April 28, 2024, 01:25:25 AM

Author Topic: Special "Ace of Cakes" episode on Food Network  (Read 1222 times)

Offline NYCTWCjunkie

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 454
  • SD Channel #: 204
  • SD WxStar ID #: 20900
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Special "Ace of Cakes" episode on Food Network
« on: August 28, 2008, 03:33:15 PM »
Hey guys, I thought I'd give a heads up to anyone I know here that may be interested in a great story.

Tonight (August 28th) at 10:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Food Network will show a brand-new episode of Ace of Cakes about two hockey fans that recently got married and had a unique wedding cake make just for them. It is in the shape of the Stanley Cup, the hardest trophy to win in all of sports.

What makes this special is how they met and that they went to such great length to make their wedding unforgettable.

I blogged about it last month if you want to check it out.

But I also have a favor to ask anyone here at TWC Today or at TWC Classics that has the ability to do this. Unfortunately I haven't been able to buy a new PC just yet and don't have a TV tuner. If any of you tune in to the show, would you be able to record it? The bride had been asking me and anybody else I post with a hockey forum we're a part of for help, but I thought I might be able to turn to one of you as a backup just in case. Please let me know if this is possible or if you can. I appreciate this if it ends up done and needed.

Hope you enjoy the show and let me know what you think of my blog entry and the episode!

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
Re: Special "Ace of Cakes" episode on Food Network
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:35:17 PM »
i'll see if i can record it if i get a chance on my VCR. How long is the show? And you want the entire show recorded?

Offline NYCTWCjunkie

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:38:40 PM »
The show is just 30 minutes. The whole thing just in case, but I'm mainly looking for a recording covering all of what Food Network shows on the Capitals fans' Stanley Cup cake. I assume it's for the whole show, I'll need to go with that option for now.

Thanks for any help.  :)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:42:42 PM »
I'll see I don't know if i can do it though  . :no:

Offline NYCTWCjunkie

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 10:57:19 PM »
Not a problem. Again, I appreciate you offering to help me out. I may now have another source in which to get a video clip (probably highlights) from the show.

By the way, it repeats at 1AM (about 2 hours from the time I write this post) and then some other re-airings between now and mid-October.