March 28, 2024, 07:23:21 AM

Author Topic: My Scripted Series  (Read 18866 times)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: My Scripted Series
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »
With the exception of a S8 episode called "April Fool's Is No Laughing Matter" any future episodes I post here over the next few months will be from my 1st Season. My revised list for the episode descriptions are below.

Stoop-idly Misguided Family
SEASON ONE REVISED
Last Updated: March 12, 2012
NOTE: The order of the episodes have changed. The episodes moved to a new episode number are in red.

1. Pilot/Never Trust Well Paid Doctors (COMPLETED - 12th Draft Literally)
(Daniel finally gets the courage to ask his boss for a raise unfortunately drunk and ends up jobless as a result. Not only have that, but the family runs amuck while at the police department’s ski trip.  Now the Stoop family is left with no choice but to go to family therapy. While their secrets come out, not just among the family but with their suddenly shady therapist.)

2. The Christmas Period (COMPLETED/2ND DRAFT)
(It’s three days before Christmas and hormones are running high as Ana has her period for the first time which excites her mom Kara because it’s a step into official womanhood in her book, but it terrifies her dad Daniel who knows how emotionally edgy women can get during those times. Meanwhile the family and their friends decide to go to the mountains for the holidays, but things are turning sour when the guys are trapped in the cabin with four hormonal, sex driven women alongside them)

3. Playing Hookey, Getting a Hookey (New Revised Title - COMPLETED/2ND DRAFT)
(When Daniel, Jason, Ana and Dean go to a baseball game playing hookey from work and school, a fly ball hits Jason in the face. People start talking and assume Daniel is abusing his son. They both deny the rumors but they eventually have to tell the truth that they skipped work and school to stop the rumors from continuing.)

4. Bad, Bad Cheerleading Mom (COMPLETED/1ST DRAFT ON PAPER; ORIGINALLY IN SEASON 2)
(Kara volunteers to be a temporary cheerleading coach for her kid’s school which doesn’t turn out too well when the tables are turned and the cheerleaders are doing most of the leading while Kara sits on the sidelines watching.)

5. Girl Power (INCOMPLETE/2ND DRAFT TYPED HALFWAY DONE)
(Ana tries out for the school football team, but is given a hard time by her teammates once she makes the team. Unexpectedly, Melody becomes the new temporary football coach, but she proves to have quite the competitive streak that brings out the nastiness in her.)

6. Lazy Daze, Bummer Times (COMPLETED/2ND DRAFT)
(Jason, 13 and having not much of any goals in life starts hanging out with lazy bums who influence him into thinking he will get everything on a silver platter if he follows their motto.)

7. Be My Valentines (Mid-Season Episode COMPLETED/3RD DRAFT)
(Desperate to find a good Valentine’s Day gift for his wife Kara, Daniel sees a special offer for a cruise for two to the Caribbean, but he becomes upset when hears his neighbors the Humperdinkles have invited them to join them on the same cruise for the holiday weekend.)

8. Comin’ Out (INCOMPLETE/1ST DRAFT ON PAPER/3RD ACT UNWRITTEN)
(Dean feels ready to finally come out of the closet to his parents until something happens to change his mind. Eventually the secret slips out in the most unexpected way as Dean shouts he’s gay while performing in a school play. Will Daniel and Kara be able to accept having a gay son?)

9. 30 Going On Uh…Well 30 (INCOMPLETE/2ND DRAFT TYPED/MAJOR REVISION NEEDED)
(For her 30th birthday, Kara begins taking up dancing again, but when it doesn’t work out the way she plans, she has a mid-life crisis, a crisis that leads her to decide to dye her hair a ruby red to change her appearance, but the change brings onlookers which makes Daniel turn a furious red himself.)

10. The Stoop-id Man Who Made a Racist Comment (COMPLETED/2ND DRAFT)
(Daniel makes a regretful comment from a joke that leads to his co-workers believing he’s a racist.)

