June 06, 2024, 05:05:10 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788287 times)

Offline Stephen

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #6930 on: August 15, 2008, 02:28:58 AM »
And on the screen was a BLACK LDL with the OLD ICONS!!!!! :thrilled:
That was the XL. :yes: :twothumbs:

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • SD Channel #: 61
« Reply #6931 on: August 15, 2008, 09:05:58 AM »
Wow, that's neat! Were you able to tell if it was the IntelliStar or XL font on the LDL? It could of been an IntelliStar that didn't receive the icons upgrade (there were a few that didn't receive it until  several months after most of the others did).
It definitely had a different font than the intellistar. Man this is so freakin cool!!!!! :thrilled: If only I had my camera.... :cry:
WeatherSTAR 4000 radar map - last updated 11/25/08 at 11:15 PM PDT

Youtube - Myspace - FileFront

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #6932 on: August 15, 2008, 11:01:48 AM »
ok sooooo apparently my trainee, Jordan quit yesterday - and my managers thought otherwise - so he was still scheduled to go in at 5, well he never showed up, so my GM called him and he said he'd be there...he never shows.

so i today, being my day OFF...get a call from my GM, Teresa - asking if i can go into work because Jordan had quit, Kim (other cashier) was off and couldn't come in, so i was like - sure. ok. fine.

so i get there, it's a mess. i was ticked...i went to the back to check out my schedule and because Jordan quit, I now have 3 day double shifts starting tomorrow through Sunday.

somebody shoot me?  :fire:  :doh2:  :P

Nah, shooting is bad.  I'll hit you with a chair..it'll make it all better :D

:chair:

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: August 15, 2008, 12:56:34 PM »
I just got a call, and it was a local number, but the caller ID said "US GOV'T", so I decided to answer, and he says, Kyle?, and I said, yes?, He's like "You Ready To Go Back To SChool"... blah blah.  Then he says he wants to screen me to see if I'm qualified for the Marine Corps.  I told him I wasn't interested and he's like "You Don't have to be interested" and then I hung up.
No sooner do I hang up, he calls again, and said "Hi, I'm Sgt So and So from the Marines and I am calling to get a hold of Kyle, he hung up on me before.  I just want to get a little information from him, it was VERY RUDE he hung up on me".  Wow, was i ticked.  It's rude to call me AGAIN after I CLEARLY stated I wasn't interested :rolleyes:  :whistling:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #6934 on: August 15, 2008, 01:15:02 PM »
I just got a call, and it was a local number, but the caller ID said "US GOV'T", so I decided to answer, and he says, Kyle?, and I said, yes?, He's like "You Ready To Go Back To SChool"... blah blah.  Then he says he wants to screen me to see if I'm qualified for the Marine Corps.  I told him I wasn't interested and he's like "You Don't have to be interested" and then I hung up.
No sooner do I hang up, he calls again, and said "Hi, I'm Sgt So and So from the Marines and I am calling to get a hold of Kyle, he hung up on me before.  I just want to get a little information from him, it was VERY RUDE he hung up on me".  Wow, was i ticked.  It's rude to call me AGAIN after I CLEARLY stated I wasn't interested :rolleyes:  :whistling:

Yep your at the age where they start doing that. I remember when some Sgt. from the Army tried to get me to enlist. He called, sent letters in the mail, you name it. I just ignored it. And that's my advice to you. Don't answer when he calls. Such is the power of caller ID!  :biggrin: :P

Seriously though, if you ignore him he'll quit sooner or later.  :yes:

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #6935 on: August 15, 2008, 01:17:56 PM »
I told them I was interested just to get a free shirt. It's a high quality shirt, too! Got it the other day in the mail, it's one of those Nike Dry-fit shirts. I like it!

Except now I get junk in the mail from them. That's okay, it all goes in the recycling bin! :cool3:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #6936 on: August 15, 2008, 01:19:52 PM »
Ok, so there was a slight change of plans. Instead of going to Utah, we decided to make our first stop in Glenwood Springs, CO. Unfortunately though, the hotel has satellite. :( I couldn't tell whether the dishes were on the roof, because it was so dark..

HOWEVER, on the way here, we stopped at a rest stop, and because there was some severe weather, they had TWC playing in the visitor's center. And on the screen was a BLACK LDL with the OLD ICONS!!!!! :thrilled: But we couldn't stay long enough for the LF, and my camera was packed away in the moving truck. I think the CC city on the LDL was 'Leadville' or something like that. So maybe I didn't get to actually see a LF, but that was the closest to a legacy STAR that I've ever been to.. :thrilled: :thrilled: :thrilled: :wow:
That's awesome! Glad you saw an Xl!

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: August 15, 2008, 03:04:12 PM »
You'd have to be a freakin' ididot to join the military. :happy:
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • SD Channel #: 61
« Reply #6938 on: August 16, 2008, 01:45:07 AM »
We're currently in Vegas now, and they obviously have the IS. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a clip or not. We're in a HUGE hurry...
WeatherSTAR 4000 radar map - last updated 11/25/08 at 11:15 PM PDT

Youtube - Myspace - FileFront

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #6939 on: August 16, 2008, 02:08:18 AM »

Yep your at the age where they start doing that. I remember when some Sgt. from the Army tried to get me to enlist. He called, sent letters in the mail, you name it. I just ignored it. And that's my advice to you. Don't answer when he calls. Such is the power of caller ID!  :biggrin: :P

not to mention, at the age of 18 - all males have to register with the SSS within 30 days of your 18th birthday - isn't that good enough??

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: August 16, 2008, 07:57:52 AM »

not to mention, at the age of 18 - all males have to register with the SSS within 30 days of your 18th birthday - isn't that good enough??

As far as I'm concerned it is.  :biggrin: :P

Offline Stephen

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #6941 on: August 16, 2008, 11:24:17 AM »
My internet is back up today. :) Last night and this morning, it went down constantly, and we had a cable guy come here to try to figure out the problem, as resetting the modem and stuff like that weren't working. They checked out everything, and the problem turned out to be the modem, and he replaced it, and everything is working fine so far. :yes:

What was weird was that on Thursday night (around Midnight or so) it also went down, but we called them then and they said that night it was an area outage. :huh:

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: August 16, 2008, 01:10:30 PM »
My internet is back up today. :) Last night and this morning, it went down constantly, and we had a cable guy come here to try to figure out the problem, as resetting the modem and stuff like that weren't working. They checked out everything, and the problem turned out to be the modem, and he replaced it, and everything is working fine so far. :yes:

What was weird was that on Thursday night (around Midnight or so) it also went down, but we called them then and they said that night it was an area outage. :huh:
I've had that happen before.
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: August 16, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »
I got a new phone today :D :dance:

Offline TheRolyPoly

• Changing Newscasts - Founder, Owner, Blogposter / NPR Lover and Affiliate: 91.3 WLRN-FM / Public Media Fans
  • Ultimate Member
  • The Latest News about Local Newscasts.
    • View Profile
    • Changing Newscasts
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
« Reply #6944 on: August 16, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
What kind of phone is it?
Roly (Twitter: @itsTheRolyPoly)
https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com (Twitter: @ChangeNewsBlog)
Public Media Fans (Twitter: @PubMediaFans)
PBS and NPR in Miami = WPBT 2 (main), WLRN-TV 17 (secondary) and WXEL 42 (plus to WPBT) plus 91.3 WLRN-FM
https://seriousxm.substack.com (Twitter: @SeriousXM_News)