April 27, 2024, 06:44:34 AM

Author Topic: Election Day Discussion & Coverage  (Read 23975 times)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Election Day Discussion & Coverage
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »

In regards to this election, we have given the Democrats a chance to turn things around and its clear that was a poor decision. Tomorrow will be a great day!

That is what you think. But not this time!   :nono: The republicans screwed America over big time for 8 years, and we have only just started to recover from that mess.  Yes, tomorrow will be a great day. For the democrats!!! We got a bunch of surprises up our sleeves tomorrow.  :yes:

Amen.  :clap:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 11:12:21 PM »

In regards to this election, we have given the Democrats a chance to turn things around and its clear that was a poor decision. Tomorrow will be a great day!

That is what you think. But not this time!   :nono: The republicans screwed America over big time for 8 years, forcing us into the worst recession in any of our lifetimes, and we have only just started to recover from that mess.  Yes, tomorrow will be a great day. For the democrats!!! We got a bunch of surprises up our sleeves tomorrow.  :yes: I will be so happy to see the haters eat crow!  :rofl2:

Hold your horses there. You're gonna anger some people with that attitude.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »

That is what you think. But not this time!   :nono: The republicans screwed America over big time for 8 years, forcing us into the worst recession in any of our lifetimes, and we have only just started to recover from that mess.  Yes, tomorrow will be a great day. For the democrats!!! We got a bunch of surprises up our sleeves tomorrow.  :yes: I will be so happy to see the haters eat crow!  :rofl2:

I am just responding to someone's own political position with my own political position.
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 12:17:12 AM »
No worries. We are all civil Americans and I LOVE talking politics :) Everyone is welcome to voice their opinions/views as long as it doesn't resort to dirty attacks. I don't think any of us will do that. I applaud that people with different views can have rational debates over issues.  :clap:

Well if the country truly believes the Republicans and tea party candidates are wrong then their votes will show it. One thing I can't stand though is hearing folks on the media call the voters ignorant or stupid. I firmly believe Americans are above that and if what they are saying is true, then isn't it the media who has failed to get the facts out?

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 01:02:49 AM »
What have your local stations been doing as far as extended coverage? For the past week, the three big ones here, KDKA, WPXI, and WTAE, all have extended their 11pm newscasts to an hour in length, to truly get down to what is and isn't true about each candidate, which I think it neat. WTAE also extended their noon newscasts as well. Tomorrow they all plan break-ins throughout the night, as well as live coverage from WPXI on PCNC. I'll definitely be glued to the TV tomorrow night.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 05:37:46 AM »
Floridian politics are screwed if the republican candidates get elected  :whistling: (not that republicans are bad in general, but just the two that are running for FL governor and FL senate)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 08:09:19 AM »
Eh, no indiciment, I believe. He's just been living with his parents and for some reason, the Democrats nominated him. It really pissed off the National Democratic Committee, who tried to get the guy off the ballot, but he's staying in (essentially guarenteeing a Republican Senator).
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 08:30:34 AM »
So here is what each party faces today:

SENATE
Pre-election, 59 seats are occupied by the Democrats, while 41 are filled by the GOP. The Democrats can afford to lose 8 seats and still have a majority, while the Republicans must win 10 to overthrow the Democrats. 37 seats are up to change.

HOUSE
Every single seat in the house is up for a vote. Out of 435 seats, one party must take at least 218 seats to have a majority.

GOVERNER
37 states have their governer elections today.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 09:46:04 AM »
What have your local stations been doing as far as extended coverage? For the past week, the three big ones here, KDKA, WPXI, and WTAE, all have extended their 11pm newscasts to an hour in length, to truly get down to what is and isn't true about each candidate, which I think it neat. WTAE also extended their noon newscasts as well. Tomorrow they all plan break-ins throughout the night, as well as live coverage from WPXI on PCNC. I'll definitely be glued to the TV tomorrow night.