11. Sugar Rush (COMPLETED/1ST DRAFT ON PAPER; ORIGINALLY SEASON ONE FINALE)
(After the mayor bans the sales of sugar based items, Daniel resorts to illegally importing junk food into town and selling it to sweet tooth customers with the help of the mob. Unfortunately as is much the case, Daniel and his family may have to pay the price.)

12. The Pretentious Genius Brother and His Amnesiac Sis (New Revised Title/COMPLETED DRAFT 2)
(Jason cheats on his intelligence test and finds out that he got an extremely high score, high enough to qualify him as a genius, but Jason quickly realizes once he’s attending a prep school for gifted students that’s it’s not as luxury as he had expected when he becomes a victim of verbal bullying by his new peers for his less than intelligent remarks. Meanwhile, Melody finds out that she once had a boyfriend before Miguel and can’t remember him because she suffered memory lost from a water ski accident, Melody tries to go out with her previous boyfriend again, but he turns out to be very obsessive. At the end, it’s revealed that the entire thing with Melody was an April Fool’s joke orchestrated by her father Daniel.)

13. Popularity Contest (1st Season Finale/INCOMPLETE; NO DRAFT WRITTEN OR TYPED, ORIGINATED FROM S4)
(It’s the annual popularity contest at school and Jason knows he’s gonna win for a third year in a row until Trex, Devon, Ana, Dean and Melody start hogging all the spotlight that’s when things get dirty!)

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 10:07:55 PM »
Definitely looking forward to them. :yes:
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 08:05:31 PM »
I'm gonna start in order with the Pilot titled "Never Trust Well Paid Doctors". It's amazing how the last draft I did of this was in March 2011 and I still need to cut a page or two of material.

Secondary characters introduced in the Pilot:
Farrah (Kara's twin sister)
Rodney (Daniel's dad)
Captain Beamington (Daniel's boss at the police station)
Jeremy Rhodes (Daniel's best friend and cop partner)
Harvey (Daniel's other best friend)
Dr. Hill (Family Therapist; only appears once again in Season 3)
Ashley (Queen Bee Popular 8th Grader)
Colby (Ana's male best friend/baseball teammate)
Miguel (Melody's boyfriend/neighbor)
Judge Patterson (Only appears in court related scenes)
Chief Dale

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 05:28:36 PM »
I made another slight change to my first season, switching the episode I had for ep. 4 to another episode. So below is the new episode 4 titled, "My Mom the Sex Ed Teacher" (New Title - TYPED ROUGH DRAFT #1)

Episode Summary: Kara has volunteered to be the new temporary Sex Ed teacher at her kids’ school much to their dismay and objections, but while she may be educating children on the basics of sex and prevention, she’s becoming a wild animal at home that Daniel just can’t keep up with.

This episode came in a little shorter than the average amount of pages I usually write, only 39 (18 1/2 front & back) pages.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »
Episode 2 is being heavily revised again, so I'll skip that one for now. Below is Episode 3.

Episode  3: Playing Hookey, Getting a Hookey (New Revised Title)
(When Jason, Ana and Dean are left out of the loop on a planned "Ditch Day" at school, they begin to feel as if they are uncool and decide in retaliation to plan their own Ditch Day, but things go awry when Principal Keeler catches them trying to fake illnesses to skip school and he immediately sends them to detention which they also eventually ditch to continue their ditch day plans. On their way, they run into their dad Daniel who is skipping work to avoid a job performance inspection at the police station that could put his job in jeopardy if he fails. While spending part of their afternoon at a baseball game playing hookey, a fly ball hits Jason in the face giving him a black eye. Rumors immediately spread around town and the assumption is that Daniel is abusing his son. The truth is finally revealed about the alleged abuse rumors, but it comes at the cost of admitting that they skipped work and school.)

