April 19, 2024, 04:34:52 PM

Author Topic: Do you have someone in the family who hates TWC?  (Read 7544 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Do you have someone in the family who hates TWC?
« on: July 10, 2007, 10:36:17 AM »
Every single day, my stupid as*hole father keeps complaining "get off the computer!" "stop watching TWC" I just said "Shut up, already!" "I don't care if you don't like TWC. I do and if you don't like it, get a life!" I also have to hand in the fact that he can be heavily drunk sometimes but this is ridiculous. Does anybody else know someone who keeps complaining of your hobby of the Weather Channel!?

G2003

Re: Do you have someone in the family who hates TWC?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »
Everyone in my family doesnt really have an oppinion of TWC. THey are used to it though, after I always made them
sit and watch it with me . :D

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 10:40:47 AM »
No one in my family complains-but that's because they don't know I like to watch TWC. They would probably think I was some kind of freak if they did know.  :D

G2003

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »
No one in my family complains-but that's because they don't know I like to watch TWC. They would probably think I was some kind of freak if they did know.  :D
How do they not know?  :huh:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:48:56 AM »
How do they not know?  :huh:
I don't know...maybe it has something to do with the fact that I usually only watch in my bedroom...or maybe its because I haven't told them... or maybe its a combination of the two.  ;)

Offline Tech_Guy

• ^ US Routes 22 and 322 near Harrisburg, PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:17:25 PM »
Nobody in my family seems to mind. In fact, when I go on vacation with my mother, we both tune in to The Weather Channel.

If I ever become a parent, I would HOPE that my child would gain an interest in something like The Weather Channel. Just about all of the other channels sat/cable has to offer are not even fit for kids to watch. At least The Weather Channel is educational to a point. If my son or daughter wants to watch it, I will let them with little complaint. It has to be better than a trash channel like MTV.
WeatherStar XL v3 :: WeatherStar 4000 Emulator

G2003

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 07:25:54 PM »
When they are first born, strap them to a seat infront of TWC for 300 hours and see what happens.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 09:22:56 PM »
When they are first born, strap them to a seat infront of TWC for 300 hours and see what happens.

That doesn't sound like a very good idea.  :D

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 08:57:04 AM »
I don't know anyone in my family who HATES TWC, although not a lot of family members know I like TWC. My dad watches TWC and Weatherscan sometimes. He told me he really likes some of the music on it.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 01:38:27 PM »
Everyone usually checks the weather channel in the morning in my house, and my family doesn't care for it.

Most of my family are all for me likeing the weather/weather channel..which I am very thankfull for.

My brother hates TWC...but he doesnt count :P

Offline wpgh53fan

• Miss Cleo LOVES FOX53!!! Don't we all, Cleo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 11:29:34 AM »
My Womynfriend hates it when I watch it. Too bad I bitch-slap her when she says that.
TWC Today's First Lady!

TWC ROX MY SOX!

TWC and FOX53, a PERFECT MATCH!

From WPGH-TV, Pittsburgh's #1 Primetime Newscast, this is the TEN O CLOCK NEWS!  *BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM* Making A Difference, this is [ABC] 27 News at 6.

Offline ndinminot

• TWC Music Expert (1986 thru 2009)
  • TWC fan from 1991 to 2008
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Midcontinent Comm.
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 09:03:32 AM »
My Womynfriend hates it when I watch it. Too bad I bitch-slap her when she says that.

Yea, most Women especially the young ones (14-20something) arent into T.W.C. the  way most of us are...let alone any kind of instrumental music. My woman is the same way, but she tolerates it ....she has to, we live together.

When I started watching TWC back in the early 90s my parents thought I was abnormal and was weird.....I was living in Puerto Rico at the time, go figure.....but anyways as I got older they eventually tolerated it, they had to.. I was over 18, and I am not going to change for anybody, EVEN family....

If I had a kid, I wouldnt give him a hard time if he became a TWC fan, hell i'd encourage him(or her) we need more people that are into the combo of Geography/Weather and Jazz/New Age instrumental music
No Place On Earth Has Better Weather

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 09:26:55 AM »

Yea, most Women especially the young ones (14-20something) arent into T.W.C. the  way most of us are...let alone any kind of instrumental music. My woman is the same way, but she tolerates it ....she has to, we live together.

When I started watching TWC back in the early 90s my parents thought I was abnormal and was weird.....I was living in Puerto Rico at the time, go figure.....but anyways as I got older they eventually tolerated it, they had to.. I was over 18, and I am not going to change for anybody, EVEN family....

If I had a kid, I wouldnt give him a hard time if he became a TWC fan, hell i'd encourage him(or her) we need more people that are into the combo of Geography/Weather and Jazz/New Age instrumental music

Now those are my subjects! :) :D

G2003

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 09:58:53 AM »

Now those are my subjects! :) :D
Mine too :)

Offline ndinminot

• TWC Music Expert (1986 thru 2009)
  • TWC fan from 1991 to 2008
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Midcontinent Comm.
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 10:26:27 AM »
Allright, sweet! that means we have some great things in common!. Great minds think alike 8) feel free to PM me if u want to talk more depth about those subjects
No Place On Earth Has Better Weather