April 19, 2024, 07:51:12 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1760743 times)

Offline wxmancanada

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #10410 on: August 14, 2009, 12:26:59 PM »
From what I've seen from other people's stories and experience it is possible that twc's overprotective spam filters have black listed your email address... I'm not sure how to correct this.
You have to be added to the "whitelist" which involves emailing a note to admin@weather.com requesting to be added to said list. Sadly, this is a human/manual process and usually takes about a week.

Offline brbjambajuice

• Sunny!
    • View Profile
    • Grapple Website
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: nope
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22884
« Reply #10411 on: August 14, 2009, 03:44:20 PM »
Great pics, Joshua! :D The big bolts of lightning fascinate me too, although they can be a little startling at times.
Thanks everyone for such nice feedback, I wonder if one of these could actually show up on air on twc, that would be awesome :D

<-Also, like my new avatar? :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:46:40 PM by joshua87901 »

3:19 joshua8790: Who put the in n out secrets as topic? xD
3:30 joshua8790: Wow, power surge
3:31 SpringRubberMB: it's all of the burger greatness messing with your power
3:32 Ferret95|XP: eh vood lek du beh eh damburger!

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #10412 on: August 14, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »
so this weekend marks my last weekend in San Antonio as I head off to college, some of my friends left today...and i've come to the conclusion that...it sucks.

lol -- i hate saying goodbye, i hate hearing goodbye -- i actually prefer "later", as I see friends drive off into the direction of their college/university I can only wonder if we'll ever see each other again...although deep down I know we will for holidays such as Thanksgiving and Winter Break etc.

but still, adapting to this new environment I will be calling "home" next weekend is going to be tough, new people, new friends, new courses, new everything, part of me is excited...the other part of me is brought down with sadness.

a new chapter begins next weekend for myself, and other 09ers heading off to college (if your classes begin aug 24  :PB)

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #10413 on: August 14, 2009, 05:49:09 PM »
so this weekend marks my last weekend in San Antonio as I head off to college, some of my friends left today...and i've come to the conclusion that...it sucks.

lol -- i hate saying goodbye, i hate hearing goodbye -- i actually prefer "later", as I see friends drive off into the direction of their college/university I can only wonder if we'll ever see each other again...although deep down I know we will for holidays such as Thanksgiving and Winter Break etc.

but still, adapting to this new environment I will be calling "home" next weekend is going to be tough, new people, new friends, new courses, new everything, part of me is excited...the other part of me is brought down with sadness.

a new chapter begins next weekend for myself, and other 09ers heading off to college (if your classes begin aug 24  :PB)

Al, you're coming to a stage of sadness there. Some of us have been through it before. It's gonna a pretty tough weekend there so you'll get through it! Make sure you are also keeping in touch with them if you can. College is very exciting! But can also be very hard at times. I wish you a very successful year!
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: August 14, 2009, 06:55:35 PM »

I wish you the best of luck with a new life, Al. :biggrin: :thumbsup: I know it can be sad leaving all your friends and family. :cry:

BTW, what college are you attending? :dunno:

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #10415 on: August 15, 2009, 07:33:09 AM »
Yeah I started mine earlier last week (to the people who are leaving)  Luckiliy, my best friend is opting to stay here for a couple years, like myself, so that's nice.  But a lot of close friends are leaving :(.  And yes, it is sad.  But I am sure it'd be more sad if I was leaving too.  It must be mixed emotions, Al.  I am sure you are excited and nervous abotu college, sad about leaving friends and family.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #10416 on: August 15, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »
From what I've seen from other people's stories and experience it is possible that twc's overprotective spam filters have black listed your email address... I'm not sure how to correct this.
TWCs email system wont seem to accept files over about 4mb.

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #10417 on: August 15, 2009, 02:22:11 PM »
Al, you're coming to a stage of sadness there. Some of us have been through it before. It's gonna a pretty tough weekend there so you'll get through it! Make sure you are also keeping in touch with them if you can. College is very exciting! But can also be very hard at times. I wish you a very successful year!

will do B) thanks, Ana.

I wish you the best of luck with a new life, Al. :biggrin: :thumbsup: I know it can be sad leaving all your friends and family. :cry:

BTW, what college are you attending? :dunno:

thank andy! I'm attending Angelo State University in San Angelo for a while, and I may possibly transfer after two years, but i'm not too sure yet.

Yeah I started mine earlier last week (to the people who are leaving)  Luckiliy, my best friend is opting to stay here for a couple years, like myself, so that's nice.  But a lot of close friends are leaving :(.  And yes, it is sad.  But I am sure it'd be more sad if I was leaving too.  It must be mixed emotions, Al.  I am sure you are excited and nervous abotu college, sad about leaving friends and family.

you're so lucky. haha I wish my best friend was at least in sight of my university, but he's not. lol

we'll get through this, and we'll have a blast this first year...no doubt  :bleh: B)

Offline wxmancanada

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #10418 on: August 15, 2009, 05:17:36 PM »
TWCs email system wont seem to accept files over about 4mb.
I think it's 5MB, but none the less, I think that's only for iWitness weather and public accounts, etc...

Offline kpetree10

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 99910
  • SD Channel #: 15
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23277
« Reply #10419 on: August 16, 2009, 01:44:05 PM »
We were all posting our internet speeds a few pages back and I was at the Apple Store today so I took a speed test and this is what it was...

I wish I could get these speeds at home!

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: August 16, 2009, 01:54:10 PM »
We were all posting our internet speeds a few pages back and I was at the Apple Store today so I took a speed test and this is what it was...

:foolish:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #10421 on: August 16, 2009, 03:15:55 PM »

:faint: :faint: :faint: :wow: :wow: :wow:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: August 16, 2009, 04:20:15 PM »

So Apple gets the best internet just for its stores? <_< :P

MAN, those speeds are fast! :wow: :faint:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #10423 on: August 16, 2009, 04:22:18 PM »
Apple computers are typically fast.

Offline Stephen