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 11:21:22 PM »
Episode 5: Girl Power
(Ana tries out for the school football team, but is given a hard time by her teammates once she makes the team. After the school football coach is fired, Daniel along with everyone else in town worries that they once again will lose their chance to take on their longtime rivals The Vikings who have been undefeated for 20 years. (1992 as of 2012) Unexpectedly, Melody becomes the new temporary football coach after Jason's lazy and failed attempt, but Melody proves to have quite the competitive streak that brings out the nastiness in her. Under Melody's new leadership over the team, they are able to advance to the playoffs finally going against the Vikings, but will the team be able to win cutting losses with Ana or will she prove to be their only chance at their long awaited victory over their rivals?)

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 10:26:19 PM »
This isn't my best episode, one of the weakest of this first season IMO. Kinda tame in the jokes and all even though the story is moving at a fast pace than most of the other episodes I've posted usually do. I wanted to expand on the B-Story with Melody and her siblings on the movie they were making, but the episode was already running long and it's a B-Story anyway so it's not supposed to take up much time.  ;)

Episode 6: Lazy Daze, Bummer Times
(Jason, 13 and having not much of any long term goals in life starts hanging out with lazy bums who influence him into thinking he will get everything on a silver platter if he follows their motto. Meanwhile, Melody has to take on the duties of putting a student film together for her 8th Grade English class with her siblings Dean and Ana along with Grandpa Rodney volunteering to help, but the movie turns out to be a messy disaster once presented in class.)

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »
The following episode are being skipped for now

Episode 7: Be My Valentines (V-Day has long well passed, but besides that I need to edit/revise it again)
Episode 8: Comin' Out - I can't find my written script so I can type it! :( It's in one of my notebooks of written scripts somewhere... :thinking:
Episode 9: 30 Going On Uh…Well 30 (Revision needed; made some changes for the main plot that I haven't typed yet.)

In the meantime, attached below is...

Episode 10: The Stoop-id Man Who Made a Racist Comment

Episode Synopsis: When Chief Dale announces he's going on vacation and has picked someone to temporarily take his place, Daniel is more than sure that it will be him, but he gets the shock of his life when Dale picks Jeremy over him. Daniel believes Jeremy undermined him to get the temporary position. Daniel unknowingly makes a comment from a joke he heard on FOX news that leads to his co-workers believing he’s a racist. The joke in return could ultimately ruin his 20 year friendship with his best friend Jeremy so Daniel does what he can to do damage control on repeating the regretful joke.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:43:17 PM by Weatherlover »

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 10:07:21 AM »
SEASON ONE EPISODE 12: THE AMNESIAC SIS AND HER PRETENTIOUS GENIUS BRO

Episode Description: Jason cheats on his intelligence test and finds out that he got an extremely high score, high enough to qualify him as a genius, but Jason quickly realizes once he’s attending a prep school for gifted students that’s it’s not as luxury as he had expected when he becomes a victim of verbal bullying by his new peers for his less than intelligent remarks. Meanwhile, Melody finds out that she once had a boyfriend before Miguel and can’t remember him because she suffered memory lost from a water ski accident, Melody tries to go out with her previous boyfriend again, but he turns out to be very obsessive. At the end, it’s revealed that the entire thing with Melody was an April Fool’s joke orchestrated by her father Daniel.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:16:59 AM by Weatherlover »

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 10:06:53 AM »
SEASON ONE EPISODE 8: OUT OF THE CLOSET

Episode Description: Dean is nervous about having the lead part in a school play where he will have to kiss a girl. Eventually the secret slips out in the most unexpected way as Dean shouts he’s gay while performing in a school play. Will Daniel and Kara be able to accept having a gay son?

This one is fairly short compared to the others (37 pages/18.5 pages front and back) 3 pages below the minimum of 40. This is also the first rough draft, so I didn't change much from what I wrote.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
SEASON ONE EPISODE 9: 30 GOING ON UH...WELL 30

Episode Description: For her 30th birthday, Kara wants to begin taking up dancing again, but when it doesn’t work out the way she plans, she has a mid-life crisis, a crisis that leads her to decide to dye her hair a ruby red to change her appearance, but the change brings onlookers which makes Daniel turn a furious red himself.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 07:39:54 PM »
NOTE: Temporarily skipping episodes 11 and 13 and jumping ahead to Season two. Episode 14 was a Halloween themed episode that I posted last October so I won't post that one again.

SEASON TWO EPISODE 15: FARRAH, KARA WHACKED SHUT

Episode Description: While at one of his GRA meetings (A version of the NRA), Daniel meets Leonato, an Italian mobster who’s trying to keep his high life of crime on the down low until Daniel makes a comment to him about how he wishes his sister in law Farrah would just die, Leonato and his gang of mobsters go out to kill Farrah, taking Daniel's comment as a green-light to whack her off even though Daniel didn't intentially want Leonato to put a hit out on her. Kara and Farrah are downtown when Leonato goes in for the kill on Farrah, but he doesn’t know whether Kara is Farrah or Farrah is Kara since they’re both twins, so he kidnaps and holds them both as hostages.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 10:25:06 PM »
I'll be the first to admit the plot of this story is very far fetched (logically) but hey I don't do research to see if such a plot is realistically possible for a comedy. It was the best thing I could think of build up the climax to the plot.  :P

Season Two Episode 18: The Thanksgiving Fight Part One

Episode Description: Daniel notices a letter from the bank stating a “FINAL NOTICE” on his family’s very late final home mortgage payment. Daniel soon starts to remember that he gave away the responsibilities of the mortgage of his home as part of a bet during a poker game a year ago out of desperation. Ironically, he finds out the person who’s over his home mortgage is actually a bank teller at the same bank he got the final notice from. Daniel frantically tries to work out a compromise with the bank teller, but when the bank teller refuses to give him his home mortgage back, he’s left to come up with insane ideas to get out of having his home foreclosed. Meanwhile, Jason and his friends spend their last day of school before the holidays planning the biggest fireworks display to ever to be seen in town, but things don’t go as well as planned. Daniel on the other hand is on pins and needles trying to keep Kara from finding out his secret, but Rodney may drop the bomb on him, Later the bank teller comes by to inform the family that they have a month to leave their home as it has been officially repossessed by the bank. Kara is so upset that Daniel has been lying to her that she immediately kicks him out of the house on Thanksgiving night.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 08:00:08 PM »
Season Two Episode 19: The Christmas Forgiveness Part Two
Episode Code - S21906

Episode Description: The kids are worried that Kara has finally had the last straw with her marriage to Daniel since they have been separated for nearly a month since Thanksgiving and Kara doesn’t seem to be coming around to forgiving Daniel. Meanwhile Daniel has rented an apartment downtown and is thinking of a way to get Kara to forgive him and a good Christmas present to break the ice, but after he forgets about participating in the Secret Santa at work, he gets the short end of the stick when he’s suspended without pay for it. Now Daniel is left homeless as he can’t pay his rent and is forced to live with friend to friend for the time being. Suddenly Daniel gets the idea to fight the bank and the stubborn bank teller for his house back by hiring a lawyer named Leo who hasn’t won a case in 18 years!

NintenGamers Nation

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 01:24:59 PM »
Episodes 20-23 are being heavily revised so they're also being temporarily skipped. Also the following below was originally a two parter, but morphed both parts into just one regular episode, I didn't really think it needed to be a two parter. :no:

Season Two Episode 24: Mad Catdaddy Love
Episode Code - S22410

Episode Description: Rodney, tired of hanging out with his war veteran buddies and as a couch potato at his son’s home, decides to take the suggestion of Daniel to go on a blind date with an attractive young woman nearly half his age! But things aren’t all peachy when after dating for a few weeks Rodney’s girlfriend becomes pregnant! Rodney decides that the best way to solve the problem is not only to be a father to his soon to be child, but also to marry his girlfriend so the child won’t be born in wedlock, however once the day of the wedding arrives Rodney gets cold feet and pretends to confess his love to Kara as a cowardly way of breaking off the wedding.

NintenGamers Nation