March 28, 2024, 05:58:08 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1753225 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14280 on: July 05, 2012, 12:04:51 AM »
Sorry for double post! :doublepost:

I just have to post this because this was just crazy. I just fooled my whole family because I said that a storm would just past to the west of here, and they believed it! So they just had desert outside and all of a sudden it starts down pouring on them! Hahahahaha. Sucks to be them, I'm sitting inside.  :bleh: :rofl2:
Well that's not very nice to do. If it taught them a lesson with the above t-storm warning, maybe. Just don't let them get hurt or anything.
Yeah Craig, I would have to agree with Donovan.. that wasn't very nice of you to do to your family. :hmm: They could have gotten hurt had anything worse happened. If they don't understand the ability of a thunderstorm, then that's their own fault.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14281 on: July 05, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »
Just to clear things up, there was no lightning affiliated with this storm, it was simply a rain shower; and I had to get back at them for what they done to me all these years. :rolleyes: Also, they were under a tent, which shielded them from most of the rain. It was alright, they laughed, it wasn't anything meant to be mean.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14282 on: July 05, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »
Don't you just hate it when your hard drive fails on you? Ack, without a computer for the weekend.  :hmm:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14283 on: July 05, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »
For those of you that use the WS4000 v3 emulator, I can officially report that observations are working again! :twothumbs:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14284 on: July 05, 2012, 10:57:40 PM »
For those of you that use the WS4000 v3 emulator, I can officially report that observations are working again! :twothumbs:

I don't follow...how is this possible?

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: July 05, 2012, 11:12:34 PM »

I don't follow...how is this possible?

Are they not working for you? they work just fine for me :dunno:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14286 on: July 05, 2012, 11:20:53 PM »
It is, but what I mean is how does it suddenly start working out of the clear blue after 7months of being down? :dunno:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14287 on: July 05, 2012, 11:29:34 PM »
It is, but what I mean is how does it suddenly start working out of the clear blue after 7months of being down? :dunno:
It was an issue on the ADDS' end and is kinda hard to explain on why, but I do know what caused the observations to go down originally.

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #14288 on: July 07, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »
I just noticed that the current weather information under all of our profiles aren't working.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14289 on: July 07, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »
I just noticed that the current weather information under all of our profiles aren't working.
That's a problem on HAMweather's end, not ours. It's happening on my HAMweather page as well.

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #14290 on: July 07, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »
Oh, Okay. Well, hopefully HAMweather will have that fixed soon.

Anyway, inverted V/microburst anyone?

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14291 on: July 07, 2012, 01:44:45 PM »
That's a problem on HAMweather's end, not ours. It's happening on my HAMweather page as well.

Yeah, they've been broken for quite a few days now.  I noticed they went out as soon as NWS changed to their new website design, so I think that might have something to do with it. :thinking:  If this is a problem on HAMweather's end, then I guess there's nothing we can do about it.  To be honest, I personally have no idea how to access the information, but I may contact Patrick or Martin just to double-check that there's not a link problem on the forums.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14292 on: July 07, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »

Yeah, they've been broken for quite a few days now.  I noticed they went out as soon as NWS changed to their new website design, so I think that might have something to do with it. :thinking:  If this is a problem on HAMweather's end, then I guess there's nothing we can do about it.  To be honest, I personally have no idea how to access the information, but I may contact Patrick or Martin just to double-check that there's not a link problem on the forums.
I'm not stopping you from double-checking with both, but I can assure you that it's a problem on their end and not ours.  :no: And I looked on the HAMweather site a few days back and it seems that HAMweather3 (the software used to power the profile conditions) is no longer supported either, so I have no idea if it's gonna be fixed or not. :hmm:

It's also quite a coincidence that the ADDS fixes their problem, but then HAMweather becomes broken at the same time! :lol:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #14293 on: July 07, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »
If it remains offline much longer I will look into a solution on our end

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14294 on: July 07, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »
Well, tomorrow is a very important part of my flight course, because if I pass this flight examination tomorrow, I will likely have my Private Pilot's license in my hand in about a week or so.  :thrilled: Just trying not to let my nerves get to me.
Tiddlywinks.