June 07, 2024, 01:53:45 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1789146 times)

Offline UC Davis Meteorologist

• "Your Storm Tracker Leader! "
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #8580 on: May 03, 2009, 05:14:13 PM »
Guys...I'm going back to Swine-Flu Land...I need the mask and the hand sanitizer now.  <_<

Im so nervous about getting the results of the physics (Magnetism) exam I took on Thursday. Please pray for me that I pass this class. Thanks :)

Oh my! well, I do wish you luck on that!!! I have my 3rd math midterm this tuesday and I am cramming big time!!! Good luck!!!!  :thrilled:

What math are you taking? Calc III? Linear Algebra? Diff EQ?

:blink: :blink: :blink:
woooooooooooo I'm barely on my first year in comm. college and I am taking a refresher math class (basic, that is). In the summer I take Algebra with emphasis in graphing, then in the Fall Algebra 2, Winter: Trigonometry, Next Spring: Pre-calculus, and Next summer: Calculus 1. I am very bad at math but I am getting better thanks to the class I am taking.

Oh thats very good because there are some math profs at CC who just are too easy or lazy. At any rate... What's your major? What field are you planning to go into?

My math professor is too fast! That's all I gotta say.
I want to get into both Journalism and Meteorology. I want to work on Journalism first then meteorology. I am currently working on my transfer work to transfer to a university hopefully somewhere out of state or maybe up north of California where the weather is much better than here. I may do one major at at time or I could make Meteorology my major or Journalism my minor. Also, I have until the end of the year to decide which college I'm gonna be transferring. My first choice: Northern Arizona University.

Good Luck with that. As for the meteorology be prepared to take plenty of Physics and Math classes but its all worth it because you will need it for upper division meteorology.

OMG...I had a 10th grade teacher who said this..."I dont meteorology is good field because there's not a lot of meteors that crash on Earth!" What an idiot.
Bachelors of Science: Atmospheric Science-UC Davis 2006-2011

Masters of Science: Physics Research in Atmospheric Sciences- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University 2011-?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #8581 on: May 03, 2009, 05:36:21 PM »
LOL that teacher has been sadly mistaken then.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #8582 on: May 03, 2009, 05:44:23 PM »
Wow, that's unbelievable! :no:  For everyone wondering, Meteorology comes from the hydrometeors that constantly fall from the sky in the form of rain, hail, sleet, and snow.  They aren't real meteors, but the wording stuck as a meteor is technically anything that falls towards the Earth.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #8583 on: May 03, 2009, 05:49:48 PM »
Wow thats..... sad

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: May 03, 2009, 05:58:40 PM »
I'm thinking about moving to Milwaukee, WI. :happy:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: May 03, 2009, 06:18:35 PM »
Why?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: May 03, 2009, 06:29:07 PM »
Why?
High living standards, and many good companies are based there. It's not too far from Chicago either.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #8587 on: May 03, 2009, 06:33:17 PM »
Really :blink: Wow

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: May 03, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »
Here's an article/blog about it:
http://www.onmilwaukee.com/buzz/articles/forbesyoung.html

"One of the best places to get educated".

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #8589 on: May 03, 2009, 07:29:28 PM »
Are you seriously considering moving, or is this just dreaming of living there?
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline UC Davis Meteorologist

• "Your Storm Tracker Leader! "
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 61
« Reply #8590 on: May 03, 2009, 08:37:43 PM »
Wow, that's unbelievable! :no: For everyone wondering, Meteorology comes from the hydrometeors that constantly fall from the sky in the form of rain, hail, sleet, and snow.  They aren't real meteors, but the wording stuck as a meteor is technically anything that falls towards the Earth.
[/b]

Interesting fact. Its so funny because I ignore his comment and Im striving to get my masters in Meteorology and hopefully work in the National Weather Service Writing Wx Discussions. lol...so I dont pay attention to that garbage. He is so stupid because that teacher kept talking about "Popeye" He is so obsessed with it. He keeps telling us to remember the quote "I am what I am!" and he wasted a lot of time analyzing the quote and watch movies. More importantly, when it was time to talk about the reformation of churches in England, when we got to Martin Luther...he showed us a movie about Martin Luther King. My dad's reaction was priceless. He was like "POPPPEYE!" "WHO ZHE HELL ISSS POPEYEEE? "IFF HEEE TEACHEEES YOUUUU POOOOPEYE ONE MORE TIMEE I WILL POOOP HIS EYE!" Lol...my dad is funny but he really wants me to get a good education. As for whether or not he supports me being a meteorologist, the answer is no...he wants me to be a medical doctor because they get paid more and have a stable job. So, Im actually lying to my parents about major because one time I tried tell him and he went all ballistic at me. So, I just decided to lie to him...I know it's bad but at least I get to do my field without any distractions. Maybe, I will tell them later but not now. 
Bachelors of Science: Atmospheric Science-UC Davis 2006-2011

Masters of Science: Physics Research in Atmospheric Sciences- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University 2011-?

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #8591 on: May 03, 2009, 09:09:29 PM »
I am posting from SwineFluLandia! So far nothing has happened, and yes the city is pretty quiet. Me and my cousin have nothing to do but to go to the internet cafe thats near our house. The movie theatres were closed down due to the outbreak. I am only on here for one hour (since 5:45 my time) I might go for 2 but idk. I was bored tho.

Wow, that's unbelievable! :no:  For everyone wondering, Meteorology comes from the hydrometeors that constantly fall from the sky in the form of rain, hail, sleet, and snow.  They aren't real meteors, but the wording stuck as a meteor is technically anything that falls towards the Earth.

My 11th grade english teacher thought that Meteorology is the study of meteors.  :rofl2:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: May 03, 2009, 11:18:42 PM »
I am posting from SwineFluLandia! So far nothing has happened, and yes the city is pretty quiet. Me and my cousin have nothing to do but to go to the internet cafe thats near our house. The movie theatres were closed down due to the outbreak. I am only on here for one hour (since 5:45 my time) I might go for 2 but idk. I was bored tho.

Wait, why are you in Mexico? :dunno:

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #8593 on: May 04, 2009, 12:23:12 AM »
Mexico? Why? Wouldnt you get Swine Flu? Ohh heavens :hammer:

OT: It was my bday yesterday, by 13th and went well :biggrin:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #8594 on: May 04, 2009, 01:42:07 AM »

Wait, why are you in Mexico? :dunno:

Duck Centro (El Centro) is 15 miles north of Mexico and I go there pretty often. Ever since the swine flu story came up I started to panic and be scared at first. But I know that I have hand sanitizer, and I wash my hands very often. I have been tested for the flu two times this weekend. I came out negative on both. I posted from the internet cafe earlier because me and my cousin had nothing to do (all movie theatres were closed due to the outbreak).
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.