March 28, 2024, 01:01:12 PM

Author Topic: I haven't been online here in a bit more than a year- what all has changed?  (Read 14916 times)

Offline TechKitten

• Been waiting for years.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 20897
  • WxScan Ch. #: 131
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
I'm just asking out of pure curiosity and laziness.

Offline crazybangles

• Proud fan of TWC (2014-Present)
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21809
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
  • WxScan ID #: 20753
Honestly, not that much. Just check the “Show unread posts since your last visit” and “Show new replies to your posts” sections to see what you may have missed.

Offline TechKitten

• View Profile
I checked that, only about two pages of posts, seems as if the place has started dying off since I signed off a year ago.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of fans of the past have moved on to other things. I still post new content to TWCC almost every week, though!
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline TechKitten

• View Profile
Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of fans of the past have moved on to other things. I still post new content to TWCC almost every week, though!

It's great to see that you are still maintaining and adding new content.

Offline crazybangles

• View Profile
It is great to still have some people around though. I do agree that these days The Weather Channel has kind of turned to crap and the great days of the channel we all loved are behind us.

Offline nodakguy

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Midcontinent Comm.

Thats where i go, I am one of those aforementioned fans

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
It is great to still have some people around though. I do agree that these days The Weather Channel has kind of turned to crap and the great days of the channel we all loved are behind us.
I'm afraid that's right. :(
Yeah I wish more people would come on here, especially ones who used to be on here all the time.  :(
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline TechKitten

• View Profile
I'm afraid that's right. :(
Yeah I wish more people would come on here, especially ones who used to be on here all the time.  :(

Honestly this place kind of feels like my old Xbox Live account. There's people on there that haven't been online since 2009. Instead here, its just people signing off in 2015-16 and never coming back (or logging in sporadically).

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
Sadly, as others have already said, the majority of members left due to TWCs decline in the past decade...  it's just not the same. Every once in a blue moon I'll take a glance at the forum from afar to see what all people are doing, but I don't see much activity at all that interests me. I do keep in contact with some other old timers from here, which is fantastic!

While I still admire the technology aspect of TWC and work with my STAR hardware, I don't particularly care for the network as it stands today. My family ditched cable back in 2015, and frankly, I am a-okay with not having TWC anymore. Netflix and Hulu FTW :happy:

I do miss all the buzz and random discussions we all had back in the day on these forums, though! :thumbsup:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
Sadly, as others have already said, the majority of members left due to TWCs decline in the past decade...  it's just not the same. Every once in a blue moon I'll take a glance at the forum from afar to see what all people are doing, but I don't see much activity at all that interests me. I do keep in contact with some other old timers from here, which is fantastic!

While I still admire the technology aspect of TWC and work with my STAR hardware, I don't particularly care for the network as it stands today. My family ditched cable back in 2015, and frankly, I am a-okay with not having TWC anymore. Netflix and Hulu FTW :happy:

I do miss all the buzz and random discussions we all had back in the day on these forums, though! :thumbsup:
Yeah, me too. I still keep in touch with many of you guys that I've known over so many years as well, and I am so grateful for that! :) Those memories of our good times here on the forums and TWC shall never die.

Offline 22appaar

• Weather Geek
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1102
  • SD Channel #: 44
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
Yeah there isn't much activity here anymore.
Don't you just love the weather?
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_R9Mj-W2nKK_V6PAZv2KBQ

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
Unless something significant happen, like new look (which happened today) or bad weather coverage, yeah, this forum is dead. 11 years ago, it was a lot more active when the channel has more hours of weather coverage.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
I still vividly remember the day TWC lost power back in the mid 2000s. There was a thread on my now defunct message board that had 10 pages of posts the evening it happened. When I checked it out the next morning, it had exploded to 60 pages! I guess you could say that that thread went "viral" before "going viral" was a thing.
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline crazybangles

• View Profile
That sure can be said. I came here in 2015 and unfortunately not much has changed.