April 19, 2024, 06:47:00 PM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1297797 times)

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #14355 on: February 02, 2015, 12:44:08 PM »
I finally managed to purchase a new vehicle this weekend, a used 2013 Nissan Altima. Last week, I took my old car, a 2002 Ford Taurus, to a local repair shop because of shaking, when the mechanics there said the car could not be fixed and that I needed to get a new one. After spending several stressful hours at a dealership, I eventually found and purchased the Altima. I'm glad I finally had the guts to get a new vehicle  :yes:  even though I still need to pay about $220 a month for it for the next six years.
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14356 on: February 03, 2015, 11:07:45 AM »
I'm glad to hear Windows 10 will be free to download for Windows 7/8 users when it's released later this year. Supposedly, it will be free for at least the first year to download then you have to buy it. I'm still using Windows 7 currently. I've only had a brief experience with using Windows 8 and it's OK. Don't hate it or love it.

Although I don't think the whole tablet interface was as bad as people made it out to be.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14357 on: February 03, 2015, 03:15:50 PM »
I'm glad to hear Windows 10 will be free to download for Windows 7/8 users when it's released later this year. Supposedly, it will be free for at least the first year to download then you have to buy it. I'm still using Windows 7 currently. I've only had a brief experience with using Windows 8 and it's OK. Don't hate it or love it.

Although I don't think the whole tablet interface was as bad as people made it out to be.

That makes me happy, although I would prefer it be free permanently rather than just for the first year.  I don't understand why Windows can't be like Apple and just make all software upgrades free.

I have Windows 8 right now and don't like it.  Too buggy and in some cases, too confusing.  And I'll admit, I bought a touch-screen computer because I know Windows 8 was designed for the tablet/touchscreen interface and now realize that I rarely, if ever, use the touch-screen at all.  I know I recall plenty of people saying when Windows 8 first came out that it would be a nightmare using it without a touch-screen, but I have found that statement to be completely false.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14358 on: February 03, 2015, 05:14:57 PM »

That makes me happy, although I would prefer it be free permanently rather than just for the first year.  I don't understand why Windows can't be like Apple and just make all software upgrades free.

I have Windows 8 right now and don't like it.  Too buggy and in some cases, too confusing.  And I'll admit, I bought a touch-screen computer because I know Windows 8 was designed for the tablet/touchscreen interface and now realize that I rarely, if ever, use the touch-screen at all.  I know I recall plenty of people saying when Windows 8 first came out that it would be a nightmare using it without a touch-screen, but I have found that statement to be completely false.

From what I read, once you download it for free, it's yours permanently. You don't have to buy it. (CD or subscription) As long as you download it for free within that 1 year timeline. Apparently, most PC users today are still using Windows 7 and didn't bother upgrading to 8.  It's a major incentive to entice Windows 7 users to jump right ahead to 10.

I believe you can download a Windows 10 preview right now, but they recommend you download it on a test PC and not your personal PC because of risks of crashes/losing your data since it's only a test version.

EDIT: You can also automatically have your Windows 7/8 PC upgrade to 10 via Windows Update once it's released.

EDIT #2: The articles I read were from late January which I didn't pay attention to at the time, but the second one is from yesterday and it says all Windows 7/8 users except Windows 7/8 Enterprise will get the free upgrade offer.

https://bgr.com/2015/01/21/awesome-news-windows-10-will-be-completely-free-for-windows-8-and-windows-7-users/
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/windows-10-won-t-free-might-hoped-163531271.html

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:38:54 PM by toxictwister00 »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #14359 on: February 17, 2015, 08:48:34 PM »
Despite what I posted back in August 2012, I decided to return to this forums after regaining interest in smooth jazz music. I'll be honest, everything had changed for me in terms of Weather Channel. I did wrote a rant about how much the channel had changed but I deleted it. So if you noticed, I didn't listened to smooth jazz as much I used to between the last couple years. But eventually I return my habit of listening to smooth jazz (and I pretty much give up the whole LF music thing since 2012 anyway)/local forecast music before 2012. During my hiatus, I joined NoHomers.net, a forum dedicated to the Simpsons which is now my number 2 favorite show behind SpongeBob and I'm currently on season 10 (the second season with Mike Scully as showrunner). I also joined on several websites but my main sources are that website and DeviantArt (I now write my journals/note ironically despite not being an art person). With me returning to this forums, I dedice to not worry and complain about the channel and the local forecast because let's face it I lost interest 3 years ago and therefore I watch older videos before 2012 to feel nostalgic. I'll only watch TWC once in a while now.

