April 27, 2024, 04:37:35 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1769082 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14775 on: May 20, 2013, 12:55:54 AM »
Let's play: Spot The FAIL In This Article.

LOL! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14776 on: May 20, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
Gosh, if an article about the weather can be screwed up that badly, no wonder the public is utterly confused about what the NWS does and how the atmosphere works. :pinch:  Sometimes I feel like I'm in a losing battle when trying to tell everyone my job.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #14777 on: May 20, 2013, 02:16:29 PM »
The use of the word "hurricane" is called an analogy, obviously there wasn't no hurricane is Kansas. But the bigger problem is how the title states Kansas, but an article about a tornado in Oklahoma.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14778 on: May 21, 2013, 05:31:14 PM »
Seeing how the Moore, OK tornado became a subject of its own here, I have moved all of those posts to the Severe Weather section of the boards so you all can continue there.  If it warrants a topic on its own, we can certainly accommodate.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: May 21, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »
Seeing how the Moore, OK tornado became a subject of its own here, I have moved all of those posts to the Severe Weather section of the boards so you all can continue there.  If it warrants a topic on its own, we can certainly accommodate.
To be honest, yes. This event is going to be memorable enough to warrant its own topic.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14780 on: May 21, 2013, 08:44:11 PM »
To be honest, yes. This event is going to be memorable enough to warrant its own topic.

Thanks for the suggestion, Mike.  I thought the tornado deserved its own topic too, so I have gone ahead and made it a new topic. :yes:

Sorry if the posts seem a little out-of-context.  I took what Patrick moved from here to the severe weather thread and made those posts a new topic.  I know we have some other things about the tornado lingering around on the forums but those have to do with TWC, so I will keep them put.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14781 on: May 23, 2013, 10:58:48 PM »
Hope all of you have a good Memorial Day weekend ahead!  Tomorrow will have to be my only day to enjoy anything as I work during the upcoming weekend.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #14782 on: May 24, 2013, 12:34:28 AM »
I-5 Skagit River Bridge Collapse News Coverage on KIRO-TV: May 23, 2013

There was a bridge collapse up in Skagit County (about 50-60 miles north of Seattle.) The northernmost section of the bridge that carries Interstate 5 across the Skagit River gave away at about 7PM PT this evening. At least two or three vehicles fell into the river when the bridge collapsed, and traffic in the area is a mess. No fatalities were reported, but three people were rescued and were taken to a local hospital with, miraculously, only minor injuries.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:07:20 PM by TWCJim »
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14783 on: May 25, 2013, 10:38:53 PM »
I seem to hear way too much about bridge collapses. :no:  It's quite remarkable that no one perished in that incident, Jim.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: May 27, 2013, 06:29:28 AM »
My mom passed away Sunday. She was pronounced dead at 19:19 EDT, however she may have passed earlier than that. I'm going to be busy with a lot of responsibilities I have to take care of, so I do apologize in advance if I don't get to messages right away or seem snippy. RIP mom .... July 27, 1956 - May 26, 2013.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: May 27, 2013, 06:57:55 AM »
My mom passed away Sunday. She was pronounced dead at 19:19 EDT, however she may have passed earlier than that. I'm going to be busy with a lot of responsibilities I have to take care of, so I do apologize in advance if I don't get to messages right away or seem snippy. RIP mom .... July 27, 1956 - May 26, 2013.
Completely understood Jesse. Very sorry to hear about your loss, and if you need anything from me please let me know.. you know where I am.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #14786 on: May 27, 2013, 08:44:55 AM »
Very sorry for your loss. It must be very difficult loosing someone that close to you. If you need anything, we're here for you.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #14787 on: May 27, 2013, 10:30:38 AM »
Oh my goodness Jesse. I am so sorry to hear that. Please let us know if we can do anything for you. I know it's difficult. You're in my thoughts.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14788 on: May 27, 2013, 11:24:48 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Jesse  :(  I completely understand how difficult and emotional it is for one to lose a very close family member. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family, and your relatives.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:27:56 AM by TWCJim »
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14789 on: May 27, 2013, 11:40:41 AM »
Jesse, I hope you can find help and support during this very difficult time.  Don't overwhelm yourself with all these responsibilities.  Take it one day and one thing at a time.  Sorry to hear about your loss, and my thoughts and prayers are with you. :(