April 27, 2024, 08:36:33 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1770032 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #11505 on: May 07, 2010, 08:47:56 PM »
I just got promoted from "Newbie" to "Junior," and decided to take advantage of this occasion by doing the happy dance.   :dance:  :thrilled:  :clap:  :rofl:

We now return you to regularly scheduled programming.  :wave:

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #11506 on: May 07, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »
hehe, congrats :biggrin:

I remember how much of a big deal that was to me when I started becoming active here a little over a year ago.
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:46 PM »
So excited... it looks like I will be touring my NBC affiliate's studio in the coming weeks! :D
Neat! I could very easily tour mine as I've been by it on the south side hundreds of times, but then again, I don't know if they give tours.
I don't think ours usually does either, but my friend and I have became very well known for giving the forecast for our school's morning show. One of the teachers at my school likes it so much that she called channel 10 and asked about sending us there to tour the building, be at the audience for the 10 show, meet Glenn Schwartz (who was at TWC for a short time), and possibly interview about our forecasts for our school. Naturally channel 10 (and us) said YES! :)

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #11508 on: May 07, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »
Well, tomorrow, I have the joy of waking up at 5:00 A.M. to get ready for a choir trip to Six Flags St. Louis...eek. Weather looks okay...unless I decide to ride some water rides. Then it'll be chilly. :P

phw115wvwx

« Reply #11509 on: May 07, 2010, 11:41:00 PM »
Have fun, Jonathan!  I've never been to a Six Flags in my life.  The only amusement parks that I've ever been to are Kings Dominion in VA and Hershey Park in PA.  Is Six Flags just like any other amusement park, or is there something unique that makes them special?

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #11510 on: May 08, 2010, 12:34:24 AM »
So excited... it looks like I will be touring my NBC affiliate's studio in the coming weeks! :D
Neat! I could very easily tour mine as I've been by it on the south side hundreds of times, but then again, I don't know if they give tours.
I don't think ours usually does either, but my friend and I have became very well known for giving the forecast for our school's morning show. One of the teachers at my school likes it so much that she called channel 10 and asked about sending us there to tour the building, be at the audience for the 10 show, meet Glenn Schwartz (who was at TWC for a short time), and possibly interview about our forecasts for our school. Naturally channel 10 (and us) said YES! :)
Have fun, Mike!  You will be surprised (or maybe not, who knows.. haha) how much work goes into making a newscast.  It is simply amazing!  If you ever get a chance to follow someone around for their whole day, do it! 

Speaking of tests, my friend and I decided to change eachothers facebook passwords so that we would get our papers done, and study for finals.  So we will both be facebook-less for 11 days.  I have gone 14 hours without it, and I am surprisingly okay.  I accomplished a lot at work today (at the times I would likely be on facebook :P ).  So, hopefully not having facebook will improve my work for school.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
« Reply #11511 on: May 08, 2010, 12:52:59 AM »
Have fun, Jonathan!  I've never been to a Six Flags in my life.  The only amusement parks that I've ever been to are Kings Dominion in VA and Hershey Park in PA.  Is Six Flags just like any other amusement park, or is there something unique that makes them special?

It's like any other amusement park, but it has some thrilling rides (and I mean thrilling  :thrilled:) I've never been to Six Flags, either. I don't really dare myself to go, either. :P

Also, I've recieved a couple of PMs from some of you here... I'll try to respond them as soon as I can. Today was hell in terms of internet problems. Glad I got it fixed soon instead of panicking myself. :P
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: May 08, 2010, 01:10:25 AM »
Wow Patrick, Kings Dominion is right around the corner from where all my 2nd cousins live in Doswell! :thrilled:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: May 08, 2010, 09:13:17 AM »
I don't like roller coasters... haven't been on one in like ten years.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #11514 on: May 08, 2010, 09:14:29 AM »
Well, tomorrow, I have the joy of waking up at 5:00 A.M. to get ready for a choir trip to Six Flags St. Louis...eek. Weather looks okay...unless I decide to ride some water rides. Then it'll be chilly. :P

Enjoy the Sights and i'm going to Six Flags New England on May 29th! Can't wait for that day to come.

I haven't went in 4 years and hopefully i get to try out every ride at the park

Especially Scream!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:17:10 AM by Gt1racer47HD »

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: May 08, 2010, 09:42:24 AM »
Six Flags Great Adventure is about 45 minutes or so from here. In fact, the 9th and 10th graders are going there today. 8th graders usually go there too at the end of the school year.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:06 AM »
[see attached photos in original post]
Interesting Wintry Mix icons and such...

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #11517 on: May 08, 2010, 01:07:24 PM »
The black boxes from Air France Flight 447 have been 'localized' in a mountainous area of the Atlantic Ocean. They have not been retrieved and found yet but equipment has detected signals from the area of the black boxes in the zone. One person calls the mission , "like finding a shoebox in the middle of Paris"
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/05/06/2892426.htm

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
« Reply #11518 on: May 08, 2010, 02:41:07 PM »
ehhh... 5.0 earthquake just now. Ugh, I'm getting sick and tired of them.  :thumbdown:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: May 08, 2010, 02:46:24 PM »
ehhh... 5.0 earthquake just now. Ugh, I'm getting sick and tired of them.  :thumbdown:
I noticed you're still getting earthquakes and aftershocks everyday (ranging from 3.5-5.0). :wacko: