May 17, 2024, 05:31:35 PM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1313166 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #13920 on: January 01, 2013, 02:47:35 AM »
I am kinda sad that Christmas is over. :(

I'm not.  The Christmas season to me means two months of non-stop work with customers screaming in my face about pretty much everything, physically pulling me to and fro, and operating under the impression that I will eventually crack and give into their every demand.  (It hasn't happened yet!)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13921 on: January 01, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »
My new car has almost finished production :wub:

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13922 on: January 01, 2013, 12:31:56 PM »
I am kinda sad that Christmas is over. :(

I'm not.  The Christmas season to me means two months of non-stop work with customers screaming in my face about pretty much everything, physically pulling me to and fro, and operating under the impression that I will eventually crack and give into their every demand.  (It hasn't happened yet!)

I'm sorry to hear that, Eric. :(  Christmas shopping is obviously a nightmare; I can't imagine what it would be like to work in those conditions.

I am just sad we're about enter that post-New Year's Day period.  The time after the holidays just seems very dull to me.  I can understand some debate here, but I enjoy the holiday season, so when there's a long stretch without a true holiday, and when it's cold and usually dreary outside, it's just not fun.  (And I would argue that Memorial Day is the next "true" holiday.  Maybe MLK day could be counted, but certainly not Valentine's Day, and I hesitate to include Easter as well.)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13923 on: January 01, 2013, 12:50:18 PM »
Christmas was boring last year. It felt exactly like a normal Tuesday to me which is pretty bad. You know it's bad when you wake up Christmas morning and you forget it's Christmas. First time I ever thought/felt the holidays was boring and dull.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13924 on: January 01, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »
I never quite got into the holiday spirit this season, although I probably should as right now I'm probably not going to be coming back home until next Christmas. It's going to be a very long year in North Dakota.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13925 on: January 01, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »
Christmas was boring last year. It felt exactly like a normal Tuesday to me which is pretty bad. You know it's bad when you wake up Christmas morning and you forget it's Christmas. First time I ever thought/felt the holidays was boring and dull.

This was my first Christmas in a couple of years when I didn't have to work.  I agree with you - it did feel exactly like a normal Tuesday.  To me, it was just a day off like any other.  Besides that, I had no one to celebrate the holiday with, so I just stayed home and enjoyed a day away from bizarro customers. :)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13926 on: January 01, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, Eric. :(  Christmas shopping is obviously a nightmare; I can't imagine what it would be like to work in those conditions.

Unfortunately, retail rewards bad behavior.  If you scream loudly enough, attract enough attention to yourself, and complain over and over again, you will eventually get whatever you want, no matter how unfair it is to the store or to everyone else.

I could (and probably should) write a book on the miserable behavior of customers.  I honestly don't understand how it's possible to live that way - always angry, always complaining, always finding something wrong.  I personally couldn't live that way.  My mother does, and she is a constant source of unremitting stress in my entire family.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13927 on: January 01, 2013, 03:39:40 PM »
I'd rather shop after Christmas if I had a choice.  Obviously, things will be picked over from earlier, but I find decent deals and get all I need without any of the hassles from other customers.  Does it really matter if you're the first in getting the latest and greatest item? :rolleyes:  There's one huge reason why this country has such a problem with personal finances.

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #13928 on: January 01, 2013, 09:36:02 PM »

I am just sad we're about enter that post-New Year's Day period.  The time after the holidays just seems very dull to me.  I can understand some debate here, but I enjoy the holiday season, so when there's a long stretch without a true holiday, and when it's cold and usually dreary outside, it's just not fun.
That's exactly how I feel. You couldn't have stated it better.
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13929 on: January 01, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »
I am just sad we're about enter that post-New Year's Day period.  The time after the holidays just seems very dull to me.  I can understand some debate here, but I enjoy the holiday season, so when there's a long stretch without a true holiday, and when it's cold and usually dreary outside, it's just not fun.  (And I would argue that Memorial Day is the next "true" holiday.  Maybe MLK day could be counted, but certainly not Valentine's Day, and I hesitate to include Easter as well.)
Now it turns to boring nights of clicking the refresh button waiting for the GFS and EURO to come in and finding out its not going to snow. But the 384hr will always look good! :(

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13930 on: January 01, 2013, 09:40:31 PM »
I'd rather shop after Christmas if I had a choice.  Obviously, things will be picked over from earlier, but I find decent deals and get all I need without any of the hassles from other customers.  Does it really matter if you're the first in getting the latest and greatest item? :rolleyes:  There's one huge reason why this country has such a problem with personal finances.
I agree, plus many online retailers offer even deeper discounts the days before Black Friday, I just don't get the big deal. Supply and demand often dictates how many people want to purchase a particular type of product at any given price.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13931 on: January 01, 2013, 09:54:23 PM »
I agree, plus many online retailers offer even deeper discounts the days before Black Friday, I just don't get the big deal. Supply and demand often dictates how many people want to purchase a particular type of product at any given price.

My store was actually busier on Thanksgiving than on Black Friday.  I was left all alone in the electronics department, surrounded by over a hundred screaming, yelling, pushing, shoving, impatient customers.  Eventually, the mob got so unruly (absolutely no one wanted to wait in line - everyone had to be first!) that I ended up having to call store security to restore some order.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13932 on: January 01, 2013, 10:54:56 PM »
Sadly its the twisted distorted American vision that people need to buy tons of crap! Somehow it helps people rationalize making foolish purchases that they can't afford. I do black friday shopping sometimes simply because I like browsing around the stores at the holiday season seeing whats in stock. Its sad how fast this country is declining. It wouldn't surprise me if stores stay open on Thanksgiving and even Christmas in the near future.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13933 on: January 02, 2013, 12:11:13 AM »
The irony is mega retailers like Walmart and Target who chose to open on Thanksgiving night to make more money saw their holiday sales from Thanksgiving to Christmas fall below expectations.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13934 on: January 03, 2013, 03:22:59 PM »
Which is more easier: Computer Science or Information Technology? I am not majoring in either fields but I thought it was food for thought anyways.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:25:10 PM by Localonthe8s »