June 05, 2024, 09:24:21 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1316692 times)

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #13185 on: December 22, 2011, 05:49:32 PM »
It's snowing on the Youtube player now :P

That's eerie.  :)

Wonder why they don't have the feature enabled on all videos. :blink:

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #13186 on: December 22, 2011, 06:35:03 PM »
Thank god I don't live in Florida  :lol: I can't complain though. It hit 60°F today, way off from the forecast high of 53°F.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: December 22, 2011, 06:58:42 PM »
It is kinda weird for it to be near the end of December and tolerate wearing shorts. We hit 80 here in South Carolina.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13188 on: December 22, 2011, 10:26:29 PM »
Now I'm going to be honest. I hate my neighborhood. There's a lot of undiscussed crimes that happen. There's constant drug deals in front of my house, literally, I live next to a crack house run by teenagers, I saw this guy jack off, yes I said it, on my neighbors property and he was butt naked too. Just the other day, this car was driving up and down my block and he specifically kept slowing down in front of my house as if he was looking at something.  Also, there's this car I hear almost every other night, that parks just outside, then drives away shortly after like wtf? My neighborhood is very strange and scary. Ironically, on this day last year, this lady that was high crashed into a parked car in front of my house lol. BTW, I'm not making any of this up. Sometimes, especially on Saturday nights, the crack house next to me throws a party I guess, so I see people parking there cars, you know, smoking weed in their cars. I know this post is a bit crazy, but I thought I should bring it up, since there was just a drug deal in front of my house 5 minutes ago!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13189 on: December 22, 2011, 11:03:37 PM »
My guess is the police are...

- totally disinterested, and/or
- overwhelmed and incapable of dealing with the problem, so they ignore it, and/or
- have been "persuaded" to look the other way.

I'd move if I were you.  Seriously, I'd move.  Sadly, I don't think there's any legal remedy you can take without opening yourself up to illegal retaliation.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13190 on: December 22, 2011, 11:22:55 PM »
Now I'm going to be honest. I hate my neighborhood. There's a lot of undiscussed crimes that happen. There's constant drug deals in front of my house, literally, I live next to a crack house run by teenagers, I saw this guy jack off, yes I said it, on my neighbors property and he was butt naked too. Just the other day, this car was driving up and down my block and he specifically kept slowing down in front of my house as if he was looking at something.  Also, there's this car I hear almost every other night, that parks just outside, then drives away shortly after like wtf? My neighborhood is very strange and scary. Ironically, on this day last year, this lady that was high crashed into a parked car in front of my house lol. BTW, I'm not making any of this up. Sometimes, especially on Saturday nights, the crack house next to me throws a party I guess, so I see people parking there cars, you know, smoking weed in their cars. I know this post is a bit crazy, but I thought I should bring it up, since there was just a drug deal in front of my house 5 minutes ago!

:blink: There used to be some drug activity that took place around my neighborhood, but even that is very tame in comparison to you. The worse we have now are these drunks right adjacent from us who love to party all night (usually on the weekends) work on and race old junked up cars up and down what is a one way street at all times of the night. They're a lot more annoying when a holiday comes around like New Years and 4th of July they love to shoot firecrackers and guns to celebrate, once again well late into the night, sometimes during the day also, that is if they aren't too hungover from the night before. :rolleyes:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13191 on: December 22, 2011, 11:53:19 PM »
I rarely see any activity around my neighborhood that resembles partying, drugs, or any of that stuff.  It's usually very quiet, so I'd highly recommend that you all consider your environment if you can move someday.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13192 on: December 23, 2011, 12:23:57 AM »
Wow guys, that sounds terrible. My neighborhood was like this when I was younger. I live miles away from what use to be a hot spot for crime and drug deals. Law enforcement cracked down on it many years ago, thank God. We do see the occasional drug deal, you know when those cars you've never seen drive slowly and stop in random places. I guess they finally realized that this is the good part of town and moved their activities elsewhere. Well on to Today, I finally after about 2months had my hair cut, it was disgusting how it looked. We hit nearly 80° here, some 20° above average. It was nice to have the warmth of the Sunshine, but it is winter, so cooler temps before a most likely unbearable Summer ahead would be nice to see.

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #13193 on: December 23, 2011, 12:59:56 AM »
Yeah, my neighborhood can get crazy too. There are a lot of gangsters around here, and more often than not, I hear gunshots in the middle of the night. Not to mention the noisy parties held pretty much every weekend during the summer at some hall at the corner. One night in July or so, my dad had to call the police on some people downstairs because they were having a noisy party at 2 in the morning and some guys there were selling drugs right in front of the house. Oh, and did I mention the house got egged 2 or 3 times this year? Even then, violence can, and does, get worse in other neighborhoods. :fear:
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: December 23, 2011, 08:08:11 AM »
I rarely see any activity around my neighborhood that resembles partying, drugs, or any of that stuff.  It's usually very quiet, so I'd highly recommend that you all consider your environment if you can move someday.
Same here.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: December 23, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »
Mine is somewhat like that..generally during the summer season. all the trouble starts when people from out of state move into their beach homes blasting music at supersonic noise and gettin drunk at 1 in the morning.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: December 23, 2011, 02:31:09 PM »
Well, thankfully, if I could move I would only a few miles from here to the more richer side of town (Brightwaters). I can't assume that it would be better there but it would be a much better environment. Some of the homes there go into the tens of millions. But back to before, my neighborhood has "Neighborhood Watch". I was talking to my friend and he says there's obviously no point for them since they do absolutely nothing. Not only that, I rarely see a cop car around here, maybe once every 3 to 4 months if I'm lucky. I've heard gun shots before around here. Thankfully I don't live in a town like Brentwood or Wyandanch, which for those who don't know, is like the 90's Compton of Long Island. There's not much to do other than move. One last thing which just blows my mind. New York State law prohibits smoking on school property. However, I see high school students smoking outside all the time at the end of the day, and administrators are right outside watching them, and don't even say anything!
My Weather Station

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13197 on: December 23, 2011, 07:29:38 PM »
New York State law prohibits smoking on school property. However, I see high school students smoking outside all the time at the end of the day, and administrators are right outside watching them, and don't even say anything!

The administrators are probably smoking out there with them!  At least that's what happened when I was in school.  :)

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #13198 on: December 23, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »
Anyone else have FaceTime on their iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad? I have nobody to talk to :(

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #13199 on: December 24, 2011, 02:29:24 AM »
Anyone else have FaceTime on their iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad? I have nobody to talk to :(
I do! :) I've also been looking for contacts.
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper