March 29, 2024, 05:16:52 AM

Author Topic: NYC Climate March: The Aftermath  (Read 5562 times)

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21805
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
NYC Climate March: The Aftermath
« on: September 23, 2019, 08:56:59 PM »
Some of these pictures are absolutely horrifying.  And the litterbugs who created this mess actually want us to believe that they care about the planet!

I completely understand that NYC may be partially responsible for this.  I have no idea how many trash recepticles there are in that area. 

One person at least made an attempt to stuff their sign into a recycling bin, but most didn't; and as far as I'm concerned, there is NO excuse for that (other than pure laziness).  If there is no place for you to dispose of your sign, take it home with you and dispose of it there... don't just leave it on the ground for somebody else to deal with it.  Too bad they can't fine every one of these LOSERS for littering.

These people talk the talk, but they obviously don't walk the walk.  Actions speak MUCH louder than words.

So much for clearing up the Planet!
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline Stephen

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
Re: NYC Climate March: The Aftermath
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 11:50:46 PM »
To clarify, this is not from this past weekend's climate march. This was in 2014. (Date of article is 22 September 2014)

That being said it's still disgusting to see this. And unfortunately it's this kind of thing, which certainly isn't representative of this cause as a whole, that make people not take climate change as serious of an issue that it is. :no:

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 09:03:52 PM »
To clarify, this is not from this past weekend's climate march. This was in 2014. (Date of article is 22 September 2014)

Didn't even notice the date, thanks.

It sure does make these people look like this look like hypocrites.
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 08:53:29 PM »
I've been thinking about this.  The person who put their sign in the recycling container is sincere.

The people who just threw their garbage on the ground and left their empty cups on top of a mailbox (I wonder how many were thrown inside?) fall into one of the following categories...

1. People who have an emotional need to feel relevant or to feel good about themselves.  It feels sexy to feel like you're saving the planet... I get it.
2. People who are there because it's THE thing to do.  Like when we were in high school and we did things because... "all the cool kids are doing it."
3. Professional protesters who are bussed in and often times paid to be there.

Some kids actually got out of school to attend this most recent protest.  I get that too.  I once went to count absentee ballots on a school day. I really didn't give a crap about what I was doing, all I cared about was the excused absence from school (and the whopping 15 bucks I was paid for my services, but the cash was just gravy).
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war