April 18, 2024, 08:19:59 PM

Author Topic: May 1st, 2008 Kansas City tornado warning coverage  (Read 1386 times)

Offline NicoleWasHere

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: 31
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
May 1st, 2008 Kansas City tornado warning coverage
« on: May 09, 2008, 03:23:20 AM »
This is my very first video, with tornado warning coverage for my area, and probably one of very few for Kansas City, on YouTube, so this is a proud achievement, for me.

This is the first part of (I don't know how many, yet) several more clips to follow. The weather break in starts just a minute before the first tornado warning for the immediate metro area is issued.

I added a 'dramatic introduction' to get you pumped up.  :P Also included are shots of what the sky looked like just minutes before all Hell started breaking loose, around the area.

While I do have most clips of what happened in the early evening, I do not have footage of the bow echo system that came through after midnight, which produced several embedded tornadoes and destroyed many houses, up north. This is just my first time, so if anything else were to happen here, and being that I'm in the Midwest, it will, I'll try to get better coverage... This was all taken during the Thursday night programming line up, while we were out eating, so unfortunately, any coverage during Scrubs or 30 Rock was missed.

But enough of my long winded rambling, just watch the damn clip!  :P :lol:

Part two's coming, soon!

NicoleWasHere

FacebookMySpaceYouTube

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: May 1st, 2008 Kansas City tornado warning coverage
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 07:18:14 AM »
Pretty good coverage.  Any coverage from a station who has a shot of the storm from their tower cam is a good one.  That shot of the storm on ESP RADAR was amazing!

Speaking of the ESP RADAR, this is the first station, beside My local CBS afilliated station here in Rock Island, and their sister station's in Des Moines, Souix City, IA, and Lincoln Nebraska, to use Exclusive Storm Prediction.  I like the radar, but they need to take that annoying sweep out of it, because anyone with eyes can see it's fake..

Offline NicoleWasHere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 07:52:15 AM »
I'm glad you like it.  :)  Yes, KSHB's weather coverage is considered some of the best, if not THE best, in at least the Kansas City metro area, possibly for both Kansas and Missouri as a whole.  Gary Lezak is Kansas City's answer to Gary England, if you will.  He has been considered the most accurate meterologist in Kansas City since 1992, and he only became head honcho over at KSHB nine years ago.  :)

Here's part two, which I decided to go ahead and put up:

This clip is longer, it's 10 minutes even.  I'll start working on part three, when I get the chance.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:54:03 AM by NicoleWasHere »

NicoleWasHere

FacebookMySpaceYouTube

Offline NicoleWasHere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 05:32:56 AM »
Part three is now up:

NicoleWasHere

FacebookMySpaceYouTube

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 01:38:17 PM »
Once again, thanks for posting!  I am a nerd when it comes to weather coverage.  I just love every aspect of it.  Radar's are cool tools.  That's pretty good coverage.  Question, were they in a plane getting the picture of the storm, or was that their station tower cam??  Just curious..

If anyone else has specific severe weather coverage from their area, on what you feel is the best, I'd love to see them :D

Offline NicoleWasHere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 08:04:47 AM »
Once again, thanks for posting!  I am a nerd when it comes to weather coverage.  I just love every aspect of it.  Radar's are cool tools.  That's pretty good coverage.  Question, were they in a plane getting the picture of the storm, or was that their station tower cam??  Just curious..

If anyone else has specific severe weather coverage from their area, on what you feel is the best, I'd love to see them :D

They were up in a helicopter... Something you couldn't pay me to be in, if it were storming, as they showed.   :lol:

NicoleWasHere

FacebookMySpaceYouTube