April 16, 2024, 02:50:14 PM

Author Topic: Something you love, and loathe about TWC  (Read 2763 times)

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • SD Channel #: 46
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Something you love, and loathe about TWC
« on: May 12, 2016, 01:41:20 PM »
I've always meant to ask this, and I suddenly decided to do it.

What I love : The whole idea of having people on air talking about weather, a whole channel (albeit semi dedicated to 100% weather) about hail and tornadoes and people who live to talk about it, track it and forecast. It just means something that we have something like TWC to discuss and play around with their segments and graphics. I think I love the whole idea of it in general. :) Also the local on the 8's, its just fun when they come on, even if I watched 14 today already. :) Having them get off the air to show you your local forecast, I don't know just feels like a big thing to me still. :)

What I loathe : News,  :angry: I would have turned on channel 6 news had I wanted to hear about something going on in the world. I get it they want to be a weather focused news network, but at the same time I'd like to hear more about the stormy setup we've had more than Windowless planes, just saying. I can't say I'm *thrilled* with the current graphics either, plus they seem to be getting VERY stale. They get the job done in a very quick clean and simple fashion, so I can't complain on that end. :)

Offline texasstooge

• Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • HD Channel #: 37
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 037
Re: Something you love, and loathe about TWC
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 12:33:25 AM »
I think you summed up what I wanna say on both sides as well. If I want news, I can tune to WFAA-TV in my vicinity.

Offline TechKitten

• Been waiting for years.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 20897
  • WxScan Ch. #: 131
Re: Something you love, and loathe about TWC
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 05:53:26 PM »
Something I love: the IntelliStar 2 Jr. it is the closest to the original IS we have
Something I hate: The IntelliStar 2 XD, it makes SD HD, defeats the purpose of a CRT.