April 25, 2024, 01:35:03 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1767244 times)

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13905 on: April 20, 2012, 08:10:35 PM »
This storm would barely put a dent in our severe drought. 2-3" of rain is expected; after the storm, we would still have a deficit of about 7". High winds are also expected for us from this storm, but the winds could change depending on the track of this storm, if the storm moves inland in Southern Jersey, we could see gusts 60-70mph, but the way it looks now, we'll only see gusts 45-60mph and for a much shorter period of time. I suspect higher damage from these winds because most of the deciduous trees here are full. :thinking:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: April 21, 2012, 10:15:27 PM »
I think we're going to get thunderstorms in the next 30 minutes. Right now, there's a severe thunderstorm warning for Middlesex County, which is where my university is at.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13907 on: April 22, 2012, 10:40:13 AM »
That's a coincidence - I used to live in Middlesex County, Massachusetts!  :)

Offline WxFanMatt

• Sea Breeze < -182°F
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13908 on: April 22, 2012, 11:04:38 AM »
That's a coincidence - I used to live in Middlesex County, Massachusetts!  :)
My favorite county in MA... If only we could get a severe thunderstorm warning in Middlesex County, MA today (that would be ironic)

June 1, 2011: Never Forget (at least in my mind :) )

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: April 22, 2012, 02:02:58 PM »
Happy Earth Day, everybody! Who here managed to hug their favorite tree?  :lol:  :P
Tiddlywinks.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #13910 on: April 22, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »
Happy Earth Day, everybody! Who here managed to hug their favorite tree?  :lol:  :P
I'm a tree lover. I wish I could go hug all the trees in my backyard, but it's down pouring right now, and I don't want to look weird. :fear: :thinking:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13911 on: April 22, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
I'm a tree lover. I wish I could go hug all the trees in my backyard, but it's down pouring right now, and I don't want to look weird. :fear: :thinking:
That would not be a good idea, Craig. :P  I did plant a tree 18 years ago on this day, and it's still there according to my family in WV.

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #13912 on: April 22, 2012, 05:58:13 PM »
Happy Earth Day, everybody! Who here managed to hug their favorite tree?  :lol: :P
That would not be a good idea, Craig. :P  I did plant a tree 18 years ago on this day, and it's still there according to my family in WV.
He's right. The tree could bite. :P
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: April 23, 2012, 03:07:31 PM »
Couldn't enjoy the outdoors yesterday, it was pouring. :(

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13914 on: April 24, 2012, 02:03:42 AM »
Since we've all been busy, I feel like providing a little comedy relief.  Anyone want to figure out this sign?

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13915 on: April 24, 2012, 03:28:33 AM »
Since we've all been busy, I feel like providing a little comedy relief.  Anyone want to figure out this sign?

I'm going to guess someone old who didn't know how to spell made that sign.  :pinch:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: April 24, 2012, 04:15:13 PM »
Dumbasses these days. A trash can was lit on fire today in the boy's restroom during the last period of the day at school It stunk up the hall too and boy I had a hard time breathing. :rolleyes: Thank heavens I'm not asthmatic. :itsok:

* Zach ends rant
...and the same thing happened in the same bathroom today, only during the 4th period of the day and not the last period.. :rolleyes:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #13917 on: April 25, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
I am already going into Christmas mode and getting ready for production on the school/church Christmas play, my Christmas videos, eggnog, hot chocolate, and more. How I miss that time of year! I love Christmas.

I remember when I was working on the production for the play, I had played all the TWC Christmas LF's I could find (from the 2006-2008 era, at least) and listened to them for hours on end while I did my work on the iMac.
I spent at least 3 days straight just working on CREDITS for the play. It made it better listening to the music, I probably would have lost my sanity without it.

Why am I on my Christmas kick? I dunno.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13918 on: April 25, 2012, 10:57:31 PM »
Craig and Austin, I've moved your weather question to an existing thread that was created two years ago for everyone to ask anything about Meteorology.  I've decided to pin that topic as enough of you are curious to continue asking question about the weather.  Here's the thread:

https://twctodayforums.com/forums/general-weather-chat/ask-the-weather-expert!

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: April 28, 2012, 06:09:01 AM »
I'm up so early this morning since I'll be headed over to school to take a practice AP exam.. if it wasn't for the teacher granting the extra credit worth one assignment grade, I probably wouldn't be doing this..
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~