June 07, 2024, 03:35:50 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1789279 times)

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #12615 on: August 08, 2010, 06:11:52 PM »
I have had  a thunderstorm nearly every day since Saturday, July 24th. So, that maketh me happy.  :happy: And, they will continue because I am about to go to Florida to visit my grandparents in the southwestern portion of the state. This is why I love summer.
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12616 on: August 09, 2010, 03:07:22 AM »
I'll make it short, simple and non-frightening (well, maybe.): I've been diagnosed with Anemia.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12617 on: August 09, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »
I'll make it short, simple and non-frightening (well, maybe.): I've been diagnosed with Anemia.
* jtmal0723 throws an iron at Ana >_>

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12618 on: August 10, 2010, 02:35:57 PM »

My mom is anemic and I think I might be, too. Just take some iron pills. My mom has for over 2 years...that's when she was diagnosed. Anemia isn't too terribly serious. :) Hope you recover, though.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12619 on: August 11, 2010, 06:33:46 AM »

My mom is anemic and I think I might be, too. Just take some iron pills. My mom has for over 2 years...that's when she was diagnosed. Anemia isn't too terribly serious. :) Hope you recover, though.
Yea I have a friend with it. It can be serious or not

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12620 on: August 11, 2010, 12:07:28 PM »
It depends with what kind of anemia. It could be a temporary anemia where you feel tired all the time and look pale or it could be very serious, something like aplastic anemia. However, the more serious anemias are caused by genetic factors. A daily iron pill should help as my mom has the same thing

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12621 on: August 12, 2010, 01:58:33 PM »
I'd also try taking a daily general vitamin pill.  Other minerals in addition to iron may help you.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
« Reply #12622 on: August 12, 2010, 02:32:12 PM »
The doctor prescribed three vitamins: Iron, Folic Acid and B12, plus a med that controls hunger due to anxiety. And my eating habits are currently in the works since I've skipped so much before the diagnosis. I guess this is what you get when you skip more than one meal.  :hmm:

Anyways, to change the subject a little: Gmail's new design looks icky. I don't like it very much.  :no:

hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #12623 on: August 12, 2010, 05:52:32 PM »
Well my cousin got kicked out of school today. He left his classroom and came into mine. He seemed to have a bone to pick with the guy sitting behind me. He came skipping in and said "Hi" and proceeded to beat him up, with markers in his hands to prevent his hands from breaking. Our teacher tried to break it up but they continued, they eventually got pushed into a lamp, breaking the (fluorescent) bulb in it and screwing up the lampshade, as teachers apprehended him, his necklace broke, spilling those little white "shark teeth" all over the floor. As the kid he beat up left the room, he was in the teacher's hands and said "You don't have to hold on to me, i'm not going to do it again." I'm scared of him now. I used to like to hang around him, but now, I want to be as far away from him as possible.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12624 on: August 12, 2010, 05:58:40 PM »
Well my cousin got kicked out of school today. He left his classroom and came into mine. He seemed to have a bone to pick with the guy sitting behind me. He came skipping in and said "Hi" and proceeded to beat him up, with markers in his hands to prevent his hands from breaking. Our teacher tried to break it up but they continued, they eventually got pushed into a lamp, breaking the (fluorescent) bulb in it and screwing up the lampshade, as teachers apprehended him, his necklace broke, spilling those little white "shark teeth" all over the floor. As the kid he beat up left the room, he was in the teacher's hands and said "You don't have to hold on to me, i'm not going to do it again." I'm scared of him now. I used to like to hang around him, but now, I want to be as far away from him as possible.
Good grief! :blink:  No one should ever let their emotions drive themselves to this point in being so far out of control.  I gather that it happens more often in school these days, but it still doesn't make it right.

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12625 on: August 12, 2010, 06:17:23 PM »

One emoticon: :blink:.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12626 on: August 12, 2010, 06:33:32 PM »

I'd be afraid to be around him, too. :o As much as I believe you, this seems like something you would see in a movie. Hope the hazardous fluorescent bulb clean-up effort was alright, too. :blink:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12627 on: August 12, 2010, 07:55:32 PM »

I'd be afraid to be around him, too. :o As much as I believe you, this seems like something you would see in a movie. Hope the hazardous fluorescent bulb clean-up effort was alright, too. :blink:
That's just crazy. :o I reckon this was the first week that school started? Maybe he's not looking forward to being into school in the first place and did such an act to combat his feelings, which wasn't right.

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #12628 on: August 12, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »

That's just crazy. :o I reckon this was the first week that school started? Maybe he's not looking forward to being into school in the first place and did such an act to combat his feelings, which wasn't right.
Actually no, on his Facebook he said he liked school (posted Wed. I believe) I think it had something to do with the person himself, as according to another classmate, they never have gotten along

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12629 on: August 13, 2010, 01:05:46 AM »
Good grief! :blink:  No one should ever let their emotions drive themselves to this point in being so far out of control.  I gather that it happens more often in school these days, but it still doesn't make it right.
Exactly, not right at all.  Violence is not the answer at all.  It frustrates me when people fight; what does it do?  Nothing.  You're not cool if you gave someone else a black eye, or made their nose bleed.  You're an idiot :rolleyes:
NEVER understood physical fighting.