March 28, 2024, 05:30:20 PM

Author Topic: Playstation/Wii -Video Games  (Read 67305 times)

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Playstation/Wii -Video Games
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2016, 09:01:37 AM »
Nintendo's unfortunately going to go the way of Sega if they keep playing around with these fancy new consoles instead of concentrating on what really matters.  That is to say, the games!  At this rate, I expect that five years down the road you'll see a Zelda game on the (speculative) new PS5 or XB2 developed by Nintendo for those systems because there may not be a Nintendo console.

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • SD Channel #: 46
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2016, 11:02:20 AM »
I am becoming less hopeful for more MK8 content, it seemed a little too good to be true....  :cry:  but it's nice to see that they even stated no VR and games ARE coming. Here's to really hoping for Luigis Mansion 3. I'm no Zelda fan, but how did Breath of the Wild strike you?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2016, 02:08:05 PM »
Nintendo's unfortunately going to go the way of Sega if they keep playing around with these fancy new consoles instead of concentrating on what really matters.  That is to say, the games!  At this rate, I expect that five years down the road you'll see a Zelda game on the (speculative) new PS5 or XB2 developed by Nintendo for those systems because there may not be a Nintendo console.

I'm afraid you may be right. If the NX ends up in the same boat as the Wii U, it may be time for them to seriously consider getting out of the console business and just focus on software (games) and maybe handhelds. In comparison to the Wii U, the 3DS has done remarkably well, selling over 60 million units despite having a rocky first year on the market 5 years ago. The only problem is I think Nintendo would rather see pigs fly and hell freeze over before they publish and distribute one single Mario or Zelda game on a Playstation or XBOX system. :lol:

I am becoming less hopeful for more MK8 content, it seemed a little too good to be true....  :cry:  but it's nice to see that they even stated no VR and games ARE coming. Here's to really hoping for Luigis Mansion 3. I'm no Zelda fan, but how did Breath of the Wild strike you?

Breath of the Wild may be the first Day 1 buy for me since MK8 on the Wii U. I'm impressed with what I've seen from E3 footage from Nintendo/GameXplain. Open world suits the Zelda series very well. Plus the music in this game is just...awesome! I'm in love with that alone. :wub: There's a million other things I could list that I like from what I've seen so far, but I don't want this post to get too much longer. :P

This is my favorite one that I've heard from the E3 demo.
! No longer available

One hilariously weird thing I learned about the game
-Apparently Link can be played naked.  :blink: I'm assuming it's "underwear" naked and not true "bare butt" naked, but who knows it could be both. Link is out in the open wild after all. :lol:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2016, 05:07:31 PM »
but it's nice to see that they even stated no VR and games ARE coming.

No VR, and I hope it stays that way, unless the VR doesn't detract from the quality of games that are made.  VR just doesn't appeal to me right now.  I want to play games just to play them, not because I want them to look exactly like real life.  If I want to see real life, I'll step outside and get some sunshine (if that's still a thing).  When I want to kick back and play a game, I'm not always concerned about it looking like reality.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:15:40 PM by Metarvo »

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2016, 11:31:02 PM »
They're just prototype designs, but the possible portable component to the NX looks like the 3DS, minus dual screens.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/patent_reinforces_the_prospect_of_nintendo_nx_having_a_portable_handset

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2016, 10:22:06 PM »
What a neat (and random) release coming from Nintendo later this year.

They're re-releasing the NES console (in miniature form) with 30 classic NES games.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/nintendo_entertainment_system_nes_classic_edition_coming_this_november_ships_with_30_games

NintenGamers Nation

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2016, 07:34:57 AM »
Yes I saw that last night, they've already got my money. :) I am hoping down the road we see , like N64, gamecube treatments too. It would be literally awesome for them to release a new Gambon but with a backlog screen and pre downloaded games just for the fun of it.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2016, 09:39:39 AM »
Yes I saw that last night, they've already got my money. :) I am hoping down the road we see , like N64, gamecube treatments too. It would be literally awesome for them to release a new Gambon but with a backlog screen and pre downloaded games just for the fun of it.

If the SNES were to get a re-release like this then I would be sold. :D SNES will always hold a special place in my heart since it's the first Nintendo console I played on as a little kid back in the 90s. I love to be able to play on one again even if it is modernized from the original SNES.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2016, 10:25:54 PM »
Wow, I guess there's hope for Nintendo after all.  I've got to have this!  :yes:

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2016, 12:35:44 AM »
Ugghhgh I just saw my spelling, never make a post on your phone at 7:30 in the morning during a period of half sleep. :)

Game boy and back lit.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2016, 08:27:59 PM »
I'm glad I decided to wait on getting Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon after hearing this today....
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/08/nintendo_of_america_expands_nintendo_selects_range_and_unveils_small_new_3ds_bundle

If only my gut feeling had of told me to wait a year longer on the 3DS, I could have saved 50 bucks. <_< :P
Seriously though, I really like the white version w/ the face plates even though it's a smaller version of the black one I have.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2016, 05:04:59 PM »
Well do you have the New Nintendo 3ds xl or just the xl , I really like the white New 3ds I almost bought it with Animal Crossing Happy Home designer back in October last year, but saw the poor reviews of Happy Home and opted out. But I really like the Mario themed Plates and the New selects line. Plus I really like the multicolored buttons and c-stick added back in.  :thumbsup:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2016, 10:15:51 PM »
Well do you have the New Nintendo 3ds xl or just the xl , I really like the white New 3ds I almost bought it with Animal Crossing Happy Home designer back in October last year, but saw the poor reviews of Happy Home and opted out. But I really like the Mario themed Plates and the New selects line. Plus I really like the multicolored buttons and c-stick added back in.  :thumbsup:

Black New 3DS XL, the white just stands out more which makes it look nicer that's all. I think Japan already had that smaller white New 3DS XL version for a while now.

Also I'm tempted to get that Captain Toad + Amiibo bundle. Not sure if the game is all that good or not, I mainly want it for the Toad Amiibo (for collection purposes).

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2016, 02:24:55 PM »
@SO7430 - Have you played Wii Party U and if so is it any good?

NintenGamers Nation

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2016, 03:19:54 PM »
No, never have, actually forgot about that title. :) I know Wii Party was fantastic so if that's anything to go off of.