennick? I think it would have been better to relaunch their sister channel, Nicktoons as The Splat, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, 90s shows air on TeenNick (formerly The N, correct?) from like midnight to 6 am or something like that.  I feel like Nick has done a lot of re-branding over the years with their many channels.  I'm guessing since not that many people get TeenNick, they wanted to make the 90s shows available on a channel more people carry.

When exactly does The Splat air?  I can't seem to find it on the TV Guide, and don't know if it's a true dedicated segment like "Nick@Nite" or what?  Also, they really need to think about re-branding Nicktoons or replacing it, because I don't think they even show solely cartoons on that channel anymore.  Isn't there like NFL stuff or whatever on that now?  Guess they could always get rid of or replace the Nick Jr. channel. :P

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #14381 on: October 18, 2015, 11:42:34 AM »
Great to see that this site is back up and running after it was down all day yesterday. :yes: So I guess anyone who tried accessing yesterday are wondering, what exactly happened to the site that got HostGator to suspend it?  :unsure:
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #14382 on: October 18, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.  Also, is this forum loading very slowly for everyone or just for me?

Offline WeatherSTAR

• Certified Cabbl Dealer™
  • Weatherscan Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Triple C TWC YouTube
  • HD Channel #: 1101
  • SD Channel #: 8
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22941
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #14383 on: October 18, 2015, 08:56:03 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.  Also, is this forum loading very slowly for everyone or just for me?
Same here- I checked on other websites and there was no speed issue on those, only on here. Glad to see, on the other hand, that the site's back up!

Offline RJARRRPCGP

• View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 31
« Reply #14384 on: October 21, 2015, 01:39:42 AM »
Glad to see, on the other hand, that the site's back up!

Same here. I was thinking that it may be gone forever!