June 07, 2024, 03:50:50 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1789300 times)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #12270 on: June 28, 2010, 11:48:21 PM »
I even rode on a boat through Oregon Inlet for a fishing trip to the Gulf Stream years ago.  Yes, the water is pure blue and beautiful once you get out there. B)
Wow, that must have been nice! Never really boated out into the ocean yet, just along the Delaware Bay and the back bays along the NJ shoreline.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12271 on: June 29, 2010, 10:52:21 AM »
I can't sleep. Gotta love it when the a/c doesn't work and it's a sizzling night. <_<
Try sleeping in a tent outside! haha I am back from camping as most of you have already seen. I went down to Cape Hatteras for a few days with some friends. Boy was it hot. One night I just had to sleep in my car with the AC on once in a while. Still it was a lot of fun :)
You really get around, don't you :P

Beautiful pics.  I used to live on the coast of North Carolina until I was 4, so I probably have been to the Outer Banks at one point or another (can't remember..haha)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12272 on: June 29, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »
I even rode on a boat through Oregon Inlet for a fishing trip to the Gulf Stream years ago.  Yes, the water is pure blue and beautiful once you get out there. B)
Wow, that must have been nice! Never really boated out into the ocean yet, just along the Delaware Bay and the back bays along the NJ shoreline.
Me neither. It's part of my 'things to do this summer' list though. :yes:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12273 on: June 29, 2010, 11:59:24 AM »
In summer 2007 I was walking along the Atlantic Ocean in Vilano Beach, FL (just outside of St. Augustine) and it was a nice vacation except for when I tried to retrieve a flip flop and I almost got caught in a current. :hmm: I have never been swimming and almost got to boat in the Hillsborough River.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: June 29, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »
I think we've had a discussion on this before, but let me just ask again...is Windows 7 a good operating system? :dunno: I know that now it might be the only Windows system out there, since I think XP and Vista have been discontinued. :thinking: Anyways, our home computer crashed the other day, and I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on Windows 7, even if that's the only Windows-related operating system available now.

Also, Office 2010 is great, right? I think we'll be getting that installed too. :biggrin:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12275 on: June 29, 2010, 10:38:37 PM »
I think we've had a discussion on this before, but let me just ask again...is Windows 7 a good operating system? :dunno: I know that now it might be the only Windows system out there, since I think XP and Vista have been discontinued. :thinking: Anyways, our home computer crashed the other day, and I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on Windows 7, even if that's the only Windows-related operating system available now.

Also, Office 2010 is great, right? I think we'll be getting that installed too. :biggrin:

Windows 7 is just simply amazing. It runs faster and smoother than XP or Vista. It's a big improvement in terms of Operating Systems. I think you should definitely upgrade when you get the chance.

Office 2010 is much better than 2007, to be honest. It's not that complicated to use at all!
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12276 on: June 29, 2010, 10:39:08 PM »
Nice! I'm glad you had fun camping! I was up in canada for the weekend for a little family reunion and it wasn't bad..considering the scenic road trip. B)
Thats awesome. I hope you had fun :)
The Outer Banks are nice, I was there back in 2003. It was hot when we were there though. Glad you had fun! :)
Oh neat! Where did you go down there?

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12277 on: June 29, 2010, 10:58:31 PM »
We stayed somewhere just outside of Cape Hatteras, forget what it was called... but it was a HUGE mansion we rented (we went with my mom's two other sisters and their families) somewhere in the open by the beach. Had have been worth over a few million (had three floors, 7 bedrooms). I know we visited Cape Hatteras, Kitty Hawk, and I think Nags Head. We also went up that lighthouse you visited as well. :yes:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: June 29, 2010, 11:43:01 PM »
We stayed somewhere just outside of Cape Hatteras, forget what it was called... but it was a HUGE mansion we rented (we went with my mom's two other sisters and their families) somewhere in the open by the beach. Had have been worth over a few million (had three floors, 7 bedrooms). I know we visited Cape Hatteras, Kitty Hawk, and I think Nags Head. We also went up that lighthouse you visited as well. :yes:
Ah yes sounds like Avon or Frisco. The houses in that area are quite nice. :yes:

I must agree with both of you that the Outer Banks is a great place to visit when there's no hurricane around.  I've been through Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, and Cape Hatteras.  I even rode on a boat through Oregon Inlet for a fishing trip to the Gulf Stream years ago.  Yes, the water is pure blue and beautiful once you get out there. B)
Oh very nice Patrick. Kitty Hawk is fantastic. Duck and Corolla are by far my favorite places on the Outer Banks. Oregon Inlet is cool too! That long bridge is quite fun to drive along. Glad you got a chance to do that :)

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: June 29, 2010, 11:51:33 PM »
I loved driving along that bridge and tunnel along the mouth of the Chesapeake. Wish I took pictures.  :hmm:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12280 on: June 30, 2010, 12:15:52 AM »
I loved driving along that bridge and tunnel along the mouth of the Chesapeake. Wish I took pictures.  :hmm:
Oh the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Quite an engineering marvel there. Its nearly 18 miles!

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12281 on: June 30, 2010, 11:46:34 AM »
Another engineering marvel you should've been in were the tunnels underneath the Poconos in PA. If you drive by I-476 up to Allentown/Poconos, you will go underneath a 2 mile tunnel right under the mountains with breathtaking scenery comprised of grassy hills, valleys and a small river as you exit the tunnel

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12282 on: June 30, 2010, 12:54:30 PM »
I've been through tunnels all along the I-95 megaopolis in the NE and the Chesapeke Bay Bridge Tunnel system, and it was a nice experience as we don't have tunnels down here. :(
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12283 on: June 30, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »
Tunnels are neat to drive through but can be a real problem if things go wrong.  I'd rather be on a bridge than in a tunnel if I have a choice.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12284 on: June 30, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
<3 tunnels. They're dark, and scary.. and fun.  :happy:  :bleh:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.