March 28, 2024, 04:55:11 AM

Author Topic: Missing file Help!  (Read 4775 times)

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Missing file Help!
« on: July 31, 2016, 02:54:41 AM »
I wonder if there is a chance anyone could help me here. I am searching for two files that I came across online a few years back but can't seem to find them.

The first is the Intellistar base map that I found on a web server directory about 2 years ago. I think it was titled XL basemap and along with that there was a WeatherStar 4000 radar basemap. Plus the directory had a huge list of the WUWA Intellistar narrations.

Secondly, there was a file posted on here by Robert https://twctodayforums.com/forums/twc-fan-art/my-drawings/90/ which included all the XL animated icons. The download link was http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K1EM0QJ4 but the US Government shut down the Megaupload site around 5 years ago. Does anyone know where I can find those icons, or do I have to recreate them myself?

Thirdly for those with a WeatherStar XL emulator's (TWCZach, toxictwister00, Intelliguy (Mike) .etc) where did you get the cloud background from? The ones online are fuzzy and have a strange blue gradient on the left, where as your emulations don't?

Thanks for any help you may provide.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:56:48 AM by weatherfan_2013 »

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Missing file Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »
twcfan68 gave me the XL BG, it had TWC logo on it. I cropped that off so I could be able to use that same bg for IS emulations.

The original and cropped versions are attached below.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:46:17 PM »
twcfan68 gave me the XL BG, it had TWC logo on it. I cropped that off so I could be able to use that same bg for IS emulations.

The original and cropped versions are attached below.

Awesome! Thanks so much! Now if I can find that base map. Also Animated Icons if possible. That base map that I'm talking about looked something like this on the site but with the XL terrain.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 08:27:42 PM »
The graphics you're speaking of are directly from Weather STAR units themselves and are to not be distributed unless exceptional permission is given either from the creator or The Weather Channel themselves. We as a fan site have had trouble in the past with distribution of official graphic files from TWC, so there probably won't be any distribution of files any further.

However, that doesn't mean you can't recreate them. :thumbsup:

-Zach (TWCZach)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 10:07:34 AM »
Dang! That's too bad.  :(  I'll continue to work on the graphics and try to think of something.