May 06, 2024, 07:57:42 PM

Author Topic: New Years Resolutions  (Read 7561 times)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: New Years Resolutions
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2008, 01:36:37 AM »
Mike, you should've left well enough alone to begin with. You were young and not nearly done growing. You would've grown into that weight easily.

Me, I'm still around 120 and I'm 5'9" and 23 years old. Thing is, I'm built pretty small, so even though I only weigh 120 I don't look terribly thin. Even if I am a little underweight, I'm content. Gaining weight has proven difficult for me, even on the kind of food I eat. I just have a very high metabolism. That, and I've always been very active. As quickly as I take calories in, I burn them right back off.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2008, 01:40:14 AM »
Me, I'm still around 120 and I'm 5'9" and 23 years old. Thing is, I'm built pretty small, so even though I only weigh 120 I don't look terribly thin. Even if I am a little underweight, I'm content. Gaining weight has proven difficult for me, even on the kind of food I eat. I just have a very high metabolism. That, and I've always been very active. As quickly as I take calories in, I burn them right back off.
Lucky you! It looks like I have a toung on my stomach! I HATE THAT THING! I've been trying to get rid of it for years but just wont! :angry: :cry:

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2008, 02:15:14 AM »
Mike, you should've left well enough alone to begin with. You were young and not nearly done growing. You would've grown into that weight easily.

even with eating Wendy's for lunch every day (or so it seems from your blog posts) you're not gaining weight?  :blink: even my fast metabolism is beginning to deminish and I'm only 19 :(

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2008, 09:40:52 AM »

I'm the exact same way - metabolism off the charts.
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2008, 10:31:44 AM »
1. Do better in school
2. lose A TON OF WEIGHT!!!

I am only 12, and weigh 120ish pounds. I dont like it to be honest... :cry3:
That's not overweight at all. When I was 11 I was 130 pounds, and was probably only just slightly overweight. Keep in mind that being overweight or underweight also depends on your height, not just your age. I was pretty tall even during my later elementary school years so I was probably a bit heavier than the average 10-11 year old, but not necessarily overweight.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »

even with eating Wendy's for lunch every day (or so it seems from your blog posts) you're not gaining weight?  :blink: even my fast metabolism is beginning to deminish and I'm only 19 :(

Yep, even with that. I guess it has at least a LITTLE to do with WHAT I eat. I usually get the chicken nugget combo, so I'm betting that there are FAR unhealthier things on the menu then that.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2008, 12:12:24 PM »
I need to lose weight. I don;t know how I'm gaining weight if I'm barely eating. And I take a walk every morning.

Offline LFMusicRocks

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2008, 02:21:27 PM »
1. Get my driver's license, or AT LEAST my permit
2. Become more social and open
3. GAIN weight (yeah, you heard me right)
4. Overcome my fear of talking to the girl I 'like' :P

I'm planning to get my permit sometime next year, but as for your fear of talking to the girl you 'like', maybe in this case, I feel the same way as you, so maybe what if that girl rejects you or something, that's probably one reason I wouldn't prefer telling that one girl I like "I like you" or something. Either way, do what's best for you. Just giving you advice.

I don't know about Derek, but in my case, that describes my problem to a T. I have so many doubts its not even funny. What if she laughs? What if she thinks I'm ugly? What if she already HAS a boyfriend? What if she just blows me off? I'm just afraid that I'll be humiliated or rejected.  :ninja:

You know something, that's a good point, What if she says that to you? I feel that it may happen, so it's very hard to overcome that fear.  I've been forced to talk to many girls, and ask them out, but I was very nervous and shy to ask them, plus I didn't even feel comfortable when I was forced.

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • SD Channel #: 61
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2008, 04:49:54 PM »
I need to lose weight. I don;t know how I'm gaining weight if I'm barely eating. And I take a walk every morning.
That's probably your problem right there. Strangely enough, I've heard that when you DON'T eat, you can actually end up gaining weight. :yes:
WeatherSTAR 4000 radar map - last updated 11/25/08 at 11:15 PM PDT

Youtube - Myspace - FileFront

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2008, 04:54:33 PM »
That's probably your problem right there. Strangely enough, I've heard that when you DON'T eat, you can actually end up gaining weight. :yes:
Most likely because of your body's cravings. Also when you don't eat, it's important not to overeat another meal. Eating a large meals after skipping lunch or breakfast isn't wise, as you can quickly gain those calories and pounds.

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
    • Thecoolwriter's Facebook
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »
I'm going to lose me some weight myself :yes:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2008, 06:03:13 PM »
I'm going to lose me some weight myself :yes:
Wow Tiffany, I haven't seen you in weeks.