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14360 on: February 27, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
Anyone ever watched the original 'Star Trek' TV series? Leonard Nimoy, who played Mr. Spock on the show, passed away today at the age of 83.  :(

http://www.kgw.com/story/entertainment/2015/02/27/leonard-nimoy-dead-at-83-the-new-york-times-reports/24119507/
TWCJim's STAR Database

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14361 on: March 09, 2015, 03:51:31 PM »
Apologies for double-posting, but this morning I received an email notification in my Gmail inbox saying that the 'forgot password function' was applied to my account on this forum, but I've never accessed the forums at all today until just now. Perhaps someone was trying to hack into my account?  :fear:
TWCJim's STAR Database

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14362 on: March 10, 2015, 10:33:55 PM »
Apologies for double-posting, but this morning I received an email notification in my Gmail inbox saying that the 'forgot password function' was applied to my account on this forum, but I've never accessed the forums at all today until just now. Perhaps someone was trying to hack into my account?  :fear:

OK, I got an e-mail with such a message this afternoon.  Very strange.  I am not aware of any such hacking activity, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to change your password just in case.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  Has anyone else gotten this e-mail?

Offline luesjo12

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 35644
« Reply #14363 on: March 11, 2015, 08:19:59 AM »

OK, I got an e-mail with such a message this afternoon.  Very strange.  I am not aware of any such hacking activity, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to change your password just in case.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  Has anyone else gotten this e-mail?
I Got the email in September of last year. I guess I didn't know I got it since all of the TWC Today/TWCClassics emails end up in my spam folder. Very strange indeed. :thinking:

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14364 on: March 11, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »

Just checked my Gmail again and since yesterday I've received more of the same messages, one in my inbox, and two in my spam folder. This is very strange indeed.  :huh:  So far my password remains the same, but I guess if this kinda thing continues then I might as well change it.
TWCJim's STAR Database

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14365 on: March 11, 2015, 12:43:54 PM »
I came back for that reason, actually. I think there's a weird bug in the system that some of you guys should proooobably look into.

oh that was rude of me to not say hello. so  :wave:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14366 on: March 11, 2015, 12:54:54 PM »
I traced the IP that was sent in an email to me back to the St. Louis metropolitan area, so might I suggest placing an IP ban then? It doesn't seem like a bot either trying to access the accounts, because it's a Charter IP address that I got. Unless there's a botnet that hacked into systems, I can't imagine a bot being responsible for these attacks. :no: Has anybody emailed Martin on the matter yet?

Also, Ana asked me about this, so I had to stop by as well.  :)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14367 on: March 11, 2015, 10:24:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up everyone! :)  I have contacted Martin on the matter, so hopefully he will be able to resolve the issue.  I received the same e-mail again earlier today, so I'm hoping this won't be too much of an inconvenience.  It probably wouldn't be such a bad idea to change your password just in case.  Perhaps that will at least stop you from getting the string of e-mails.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Oh, and BTW, thanks for stopping by Ana and Zach! :wave:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14368 on: March 12, 2015, 12:54:28 AM »
Nice to see ya, Andy! Right now, life is pretty good. I'm moving to Texas soon and I can't wait.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline luesjo12

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 35644
« Reply #14369 on: March 12, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »
Hopefully it gets resolved soon, I just got the email again yesterday. It has an IP of 97.86.2.242. It says it's from Charter Communications in St. Louis, MO.