April 23, 2024, 03:25:21 PM

Author Topic: Information about copied YouTube Videos...  (Read 1118 times)

Offline wxmancanada

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Information about copied YouTube Videos...
« on: September 30, 2008, 11:53:21 PM »
I am tired as I can only assume Gary and Stephen are as well of new threads about YouTube Videos being stolen..

Now, there is a shread of respect I do have for people who did take time and effort to make a video, regardless of whos property it is (eg making a TWC emulator in powerpoint / fancy editor that took you 2 days).

If you uploaded a peice of work that is yours, meaning you uploaded it to YouTube and someone copied it, you are encouraged to use this tool to report it: http://www.youtube.com/copyright_complaint_form

I contacted YouTube this morning about a particular user and asked what I could do as a YouTube user if my videos were copied off my account and posted on another account (I also threatned to log in under my work account and do some deleting, thats problaly what sparked the quick responce ;) ) but I was still curious as to what a normal user could do. The answer is above.

Of course, YouTube will check your account for the matching video, see the upload date, compare the two, etc, etc... Hope this helps.