As far as I see, KTLA (CW affiliate) is a great source to watch the Election coverage. They have reporters scattered all over the state (even one in Sacramento and one here in my area). All the others are not so much. I'd rather watch KTLA than any other news affiliate. Their newscasts will be 90% election coverage and 10% other news.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 10:00:36 AM »

Agreed. The republicans are responsible for the situation we're in now, Democrats historically have been able to turn the worst economic situation around, unfortunately, that is not the case. I will not be participating in elections due to lack of time, even interest at the time.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 10:48:06 AM »

That is what you think. But not this time!   :nono: The republicans screwed America over big time for 8 years, forcing us into the worst recession in any of our lifetimes, and we have only just started to recover from that mess.
OMG, I am SO sick of hearing that B.S. (FYI - I'm directing my anger at the Dems and the liberal media, not you)!! Yes, it's true, the Bush era Republicans screwed up on a lot of things. Medicare Part D, the border, and No Child Left Behind to name a few. But let's not forget that the economy was doing fairly well (except around 9/11) until Pelosi came into power in 2007. People seem to think that the President is solely responsible for the economy. Not so. More often than not, it's the congress. So when people talk about the "Clinton boom" and the "Bush recession," what they should really be talking about is the Gingrich boom and Pelosi recession. Like it or not, the President has had almost two years to fix things, the Congress has had almost four. Things are clearly not getting better. So we have two options, we can vote for more of the same or try a new batch of Republicans. Personally, I'd rather take a chance on the Republicans. I mean, most Democrats won't even acknowledge that there's a problem. They mock us for daring to complain or disagree with them. And they expect us to reward them for that? I don't think so!

As a side note, what we Tea Party activists are trying to do is elect new Republicans that are true conservatives. We are NOT trying to elect or re-elect the Republicans that ran things during the Bush years. Those were mainly progressives (who aren't much different than the liberal progressives currently in power). And progressives are bad! :club: So when you hear the President or one of his supporters saying that we want to go back to the way things were, he's full of it. I don't know a single conservative that wants to go back to the way things were. We want LIMITED government. Period.
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »

That is what you think. But not this time!   :nono: The republicans screwed America over big time for 8 years, forcing us into the worst recession in any of our lifetimes, and we have only just started to recover from that mess.
OMG, I am SO sick of hearing that B.S. (FYI - I'm directing my anger at the Dems and the liberal media, not you)!! Yes, it's true, the Bush era Republicans screwed up on a lot of things. Medicare Part D, the border, and No Child Left Behind to name a few. But let's not forget that the economy was doing fairly well (except around 9/11) until Pelosi came into power in 2007. People seem to think that the President is solely responsible for the economy. Not so. More often than not, it's the congress. So when people talk about the "Clinton boom" and the "Bush recession," what they should really be talking about is the Gingrich boom and Pelosi recession. Like it or not, the President has had almost two years to fix things, the Congress has had almost four. Things are clearly not getting better. So we have two options, we can vote for more of the same or try a new batch of Republicans. Personally, I'd rather take a chance on the Republicans. I mean, most Democrats won't even acknowledge that there's a problem. They mock us for daring to complain or disagree with them. And they expect us to reward them for that? I don't think so!

As a side note, what we Tea Party activists are trying to do is elect new Republicans that are true conservatives. We are NOT trying to elect or re-elect the Republicans that ran things during the Bush years. Those were mainly progressives (who aren't much different than the liberal progressives currently in power). And progressives are bad! :club: So when you hear the President or one of his supporters saying that we want to go back to the way things were, he's full of it. I don't know a single conservative that wants to go back to the way things were. We want LIMITED government. Period.

Wow, you're a tea party activist?!   :rofl2: No matter how you slice it, all this so-called "tea party" is is just the group of people that never voted for President Obama, and will never support him anyway. Plus, the arguement about the liberal media is such BS.  :hammer: There is not a liberal media. That is just a lame excuse.  All of the networks over at least the last week have been celebrating the supposed victory by the Republicans.

- From "Moesha"

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »

Wow, you're a tea party activist?!   :rofl2:
You are a democrat?  :rofl2: :rofl2: I don't think it is kind of you to laugh at someone for their beliefs. That was a bit rude.

In any case I just got back from volunteering at my local polling station for 5hrs. I live in a liberal district and I can safely say it will be a big night for republicans! :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 05:25:40 PM by Martin »

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 06:57:51 PM »
All that glitters is not gold. Time will tell.

- From "Moesha"

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 07:15:28 PM »
ELECTION UPDATE: 7:10 PM EDT.

SENATE
Patrick Leahy (D) is projected to win in Vermont.
Jim DeMint (R) is projected to win in South Carolina.
Rand Paul (R) is projected to win in Kentucky.
Dan Coats (R) is projected to win in Indiana. PARTY CHANGE.

Republicans have 26 seats, the Democrats 41.

HOUSE
Vermont has given its single congressional seat to the Democrats.
Indiana has handed 3 of its 9 congressional seats to Republicans.
Kentucky has given 2 of its 6 seats to Republicans.
Georgia has handed 3 of the 13 seats to Republicans.

Democrats have 1 seat, Republicans have 10.

More results coming soon.
Tiddlywinks.