June 05, 2024, 05:42:27 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1316596 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #12900 on: October 27, 2011, 07:04:50 PM »
Sometimes I will never understand how institutions spend their money. First of all, Snooki got paid $32,000 recently to speak at Rutgers (about something unrelated to education).  Then the president, who is scheduled to resign due to a scandal is getting his salary hiked up 10%. This infuriates me beyond proportion. The tuition is increasing every year and we pay high campus fees as part of our term bill , only to go for this? It would be nice if they can remodel the bathrooms or even improve some of the food choices offered at the 4 dining halls.

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12901 on: October 27, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »
Makers of Weathergeek Pro is announcing its second version... will be more expensive and upgrade for current members will be free:
So excited about @wxgeekpro V 2.0 for iOS. This app is going to rock. Conservative estimate on release early 2012..but it could be earlier.
If u have or buy version 1.2 before then, of course upgrade will be FREE. Price will be higher for version 2.0 so makes sense to buy now.

Also, I'm waiting for the next set of forecast models coming up... We're gonna make some graphics tonight and tomorrow then the main show will be tomorrow at 7pm CT on livestream.com/alabamaweather and SKYWARNAL Live will succeed that at tinychat.com/skywarnal at 8:30pm CT. This will be our first SKYWARNAL Live since earlier this year when we terminated it due to low viewership. We'll see how things go until after Christmas, then we'll determine if we will keep going or not. Silly me - forgot to tell you about SKYWARNAL Live. We just chat and do random things. We usually have a playlist of that weeks selected songs.

Finally, our site will be going down for code modification to make the site safer to use and a total facelift (for some areas). Areas under maintenance will be password protected. I have seven slots open for beta testers - message me if you'd like access.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12902 on: October 27, 2011, 10:55:29 PM »
This week has been a nightmare for me.  My TV just broke, I had a very difficult past couple shifts at work due to correcting so many mistakes from other co-workers, and I'm seeing a few people here doing some pointless arguing.  I would advise you all to please watch it as I'm not in a good mood at all, and I may not show the same tolerance I normally can when I'm calm and feeling okay.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12903 on: October 27, 2011, 11:59:53 PM »
This week has been a nightmare for me.  My TV just broke, I had a very difficult past couple shifts at work due to correcting so many mistakes from other co-workers, and I'm seeing a few people here doing some pointless arguing.  I would advise you all to please watch it as I'm not in a good mood at all, and I may not show the same tolerance I normally can when I'm calm and feeling okay.
Certainly have had weeks like that.. :hmm: What happened to your TV?

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12904 on: October 28, 2011, 12:10:06 AM »
Certainly have had weeks like that.. :hmm: What happened to your TV?
My 5-year-old HD TV began to constantly start, shut down, and restart in the past few days.  Then, it suddenly blared a loud white static noise with flashing green bars dancing around the screen this morning when I tried to turn it on.  The only way I could get the deafening noise to stop was to unplug the TV, and my cable box was off the whole time.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12905 on: October 28, 2011, 12:49:17 AM »
Hope things improve for you Patrick. That sucks about your TV! Old age? If you need tv access anytime just let me know and I can give you access to my slingbox over the web.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12906 on: October 28, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
Age could be a factor. I had to replace my tv every 5-6 years

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12907 on: October 28, 2011, 11:17:24 AM »
Really? All the televisions I've owned have lasted at least 10-15 years (still have one from 1988 that works), unless LCD/Plasma sets typically have shorter lives than CRTs...

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12908 on: October 28, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »
Really? All the televisions I've owned have lasted at least 10-15 years (still have one from 1988 that works), unless LCD/Plasma sets typically have shorter lives than CRTs...
No, the real factor is that today's appliances are made with cheaper parts and not put together with higher quality compared to past decades.  For example, I have a small Sharp microwave that my mom gave me when I began living in apartments.  It's 20 years old, and it still works perfectly.  Things just aren't made like they used to be, and I find it pretty sad.

Thanks for the concerns, everyone.  It just hasn't been my week. :(

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #12909 on: October 28, 2011, 11:50:17 AM »
looks like my Acer finally gave out, now I have to find a new battery it seems to be $18 on amazon for the battery compatiable with my Aspire 5532

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #12910 on: October 28, 2011, 03:33:10 PM »
Anybody have any earthly idea what the heck is up with all of these damn earthquakes that keep occurring this year? There was one in Central Peru today. :thinking: :dunno:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #12911 on: October 28, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »
It'za night for SKYWARNAL News and SKYWARNAL Live! We've moved up our time from 7pm CT to 7:30pm CT due to time restraints. This show (730-800) will run on
SKYWARNAL News Now - live streaming video powered by Livestream
then we will host SKYWARNAL Live from 800 to 900 on http://tinychat.com/skywarnal.

Finally, we've reset our warning feed so everything should be working now. Visit it now at http://alerts.skywarnal.com to try it out!

Sorry if I seem to be mass-advertising here, I'm just really hyped about this weather and the newness still hasn't rubbed off of my site yet  :biggrin:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12912 on: October 28, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »
Anybody have any earthly idea what the heck is up with all of these damn earthquakes that keep occurring this year? There was one in Central Peru today. :thinking: :dunno:
Tectonic plate activity has increased over the past decade. Earthquakes are common, but notice how we only get an average 1 magnitude 8+ quake a year. December, typically is the most common month for earthquakes because that's around the timeframe when the earth's crust starts to buckle up.

Also seeing what happened in Japan earlier this year, it's very possible that there's increasing media coverage because people have a lot to learn from Japan, earlier this year.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #12913 on: October 28, 2011, 05:17:47 PM »
Tectonic plate activity has increased over the past decade. Earthquakes are common, but notice how we only get an average 1 magnitude 8+ quake a year. December, typically is the most common month for earthquakes because that's around the timeframe when the earth's crust starts to buckle up.

Also seeing what happened in Japan earlier this year, it's very possible that there's increasing media coverage because people have a lot to learn from Japan, earlier this year.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12914 on: October 28, 2011, 09:24:38 PM »
Permission to change the topic here?  :wave:

Halloween is coming, guys! Is anyone dressing up this year? I'm gonna be an angry bird. :D
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.