June 06, 2024, 02:57:27 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788053 times)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #1275 on: July 18, 2007, 02:12:02 PM »
Yeah if it keeps up definitley call them again. There's gotta be some kind of problem in the wiring inside or oustide your house. Or perhaps something is wrong with your DSL modem. Or perhaps even with your Ethernet card (the card in your computer into which you plug the ethernet cable.

G2003

« Reply #1276 on: July 18, 2007, 02:14:36 PM »
Ugh, my internet went down AGAIN, even after I installed the splitter. :censored: If this keeps up in, let's say the next few days we'll probably call the ISP again. This is getting ridiculous. <_<
Thats crazy. I wonder what it could be :huh:

Offline Stephen

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #1277 on: July 18, 2007, 02:15:48 PM »
It just went down again, and I just unplugged the filter from the splitter, and it came back up. So obviously, the filter is still interfering with the modem somehow.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 18, 2007, 02:16:16 PM »
Ugh, my internet went down AGAIN, even after I installed the splitter. :censored: If this keeps up in, let's say the next few days we'll probably call the ISP again. This is getting ridiculous. <_<

Yeah if it keeps up definitley call them again. There's gotta be some kind of problem in the wiring inside or oustide your house. Or perhaps something is wrong with your DSL modem. Or perhaps even with your Ethernet card (the card in your computer into which you plug the ethernet cable.

:thumbsup: :whistle:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 18, 2007, 02:16:48 PM »
It just went down again, and I just unplugged the filter from the splitter, and it came back up. So obviously, the filter is still interfering with the modem somehow.

As long as you don't have the filter attached to the line coming from your modem, there is no interference.

G2003

« Reply #1280 on: July 18, 2007, 02:17:01 PM »

Well i didnt see that, since i was posted first.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 18, 2007, 02:18:27 PM »

So you just post without reading what is already posted?  :rolleyes:

G2003

« Reply #1282 on: July 18, 2007, 02:19:25 PM »

No! :cry2: I was posting while you were posting yours. I didnt realize your post came before mine! :cry2: :cry:

Offline Stephen

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 18, 2007, 02:20:23 PM »
As long as you don't have the filter attached to the line coming from your modem, there is no interference.
I have the DSL modem plugged straight into the splitter, and I had the filter plugged into the other plug. Yet, when I have the filter plugged in (not in the same line as the modem), apparently the modem is still getting interfered by the filter because it goes down. :unsure:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 18, 2007, 02:20:43 PM »

No! :cry2: I was posting while you were posting yours. I didnt realize your post came before mine! :cry2: :cry:
Mine was already there Gil. If you look at the time stamps, mine came two minutes before yours. also, the board tells you when someone else has posted BEFORE it lets you submit your post.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 18, 2007, 02:21:41 PM »
I have the DSL modem plugged straight into the splitter, and I had the filter plugged into the other plug. Yet, when I have the filter plugged in (not in the same line as the modem), apparently the modem is still getting interfered by the filter because it goes down. :unsure:
No, again no interference is possible unless the filter is on the same line. The filter cannot interfere from anohter line. Its technically impossible.

G2003

« Reply #1286 on: July 18, 2007, 02:21:56 PM »
Mine was already there Gil. If you look at the time stamps, mine came two minutes before yours. also, the board tells you when someone else has posted BEFORE it lets you submit your post.
Well it didnt tell me, cause my post went through. Its not my fault. :cry: :cry2:

SSS, I don't know anythng, but it looks like its your modem.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 18, 2007, 02:23:01 PM »
Well it didnt tell me, cause my post went through. Its not my fault. :cry: :cry2:

It went through cause my post was already there and you didn;t read it before you posted.  :P

Yeah, I'm guessing its eitehr the modem or the wiring. As I said, it could be the inside OR outside wiring.

Offline Stephen

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 18, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »
No, again no interference is possible unless the filter is on the same line. The filter cannot interfere from anohter line. Its technically impossible.
Hmm. I don't know then.

I doubt it. It works fine when the filter is NOT plugged in to the other line on the splitter, but it doesn't when the filter is plugged in to the splitter. :unsure:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 18, 2007, 02:24:42 PM »
I have mine set up the same way Stephen and it works fine. So not only do I know from a technical standpoint that you shouldn't be having a problem, I also know it from personal experience with the same setup.