March 29, 2024, 07:40:48 AM

Author Topic: Straight Talk Wal-Mart  (Read 6554 times)

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Straight Talk Wal-Mart
« on: December 15, 2014, 08:02:33 PM »
Anyone have this?  Is it worth it?  Good or bad?

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Re: Straight Talk Wal-Mart
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 12:31:26 AM »
I use Net10 and pay only $15 a month plus taxes.  I don't talk on the phone much at all to begin with, but this is a pretty good deal for me.

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:32:20 PM »
I use Net10 and pay only $15 a month plus taxes.  I don't talk on the phone much at all to begin with, but this is a pretty good deal for me.
Does that include, unlimited internet, text, and calls?

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »
Does that include, unlimited internet, text, and calls?

No, for $15 I get 200 minutes a month.  I use the phone so rarely, though, that I have over 1,000 minutes accumulated in my account.  Unlimited plans start at $40 a month.

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 02:41:43 AM »
Disclaimer: I work at Walmart.

For what it is, Straight Talk is one of the better deals for wireless service out there. Unlimited talk and text, plus 3 GB full-speed data is pretty good for $45/month. If you compare that to AT&T or Verizon Prepaid, for example, you get a lot more full-speed data. IMO, their only downside is the customer service. They're owned by TracFone, and all of their tech support/customer service is overseas, many of which are difficult to understand. They all read from a script and will not budge if you have a problem. After dealing with many of the wireless companies on a daily basis, they're one of the more difficult companies to deal with.
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 06:51:16 AM »
For what it is, Straight Talk is one of the better deals for wireless service out there. Unlimited talk and text, plus 3 GB full-speed data is pretty good for $45/month.

Net10, also in the Tracfone family, starts its unlimited service at $40 a month.

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 07:45:58 PM »

For what it is, Straight Talk is one of the better deals for wireless service out there. Unlimited talk and text, plus 3 GB full-speed data is pretty good for $45/month. If you compare that to AT&T or Verizon Prepaid, for example, you get a lot more full-speed data. IMO, their only downside is the customer service. They're owned by TracFone, and all of their tech support/customer service is overseas, many of which are difficult to understand. They all read from a script and will not budge if you have a problem. After dealing with many of the wireless companies on a daily basis, they're one of the more difficult companies to deal with.

With all the years I've had a TracFone, I've never had to use customer service.  Completely satisfied with TraceFone.

Offline luesjo12

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 35644
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 09:41:56 AM »

With all the years I've had a TracFone, I've never had to use customer service.  Completely satisfied with TraceFone.
TracFone is a great company for getting started in the Mobile phone world or if you want a budget, low-cost carrier. I have had issues with Customer service once or twice as the sort-of friendly representatives. (I asked for a new SIM card, and ended up Paying them 5 dollars for a free SIM card) Overall tracfone is a good company.

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 11:32:18 PM »
IIRC, you can buy a $30/month card that has, 1500 minuets and unlimited text.  Straight talk. 

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 12:12:08 AM »
IIRC, you can buy a $30/month card that has, 1500 minuets and unlimited text.  Straight talk.
Correct. Just a note to keep in mind, this plan is not available on smartphones. It only works on basic/flip/quick message phones.
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 08:30:17 PM »
Correct. Just a note to keep in mind, this plan is not available on smartphones. It only works on basic/flip/quick message phones.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.