March 29, 2024, 11:59:39 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1753730 times)

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #15090 on: September 12, 2015, 07:53:11 AM »

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #15091 on: September 12, 2015, 11:52:14 AM »
I think everyone will enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/thesplat/videos/759384737518263/

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that is. Is it a new TV channel? If so, that's going to be awesome. I hope they include some of the old game shows and live action shows too, and not just the cartoons.

I remember the Front Porch was teeming with activities summers ago when I was in High School. :( Either way, only 11 more days until the Pot Belly Stove opens, if anyone even cares lol :P
I know what you're talking about. This forum has gone down the tube... nothing like it once used to be. This place is so dead, I can hear the crickets echoing :bleh:

Curt, maybe the reason this forum has gone down the tube has something to do with how TWC itself has gone down the tube lol. Don't get me wrong, I still check in here every now and then, but I mainly browse the classic TWC forums. I have 0 interest in TWC as it is today. Now...if they move TWC back in the right direction (and canning AMHQ and WUWA was a great start), then maybe TWC will become watchable again. We'll have to see what happens.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #15092 on: September 12, 2015, 03:48:07 PM »
I think everyone will enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/thesplat/videos/759384737518263/

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that is. Is it a new TV channel? If so, that's going to be awesome. I hope they include some of the old game shows and live action shows too, and not just the cartoons.

I remember the Front Porch was teeming with activities summers ago when I was in High School. :( Either way, only 11 more days until the Pot Belly Stove opens, if anyone even cares lol :P
I know what you're talking about. This forum has gone down the tube... nothing like it once used to be. This place is so dead, I can hear the crickets echoing :bleh:

Curt, maybe the reason this forum has gone down the tube has something to do with how TWC itself has gone down the tube lol. Don't get me wrong, I still check in here every now and then, but I mainly browse the classic TWC forums. I have 0 interest in TWC as it is today. Now...if they move TWC back in the right direction (and canning AMHQ and WUWA was a great start), then maybe TWC will become watchable again. We'll have to see what happens.
I don't have much else to say except I agree. And yes I understand that people have lost interest in TWC, but there was a strong sense of community here that has gone **poof**.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #15093 on: September 13, 2015, 08:11:27 PM »
I still check in here regularly (not always logging on), but haven't really watched TWC at all since about 2012. I think the main reason is most of the user base, including myself, that helped form this community 10+ years ago stopped checking in and not enough newer users have joined on board to keep this active. I for one have been pretty busy lately... trying to transfer out to a university by the spring while at the same time trying to land a more stable place to make a living.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #15094 on: September 16, 2015, 04:27:52 PM »
This was the very first forum I joined on the internet. I just turned 18 when I joined, and now I'm almost 25. I try to keep in touch with the friends I made on here (Springy, Billy, etc), but being an adult with a high social life doesn't help as much haha.

I am still a Stephanie Abrams fan to this day, no matter what. She is just still badass. I do watch TWC occasionally but even the new timezone I'm living in (yay central time), I still haven't had the chance to check out the morning TV shows...the ones that air at 2 am in California. lol
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #15095 on: September 16, 2015, 08:20:48 PM »
These posts bring up another good point Curt. Our lives have changed greatly since these forums started. Most of us were probably teenagers or thereabouts when when we started hanging out on TWCC and TWCT. Now we're in our 20's and 30's, with jobs and families and the like. Most of us just are not in the same places in our lives that we once were.

On a different note, in reference to the earlier posts about The Splat, I STILL cannot figure out what it is. I've seen ten different reports, and ten different opinions as to whether its a channel or a programming block.  :wacko: :dunno:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #15096 on: September 16, 2015, 10:57:17 PM »
When I first came here, I was still in middle school about to enter 8th grade. Now I'm graduated from high school and into my second year of college. So yeah a lot had changed for me these past seven years for sure! :yes:

Also, like many others here, I cannot stand the direction TWC has gone into. I've moved on and away from TWC and onto other interests such as anime, Pokémon, and maybe a little Super Smash Bros? :P

It's great to see a lot of older members still around! :)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #15097 on: September 17, 2015, 05:58:38 AM »
On a different note, in reference to the earlier posts about The Splat, I STILL cannot figure out what it is. I've seen ten different reports, and ten different opinions as to whether its a channel or a programming block.  :wacko: :dunno:

I'm in the same boat! Both E! and MTV say Channel and Variety and Entertainment Weekly say Programming Block, i hope The Splat posts an update soon to clarify.

I really hope it's a 24/7 Channel dedicated to the 90s.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #15098 on: September 17, 2015, 07:03:43 PM »

I'm in the same boat! Both E! and MTV say Channel and Variety and Entertainment Weekly say Programming Block, i hope The Splat posts an update soon to clarify.

I really hope it's a 24/7 Channel dedicated to the 90s.

I'm bound to believe its a channel if MTV says so, since they are owned by Viacom, like Nickelodeon. I'd think they'd know better than anyone else.  :unsure:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #15099 on: September 17, 2015, 09:51:20 PM »
If it's a programming block, doesn't it make this essentially a carbon copy of The 90's are All That? :thinking:

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #15100 on: September 18, 2015, 01:25:43 AM »
If it's a programming block, doesn't it make this essentially a carbon copy of The 90's are All That? :thinking:

Yep, Then i wouldn't understand all the hype with barely no answers from the official social media accounts.

We'll see since they've been posting sporadic updates in the past few days with some hints of what's coming.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15101 on: September 25, 2015, 06:21:57 PM »
It's been great to hear from some of our veteran members again! :wave:  I hope you all will continue to stop by every once in awhile.  For now, please join the conversation over in the Pot Belly Stove as fall has officially arrived.  We will see everyone back here on March 20, 2016 for the start of spring!

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #15102 on: May 02, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »
A little late starting the front porch, been kind of cool where I'm at in the Mid-Atlantic!

Happy 34th Birthday to TWC!

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #15103 on: May 02, 2016, 11:59:11 PM »
It's...been cold here today in Houston.  :blink:

Also hi. Just visiting! :wave:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #15104 on: June 23, 2016, 09:15:57 AM »
Congratulations, Cleveland Cavaliers!  LeBron and Irving took the frost off of Curry's mug.  It's refreshing to see traditional basketball triumph over endless 3-point obsession.  Threes are good if you can make them, but fast breaks are fine too.