April 19, 2024, 04:42:39 PM

Author Topic: Sports Thread  (Read 70641 times)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Sports Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »
Alright, here are my predictions for this weekends NFL championship games:

Eagles 17 Cardinals 14-The Cardinals haven't been here in almost half a century. I don't think their going to make it any further. Their defense is pitiful. The only reason they've made it this far is because of a couple of good receivers. Kurt Warner is at the end of his career, and he wouldn't even be playing had the starting QB not gotten hurt. But if Donovan McNabb reverts to his old ways from earlier in the season Arizona could pull it out.

Ravens 10 Steelers 6-This game is going to be all defense for both sides. Both sides are going to be hitting hard, and I think that if the Ravens can hit Big Ben it's going to play to their advantage. Joe Flacco has been ironclad all postseason, and I think it'll take a bus to rattle him. Also, the Ravens have had 0 turnovers in the postseason. If they can continue to protect the ball like that Pittsburgh doesn't have a prayer. Hopefully since this is a playoff game the refs will be sure not to be the deciding factor. If there's a time when the players should decide the game and not the ref, this is it. Both teams have reliable kickers, so if it comes down to field goals we could very well be looking at the need for an extra quarter to decide it. But the deciding factor in this game is ultimately going to be determination. Your going to have to kill Ray Lewis and company, because their going to do everything possible to keep us from losing 3 straight to the Steelers. Neither offense is terribly great, but I believe ours is better-last week we played a defense that was light years better than the Chargers. So before the Steelers fans got too excited about last weeks win, they should have bore in mind who they played. Don't expect a rout this week.

Super Bowl-Ravens vs. Eagles

Offline WeatherSTARIII

• TWC fan 1991-2005
  • Legacy STAR fan
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2009, 11:02:22 PM »
Alright, here are my predictions for this weekends NFL championship games:

Eagles 17 Cardinals 14-The Cardinals haven't been here in almost half a century. I don't think their going to make it any further. Their defense is pitiful. The only reason they've made it this far is because of a couple of good receivers. Kurt Warner is at the end of his career, and he wouldn't even be playing had the starting QB not gotten hurt. But if Donovan McNabb reverts to his old ways from earlier in the season Arizona could pull it out.

Ravens 10 Steelers 6-This game is going to be all defense for both sides. Both sides are going to be hitting hard, and I think that if the Ravens can hit Big Ben it's going to play to their advantage. Joe Flacco has been ironclad all postseason, and I think it'll take a bus to rattle him. Also, the Ravens have had 0 turnovers in the postseason. If they can continue to protect the ball like that Pittsburgh doesn't have a prayer. Hopefully since this is a playoff game the refs will be sure not to be the deciding factor. If there's a time when the players should decide the game and not the ref, this is it. Both teams have reliable kickers, so if it comes down to field goals we could very well be looking at the need for an extra quarter to decide it. But the deciding factor in this game is ultimately going to be determination. Your going to have to kill Ray Lewis and company, because their going to do everything possible to keep us from losing 3 straight to the Steelers. Neither offense is terribly great, but I believe ours is better-last week we played a defense that was light years better than the Chargers. So before the Steelers fans got too excited about last weeks win, they should have bore in mind who they played. Don't expect a rout this week.

Super Bowl-Ravens vs. Eagles
I agree with the Cardinals not winning. I just wish the "football Cardinals" would move back to St. Louis and reunite with the baseball Cardinals.

Anyways, my AFC championship predictions:

Steelers 15, Ravens 9

Super Bowl: Eagles vs. Steelers.
Classic TWC, Weatherscan, legacy WeatherSTARs, and classic Prevue/TV Guide fan.

R.I.P. Weatherscan: 1999-2022

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2009, 12:13:20 AM »
You know, I've seen alot of people talking the Steelers up because of how they beat the Chargers. Come on, we all know the Chargers D couldn't hold a candle to ours. If the Steelers think their going to repeat last weeks performance, their in for a very rude awakening. Ed Reed is going to make them pay dearly.

And beating us three times in a season is the equivalent of climbing Mt. Everest in a blizzard-damn near impossible.This is going to be hell on earth. They'd better have every ambulance in Pittsburgh at Heinz. They're gonna need them.

Offline Ericster88

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: WOW!
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2009, 04:11:30 PM »
I went 1-3 on predictions last week.  :pinch:

Here are my predictions:

Eagles 31 
Cardinals 24 - The Cardinals defense will finally get exposed and the Eagles defense will do a good job of putting pressure on Warner which should result in a couple of turnovers.

Ravens 9
Steelers 14 - Both defenses are great but Pittsburgh is better offensively.  The Steelers won't have as many turnovers as the Titans or Dolphins so the Ravens will have a very hard time scoring.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2009, 06:06:18 PM »
I just found out from the local news stations that BOTH GM Bruce Allen and Head Coach Jon Gruden got fired from the Buccaneers!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :thrilled:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2009, 06:12:48 PM »
I went 1-3 on predictions last week.  :pinch:

Here are my predictions:

Eagles 31 
Cardinals 24 - The Cardinals defense will finally get exposed and the Eagles defense will do a good job of putting pressure on Warner which should result in a couple of turnovers.

Ravens 9
Steelers 14 - Both defenses are great but Pittsburgh is better offensively.  The Steelers won't have as many turnovers as the Titans or Dolphins so the Ravens will have a very hard time scoring.

Their no better than us on offense. Joe Flacco can stack up to Big Ben, as can Ray Rice, Laron McClain and Derrick Mason to Ward, Holmes, and Parker. People say we're at a disadvantage because we're tired. Phooey. Their grown men. They know they've got a job to do, and their going to go out there and play their hearts out, tired or not.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2009, 06:41:02 PM »
I just found out from the local news stations that BOTH GM Bruce Allen and Head Coach Jon Gruden got fired from the Buccaneers!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :thrilled:
ok?

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2009, 06:22:35 PM »
Arizona Cardinals win the NFC Championship, 35-24. Ravens @ Steelers begins in about 10 minutes.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2009, 06:27:52 PM »
That sucks. :( But for some reason, I knew the Eagles wouldn't make it anyways.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2009, 06:40:58 PM »
Let the game begin!  :dance: :dance:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »
Steelers lead 6-0 right now, but just got dealt a huge blow-Hines Ward got hurt and may not return!

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2009, 07:31:58 PM »
Ravens get a fumble, and Big Ben is hurt! The backup is warming up!  :dance: :dance:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2009, 07:41:22 PM »
This is totally unbelieveable. The Steelers are gonna beat us three times.....

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2009, 07:47:16 PM »
And now the referee is doing exactly what I feared-giving the game to the Steelers.  :rolleyes:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2009, 08:15:44 PM »
TOUCHDOWN RAVENS!!!!!  :dance: :dance: :dance: